Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   Is there a way to watch dvd for passenger while driving (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/847358-is-there-a-way-to-watch-dvd-for-passenger-while-driving.html)

h2nd2none 05-02-2009 10:27 PM

Is there a way to watch dvd for passenger while driving

Is there a bypass module or code to watch dvd while driving?

fonefiddy 05-03-2009 06:25 AM

Yes there are bypass modules available. But Why would You want to be that distracted while driving? You don't have enough distractions already?

Bsimmer3000 05-03-2009 09:00 AM

You can get the unlock module soon but it's locked because it's dangerous haveing images like movies and flashing pictures on the screen while driveing. By law even GPS units are only allowed a certain amount of FPS and moving content because of the safty factor. But it does let you have it on whilst your not moving when it's 1 million times safer to have it on. The roads are dangerous without people watching movies whilst driving.

rickey498 05-03-2009 10:58 AM

I really dont think a passenger watching a dvd is that big a deal. I would rather have my passenger watching the dvd on the nav than his or her lab top. It would also be nice if my passenger could look up the nearest gas station while on the road. I know there are good arguements on both sides of this issue. Alot of people aren't capable of driving and doing anything else at the same time. I personally would like to have the choice.

h2nd2none 05-03-2009 01:33 PM

I have them in all my vehicles and have never had a problem. Wife and kids watch tv on trips - no big deal. If there is a module where do you find one. Thanks

Bsimmer3000 05-03-2009 02:40 PM

The nav shows you the fuel stations when your fuel is low and when your moving. The only reason you really need to be able to use the nav is the POI's. Having a movie playing whilst your driveing is a bad idea no matter how good of a driver you think you are. It only takes a second for you to be distracted and next thing you know you have run a red light and smashed into a familey and killed all them of them and maybe someone in your car. There's to many idiots on the road as it is and it takes your full attention just to go out to the shops.

bry14661 05-03-2009 07:38 PM

Alright, since these ****in *******s won't answer your question and just continue to press there judgement and opinions on you ill help you.

HARD DRIVE LOCKPICK

Some people just cant get it through there head that its possible to have a screen playing something and not be staring at it the whole time. Probably because they spend 90% of there lives doing just that.

AlbusPlaustrum06 05-03-2009 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by bry14661 (Post 7459857)
Alright, since these ****in *******s won't answer your question and just continue to press there judgement and opinions on you ill help you.

HARD DRIVE LOCKPICK

Some people just cant get it through there head that its possible to have a screen playing something and not be staring at it the whole time. Probably because they spend 90% of there lives doing just that.

:-yeahrigh

And that it is so much more a mature stance to have. A lot of us have a hard enough time dodging idiots on their cells phones or reaching around to the back seat for whatever much less someone watching The Fast and the Furious. Maybe if there are less things for the ADD drivers out there to shift between in the cab they will watch the road or something silly like the other vehicles on the road with them. I know just a silly little idea that drivers should be driving...:-missingt

fonefiddy 05-04-2009 04:33 AM

Cell Phones, GPS, Coffee, Big Macs, etc.

Now We ave to worry about peeps watching movies.

I mean these are supposed to be trucks?? Not rolling Movie Theaters.

Good luck paying attention to actually driving. When the Terminator starts killing, Who's not gonna watch?

Bsimmer3000 05-04-2009 08:16 AM

There's a guy who i think works in the local lowes here and every lunchtime he is out in his car watching movies with a massive portable dvd system stuck to his dash. The crazy thing is i seen this same guy leaveing lowes with this screen still on. whats funny is it has a massive 12-15" screen and he watches it whilst he drives and i wonder if he thinks that it wontdistract him whilst driveing. The state of his car says otherwise. Covered in massive dents and dings and bumpers hanging off. If your passenger really wants to watch a movie whilst moving then get a personal movie player thats sits right in front of her and aint in your face the whole time your driveing. That way you can still listen to what ever you want to listen to and still be looking at the road.

bry14661 05-04-2009 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by AlbusPlaustrum06 (Post 7460174)
:-yeahrigh

And that it is so much more a mature stance to have. A lot of us have a hard enough time dodging idiots on their cells phones or reaching around to the back seat for whatever much less someone watching The Fast and the Furious. Maybe if there are less things for the ADD drivers out there to shift between in the cab they will watch the road or something silly like the other vehicles on the road with them. I know just a silly little idea that drivers should be driving...:-missingt

youre right it is immature, but so isnt passing judgements and making someone else live by what you feel is right. He said its for his kids and wife. Get that through your thick skulls that some people have more self control than your basic tv addicted idiot.

Mikey D1016 05-04-2009 08:54 AM

All those idiots out there will see someday, when they kill someone and cry about sitting in jail. It is bad enough people use their cell phones while driving(which is illegal here in Ct), yet they allow the cops to talk and drive because they are trained drivers (B.S.). Now I have to worry about some idiot killing me and my family just so he can watch a movie. That thing is locked out for a reason while you are driving. If the passenger wants to watch a movie soooooooooo bad, get the headrest dvd screens and have them sit in the back seat.

Mikey D1016 05-04-2009 08:57 AM

Oh and I will try my best to stay away from those NY drivers

Bsimmer3000 05-04-2009 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by bry14661 (Post 7461446)
youre right it is immature, but so isnt passing judgements and making someone else live by what you feel is right. He said its for his kids and wife. Get that through your thick skulls that some people have more self control than your basic tv addicted idiot.

He's not saying live by what he feels is right. He's saying that it's shut of from the factory for a reason. It's dangerous to have moving images in the front of a vehicle if your moving no matter if your watching it or not. No matter if you look at it or not it will always be in your peripheral vision which is dangerous. If it wernt then they would allow you do do it from the factory.

daytomann 05-04-2009 09:08 AM

I've got a Kenwood double DIN unit in the dash, I can watch DVDs on it while driving...personally I hate it, its a HUGE HUGE distraction and I have to fight the urge to watch the damn thing.. But the wife can watch from the passenger seat....I guess if momma's happy, I'm happy :)