Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Exterior Sun Visor.......Opinions (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/848267-exterior-sun-visor-opinions.html)

Kusto 05-22-2009 12:04 AM

Hey Julie, I think the hood ornament looks great, no so sure about the skirts in the photo you posted, but I think with some care and attention, I think you could fab up a very nice set that would look a little nicer than those on the red truck.

Julies Cool F1 05-22-2009 11:23 AM

Well, I've seen them for sale a couple of times, and also I was told at the "3-day" swap meet here that the skirts from a 46-47 Ford Car fit as well, but I haven't checked that out.

I'm not sure about the skirts. I guess if I don't like them I could take them off and put them up with the other "optional parts" I have. Thanks goodness my new house has a 4 car barn in the back to store stuff!!!!!!

PS The hood ornament is off a 46-47 Ford car. Yo ucan get one on e-bay, and it's about $100 to rechrome. I've seen LOADS of pictures of our trucks with those on there. It has an "aqua" clear plexi insert on the top edge (that is available aftermarket for about $10) and I have a small light mounted inside that "illuminates" it very slightly at night up through the plexi and radiates in the "Aqua." Very Cool Looking!

bikertrash17844 04-18-2013 08:54 AM

visor

I have a fiberglass visor for 53-56 f100 brand new for sale $200.
bikertrash@dejazzd.com

sunbird79 04-18-2013 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1 (Post 7529804)
Well, I've seen them for sale a couple of times, and also I was told at the "3-day" swap meet here that the skirts from a 46-47 Ford Car fit as well, but I haven't checked that out.

I'm not sure about the skirts. I guess if I don't like them I could take them off and put them up with the other "optional parts" I have. Thanks goodness my new house has a 4 car barn in the back to store stuff!!!!!!

PS The hood ornament is off a 46-47 Ford car. Yo ucan get one on e-bay, and it's about $100 to rechrome. I've seen LOADS of pictures of our trucks with those on there. It has an "aqua" clear plexi insert on the top edge (that is available aftermarket for about $10) and I have a small light mounted inside that "illuminates" it very slightly at night up through the plexi and radiates in the "Aqua." Very Cool Looking!

I think these are the car skirts you are talking about. Sorry for the video I coulnd find any pics. I know I was red .015 but it's a good look at the skirts. It's loud as a warning!!!

Pokeysparts 11-07-2013 01:19 PM

Hoping for help??? 1949 Ford Truck Sunvisor

I have a customer looking for a Sunvisor for his 49 Ford truck. I am not familiar with the width of the cab on this year truck he says it measures 48 1/2" is this a correct measurement of the cab for a 49 Sunvisor? Any help would be appreciated!