Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Modular V10 (6.8l) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum49/)
-   -   PCM Code (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/846168-pcm-code.html)

jstnromero 04-28-2009 10:01 PM

PCM Code

Hey Guys,
A couple of days ago I asked about getting custom tunes for my friend's 2000 F250 V10 and you guys recommended Mike at 5 Star Tuning.

Anyways today I went to go and pull the PCM out to get the PCM Code and the roughly 1"x1" sticker looked as it had fallen off.

Are there any other ways I can find out the code so that I can get the oder placed with mike at 5 Star Tuning for the tunes? Any help would be appreciated..... I am at a total loss here.
~jstnromero

EDIT: Asked last time in the superduty section....but thought that I would ask you V10'ers this one....

XL1200LTD-Keith 04-28-2009 10:17 PM

I think Mike can ship the Tuner, you can hook it up and return it to him. It will pull the code from the PCM.

5 Star Tuning 04-29-2009 07:11 AM

If the sticker is gone there are a few different options to get PCM code.

1. We can send you a loaner unit to you to Read the Trucks Strategy. (This is FREE of charge No shipping to and from) There will be a return ship label in the box to return loaner unit. Let us know what the strategy is and we can develop tunes and ship tunes already on the X3.

2. You can purchase an X3 and once you receive it Read Trucks Strategy. Let us know what the strategy is and we can develop tunes and then email them to you to download on the X3.

3. If you have a friend that may have an SCT X2 or X3 that you can borrow to read the trucks strategy. Reading Strategy takes 2 mins.

Let me know if we can be of any other help and thanks for remembering us and the opportunity:-drink

Mike

Mmaxed 04-29-2009 09:01 AM

When I got my tuner from Mike we us solution no 2. If you can get around in a computer it's easy to load the tunes Mike will email onto the X3.

jstnromero 04-29-2009 10:08 AM

so i can use my x3 to read his strategy file??? That would be really cool. I might just have to try that. I thought that they were locked on one vehicle only. Never thought to try to use it on his truck.

Thanks I will have to read the strategy today and place the order tomorrow. Be looking for us Mike!

Monsta 04-29-2009 11:39 AM

Mine also had the PCM code on a sticker on the driver's side door. It was located near the hinges.

5 Star Tuning 04-29-2009 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by jstnromero (Post 7442179)
so i can use my x3 to read his strategy file??? That would be really cool. I might just have to try that. I thought that they were locked on one vehicle only. Never thought to try to use it on his truck.

Thanks I will have to read the strategy today and place the order tomorrow. Be looking for us Mike!

10-4 Your X3 will work perfectly. Will Read Strategy and clear codes on any Ford Vehicle... Your correct though X3 will not tune/flash another vehicle when its vin locked unless returned to stock first.

Call us anytime..:-drink

Mike

jstnromero 04-30-2009 05:45 PM

Hey Guys,
Just got the strategy read and placed the order with Mike. Just wanted to give an update and say thanks for all the help!
~Jstnromero