Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   Check out this country music (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/841983-check-out-this-country-music.html)

lariat97 04-15-2009 07:18 AM

Check out this country music

A good friend of mine has written his first CD.Check it out at this addy.
Mike Childress on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads. All the songs are written by him.Its good old country. Give it a listen.:-headbang

thumper869 04-15-2009 11:59 AM

good stuff good stuff. a friend of mine introduced me to texas country a few years ago and been listenin to it ever since. i don't even turn the radio on in my truck anymore. :-bigparty

lariat97 04-17-2009 07:44 PM

I liked the songs I heard. He will have the cd for sale soon. I'll get one for sure. He recorded it in Nashville with a studio band. Mike sings all the songs. Greywolf would like Mike. He is a old Navy man.

Fifty4F100 04-18-2009 05:20 PM

Good music! Would this be classified as "Red Dirt"? I've heard a lot about it lately, but I'm not sure what it is exactly.

I do know what bluegrass is though!

By the way - do they still have music on Collierville's townsquare?

lariat97 04-18-2009 05:31 PM

They still have music on the square in Collierville. I think the fair on the square is this next weekend. I know they will have music at it. I'm not sure what you call Mikes music.Its sure different from the 60s & 70s hard rock he played yrs ago.

Fifty4F100 04-18-2009 05:35 PM

I don't know if country singers go over to rock, but I know of a lot of old rockers that get burned out and wind up doing country.

Whats at the fair?

lariat97 04-19-2009 11:12 AM

I'll have to see what the fair has this yr. Your right about musicians. Few go from country to rock.Mike made the change real well IMO

Greywolf 04-19-2009 01:47 PM

Dial-up.... The final frontier. I'm working on getting a listen but it isn't going very fast.

On a side note though - Covington TN has a lot of bluegrass concerts on the weekends, I think at the town square.
*The simplest way to find Covington TN is to start from dead smack in the middle of tennessee - head straight for the mississippi river, and when you get there look over your shoulder...

This isn't going real smooth so far, but what I can hear is good stuff. It's really choppy from the dial up connection... Does he have the lyrics posted anywhere?

ROFL!!! I just noticed where under "SOUNDS LIKE" he said "Fish, but tastes like chicken" :-missingt
WE ALL NEED MORE OF THAT!

Greywolf 04-19-2009 02:21 PM

Alright - like the judge said: "I've heard enough"...

It took a while to load, and then it played through right. THAT SOUND is country, classical, and southwestern all rolled into one. But the message is straight, simple, and very poiniant... I can't think of anyone that wouldn't be bowled over by the hiway song!

He sounds like a Clint Black that isn't worried about sounding like just what he is. In other words it rings true - and there is a charm of it's very own in that all by itself. He hasn't stylised his voice to the point where it no longer sounds fresh and true....

It doesn't come across as a "LAS VEGAS" stage vocal. In point - it reminds me of Kris Kristofferson at his best.
Sort of like a Clint Black/John Denver hybrid. I mean that in the very best way, he sounds young and for real!

But the story in it....
That was well done! Not too much information, and worlds spoken behind it

When you speak a truth that everyone knows, but was never said in quite that "Plain Truth" way - you've spoken for a whole lot of people. And THAT MAN seems to have a gift for just that very thing.

I WANT THAT CD!!!!

For an album jacket set of pictures I strongly suggest New Mexico on the inside, but that Tennessee track calls for interstate forty running a long way between forrests....
Truckstop and highway pictures.

But I haven't listened to all of it.

Greywolf 04-19-2009 03:39 PM

You go ahead and send that on just like it is.

I second thought it a few times...

Which is never good. BUT YEAH.............

He's like that!

First impressions are the best.

HE'S THE REAL DEAL

Tell him that I said point blank DON'T STOP NOW!!!!

He has a gift - such should never be wasted

thumper869 04-19-2009 04:29 PM

yeah i would definitely say that would be considered red dirt country. if you like that here's a few more for ya. brandon rhyder, bart crow band, stoney larue, slaid cleaves, charlie robison, robert earl keen, pat green (the old stuff NOT wave on wave), randy rogers band, jason boland, aaron watson, cross canadian ragweed, reckless kelly. i can't think of anymore right now but if your interested in more pm me and i'll go through my music library for more stuff like that

Greywolf 04-22-2009 07:19 PM

This sounds like a music venue I was previously not aware of and need to explore badly...

lariat97 05-30-2009 08:34 PM

Well Hiway Home is finished & on sale now. I got a copy Friday. Its great. The sound quality is outstanding. Davids Den in Nashville recorded it. It must be a fine studio. I'm impressed with my old buddys singing. Music has been his life. I hope he does well with his songs.

Fifty4F100 05-31-2009 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by lariat97 (Post 7558617)
Well Hiway Home is finished & on sale now. I got a copy Friday. Its great. The sound quality is outstanding. Davids Den in Nashville recorded it. It must be a fine studio. I'm impressed with my old buddys singing. Music has been his life. I hope he does well with his songs.

Where could I buy one of these CDs?

lariat97 05-31-2009 12:54 PM

I posted a site in the first thread that should have a way to buy the cd.I got mine from Mike.He sent me signed copy & poster. Its red dirt music for sure. I like this style of music. I plan to buy some other red dirt artist. I have some Cross Canadian Ragweed cds.