Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   Zip how long to drive from kelowna to princeton (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/844798-zip-how-long-to-drive-from-kelowna-to-princeton.html)

Saleenguy 04-24-2009 10:42 AM

Zip how long to drive from kelowna to princeton

I have to go to kelowna next week, and wonder how far it is from Ktown to Princeton?

Thanks

trugertha 04-24-2009 04:07 PM

depends which way you go

Saleenguy 04-24-2009 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by trugertha (Post 7425025)
depends which way you go

Quickest route...thanks

trugertha 04-24-2009 05:28 PM

you can go thru aspen grove (5A) then 97c to kelowna. now i think its quicker thru keremeos (3a) and over to penticton then to kelowna. i give you the first way becuase there is road construction between summerland and peachland but this is the times...PROJECT NO. 21906-0002 - HIGHWAY 97 : OKANAGAN HIGHWAY No.97 BENTLEY ROAD TO OKANAGAN LAKE PARK : Arthon Construction Ltd. - Sand, Gravel, Crushed Rock, Stone, International Shipping, Underground Works, Paving, and General Contracting
i think its about 2 hours i could be wrong. also theres a back road between princeton and summerland then you goto kelowna all dirt tho might save 30 min beauty drive.
hope this helps....

trugertha 04-24-2009 06:35 PM

ooo or you could go summerland princeton back to to peachland via glenlake rd. haha but thats even more back road

Zip 04-25-2009 06:12 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question Marty. I wasn't ignoring you.

Yahoo maps says 1hr. 49mins. Total of 149 kms. You would probably be quicker knowing your driving habits. That is taking the connector back towards Merritt. Via Penticton it is a little longer but a nicer drive.

I have never been through the Summerland Rd. route. Lots of people used it when the highway was closed when they thought the hill might slide down where they are doing the new highway construction.

Saleenguy 04-25-2009 11:39 AM

Thanks guys.
I have never really done more than drive thru Princeton, so thought since i had about 7 hours to kill might drive down and have a coffee with Chris if he was free.
But for some reason I was thinking they were really close together.:-huh

I still might, I have a courtesy car to abuse, ummmm i mean use.

Zip 04-25-2009 02:46 PM

Any time Monday thru Thursday I'm free if you do decide to take the trek. Which dealer is your turck going to. I think they have two.

Depending on the time of day that stupid bridge is a joy to get across.

Saleenguy 04-25-2009 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 7427991)
Any time Monday thru Thursday I'm free if you do decide to take the trek. Which dealer is your turck going to. I think they have two.

Depending on the time of day that stupid bridge is a joy to get across.

Orchard ford, its on the north side of town.

trugertha 04-25-2009 05:06 PM

bridge isn't so bad now that we have a new one just stay away from 3pm to 5pm haha unless your leaving 3 out 2 in