Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum37/)
-   -   Radiator Support Mounting Hardware (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/845006-radiator-support-mounting-hardware.html)

Festus Hagen 04-25-2009 01:23 AM

Radiator Support Mounting Hardware

Hi all,

Radiator Core Support mounting hardware, does anyone know what years are interchangeable.

I need the retainers (Special washers) and am not having any luck finding them, actually I need everything, shims, bolts and all...

Sure would like to find this stuff, Have a new urethane kit, nothing to put it in with!

Thanks

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

uncle.stosh 04-25-2009 07:59 AM

They may still be available from the dealership, but last time I checked they were $$$$.

There really isn't anything special about them. A good nut and bolt supplier should be able to hook you up with some grade 8 bolts and fender washers.

IIRC: the body bolt inerts were $25 each from the dealer.

bfbiker 04-25-2009 11:43 AM

????

Originally Posted by Festus Hagen (Post 7426856)
Hi all,

Radiator Core Support mounting hardware, does anyone know what years are interchangeable.

I need the retainers (Special washers) and am not having any luck finding them, actually I need everything, shims, bolts and all...

Sure would like to find this stuff, Have a new urethane kit, nothing to put it in with!

Thanks

-Enjoy

So you are saying the Radiator Core Support will come off our trucks somewhat like a van does so you can take out and put in the motor
Dam I have to ck this out so I can put motor and trans as one :eek::-missingt
All so if any one needs rebuild kit for there AOD trans let me know I have a lead on them and to my door (payed at 5 pm thurs night and was at my door in fridays mail FAST) was 121.00 to the door:-fire

ctubutis 04-25-2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by bfbiker (Post 7427652)
So you are saying the Radiator Core Support will come off our trucks somewhat like a van does so you can take out and put in the motor

In installed my engine & trans as a single unit without removing the radiator support, used
a load leveler between the hoist & engine. Got it from NAPA for $40-$50, it's similar
to Garage Equipment Engine Hoist Accessories and Motor Lift Accessory on Sale

bfbiker 04-25-2009 01:34 PM

yep

Originally Posted by ctubutis (Post 7427781)
In installed my engine & trans as a single unit without removing the radiator support, used
a load leveler between the hoist & engine. Got it from NAPA for $40-$50, it's similar
to Garage Equipment Engine Hoist Accessories and Motor Lift Accessory on Sale

All ready have one
just have to get the motor and trans at angle that you have to boom the lift all the way out and puts a lot of stress on the lift
so again does it all unbolt like the van does:confused:

Festus Hagen 04-25-2009 01:48 PM

Yes, The core support is removable... Is it easy, that all depends on rust.

Also when removing the core support you will have to re-align the front clip.

-Enjoy

bfbiker 04-25-2009 01:50 PM

Thank you

Originally Posted by Festus Hagen (Post 7427894)
Yes, The core support is removable... Is it easy, that all depends on rust.

Also when removing the core support you will have to re-align the front clip.

-Enjoy

Thanks Festus :-jammin
Do you have any photos with out the core support:-drink

Festus Hagen 04-25-2009 02:14 PM

Yes, I do care about the dollars, but that is on the very bottom of the list.

I want the correct special washer/bushings. (retainers)

As I see/understand the top is a big washer with a hex bushing, the lower is a big washer with a round bushing.

Bolts, nuts and washers are the easy part, I have plenty on hand.

I will try the local dealer, but every time I go there and say 1986 they laugh, and say It's obsolete without even looking.
After some pushing I can usually get them to look some things up, but it's like pulling teeth.

-Enjoy

Festus Hagen 04-25-2009 02:20 PM

I don't, but I did just see some on this site, now If I can remember where...

Someone did a motor swap and had their core support off with inner & outer fenders still on. Might check the New Sticky (Or Sticky Suggestion Box), that may have been where I saw it.

it'll give you basically a straight shot stuffing the motor.

-Enjoy

81-F-150-Explorer 04-25-2009 02:40 PM

Last time I checked at my dealer in 2001.

Everything was obsolete except the long bolt that goes through the bushings, and the nut.

And this is with a dealer that I have friends behind the counter, and they take the time to help when they can.

Numberdummy might be able to search for them for you, and tell you either way. I'd give him a PM.

Festus Hagen 04-25-2009 04:36 PM

Thanks

I figure if somebody can and wants to respond they will, if not, I'm not going to force myself upon them...

-Enjoy

81-F-150-Explorer 04-25-2009 06:13 PM

I don't think he would mind. He loves helping people on here. It's just he doesn't visit this forum very often. Usually 1973-1979 forum and older.

NumberDummy 05-04-2009 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Festus Hagen (Post 7426856)

I need the retainers (Special washers) and am not having any luck finding them, actually I need everything, shims, bolts and all.

1980/89 F100/350 / F(Super Duty) / Bronco / Body Location #1 = Core Support / Bottom to Top.

2) N800442S .. Bolt-Metric / Obsolete

2) E2AZ5400155A .. Absorber-Lower

MSRP: $9.22 each // FTEpartsguy.com price each: $6.64
--------------------------------------------------------
2) EOTZ1000396A .. Absorber-Upper

MSRP: $84.03 each (!) // FTEPartsguy.com price each: $60.50
-------------------------------------------------------------
2) 387677S .. Washer 3/8" I.D. x 3/32" thick / Obsolete

2) E6TZ10000145A .. Shim / Obsolete

2) 382552S .. Washer v v / Obsolete

2) N620483S .. Nut-Metric / Obsolete

I did not look in the 1990/2002 parts catalog to see if these parts were used after 1989...but I will...if asked to do so.

I searched and found some of these obsolete parts at Ford Dealers & obsolete parts vendors.

I need to know what large city you live near, so I can list the sources closest to you.

86bigred 05-04-2009 08:34 PM

did you try NPD or LMC.i remember in one of those mags there was something for the rad support. just an idea.

Festus Hagen 05-05-2009 02:51 AM

Yea, I forgot to include that, NPD has nothing, LMC has core support hardware, but I really can't tell if it's complete or correct, It doesn't show the pieces I am after, but they may very well be part of the cushions.

It does show the pieces for the cab mounts, they call them a retainer.

If worse comes to worse that is what I'll do is order up a set of them and deal with it.
I really don't want to spend 25 bux a cushion and then burn the rubber off the bushing so I can use it in urethane cushions.

Numberdummy has listed some stuff for me but I don't see what I'm after in his list either. I'm thinking they are in fact part of the cushion from the factory.

This leads me to a belief that the urethane kit is incomplete and should not be marketed as is. It requires the use of these bushings and does not supply them.

They are a washer with a tube... The upper has a hex tube, the lower has a round tube.

-Enjoy