Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   Sold my X but you need to hear the story. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/841180-sold-my-x-but-you-need-to-hear-the-story.html)

Ford554 04-12-2009 08:46 PM

Sold my X but you need to hear the story.

First off I wanted to cry watching it pull away...watched it go down the road until I couldn't see it anymore. Anyway, I had it on Craigslist for $14,900. for 3 days when I got a call from a guy VERY interested. He came to look at it/drive it the next day and when he was done with the "road test" he looked at me and said "I know what your asking price is but I want to give you $16,000. for the truck".:-headbang No *****, I can't make this stuff up, I'm serious. So yes it was a sad day but it was nice to see someone buy it that REALLY appreciated the work I did to it.
So now I'm looking at a 2001 Expedition tomorrow, wish me luck! Smaller truck that the wife could drive(reason for selling the X), still a Ford and I'll be putting a big chunk of cash back into the bank!

jake00 04-12-2009 08:53 PM

wow, thats awesome

spinella 04-12-2009 09:06 PM

glad to here it worked out for you. after we spoke i went back to talk to my wife again...the 6" lift was a deal killer for her. i never did drive by on saturday because of the heavy rains, and today we had 20 people over for easter. does the guy who bought live local?
-ed

Monsta 04-12-2009 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ford554 (Post 7378682)
he looked at me and said "I know what your asking price is but I want to give you $16,000. for the truck".

Why would he do that? Is he stupid?? :confused: Hope he didn't pay you with a check... :eek:

locknload223 04-13-2009 04:31 AM

Yeah really, I mean good for you but why would someone pay a grand more unless another buyer was right there or he wanted you to hold it for him? What was his reasoning?

1 04-13-2009 05:09 AM

How exactly did he pay you? If it was a check I'd be a lil suspicious, even "cashiers checks" are forged left and right now-a-days.

soutthpaw 04-13-2009 07:41 AM

Yep That sounds very suspicious. Hope you got his driver's license info at least along with plate of car he came to buy your vehicle in. If he didn't pay in cash I would have shown him the door in no time flat

VaSheriff 04-13-2009 07:57 AM

I can't help but see a bad ending to this story. I hope I am wrong.

A wealthy person who can throw an extra $1,100 in above your asking price is wealthy because..... they don't do things such as this.

cbradford 04-13-2009 08:37 AM

Sounds a bit odd to offer more than asking price but hay it's good for you. I always offer less than asking price.

Ford554 04-13-2009 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Monsta (Post 7379428)
Why would he do that? Is he stupid?? :confused: Hope he didn't pay you with a check... :eek:

His name was Ben Dover and he paid me with a check from Fleet bank:-X05

I know where you guys are coming from, I felt the same way & was very careful doing the deal. The money($16,000.) is in my account....certified bank check that cleared before I gave him the truck. I guess some people just have a few extra bucks floating around:confused:

Ford554 04-13-2009 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by spinella (Post 7378780)
glad to here it worked out for you. after we spoke i went back to talk to my wife again...the 6" lift was a deal killer for her. i never did drive by on saturday because of the heavy rains, and today we had 20 people over for easter. does the guy who bought live local?
-ed

No problem Ed. I didn't even call you back b/c I knew it really wasn't a truck that she would want to drive everyday with kids...it was BIG. Not something you want to be a grocery getter.

The guy was from Staten Island, he has a repo business so I guess times are good for him now:rolleyes:

DaveandJennyP 04-13-2009 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ford554 (Post 7380151)
His name was Ben Dover

Are you for real......come on.........you sure his name wasn't Seymour Butts?

myblkex 04-13-2009 09:44 AM

It's always sad to see one of your favorite cars or trucks drive away - I had the same feeling when I had to say goodbye to my Bronco and my Mustang :(

Wishing you the best with finding a new truck ...

It's great to hear about someone getting back the $$ they put into a truck -- Just wondering though - Did you happen to call the bank the check was drawn from to verify it wasn't altered ? I love craigslist - I just can't stand the amount of scammers lately though that have swarmed into that place. As soon as I place an ad - not even an hour later - I get some email from some guy offering me more than I listed something for. All I need to do is have him send me a money order.....

I can't wait to see what you do with the new truck :) and hope your wife gives it the green light...

Best of luck with the new truck search !

hoosierbaby64 04-13-2009 12:00 PM

I would say quit pulling my legs cause they are long enough already but I will give you the benefit.
Call him and tell him I will gladly sell mine to and I will only want him to go 500 over. Hell for a thousand over I would give him a kiss he would never forget.

Seriously why do women seem to think the ex is too big? I can slam my bad boy into any parking place, squeeze into traffic etc It has been and is my grocery getter, hay hauler, kid carrier, baby deliverer, horse puller, present hiding, vet run you name it vehicle. If climbing in is a pain just add a step. n/p

DaveandJennyP 04-13-2009 01:44 PM

Ben Dover = bend over. Call me stupid, but this ain't for real......