Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   Memphis area Diesel shops (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/834848-memphis-area-diesel-shops.html)

hgoody77 03-24-2009 11:31 PM

Memphis area Diesel shops & members

Hi, were do you all take your diesel trucks to, if it's not something you want to repair yourself?

I Just bought a 99 crew cab 4x4. and have already spent 1300$ in repairs at a repair shop. getting the turbo reworked, pedistal needed changing. up-pipes leaking. one injector replaced. some other stuff relating to the turbo or injection.
I'm wanting to get this truck whipped into shape so it will be a good running long lasting truck. ha ha the shop has had it longer than me.

anyways just curious who you take your truck to?

lariat97 03-25-2009 08:08 AM

Mines still under warranty for engine repairs so I take it to the dealer. I'll try Diesel Performance after it runs out. I'd like to be able to take mine to Beans Diesel near Chatt for some good mods.

hgoody77 03-25-2009 08:24 PM

Chatt. thats a good haul to go get some work done.

mine right now is at Diesel care and performance. trying to be patient with the deal. but dang, it seems one thing after another. also saying the HPOP is leaking and needs to be replace. thats another 400 to add to the 1300 already spent. ahh. im sick of putting money into it. i just got it, heck, had to drive to the repair shop and put the tags on it while it was up there. ha ha i guess it's all my fault though for not doing a lot of homework before buying a diesel. but i mean, also homework and Experience is different.

lariat97 03-27-2009 06:55 AM

I'd only take my truck that far to get some big mods made to the motor.

alabamabuddog 03-29-2009 02:00 PM

I hade them check my truck out late last summer they told me it would be 79 bucks and they wound up not charging me at all. They seemed to be pretty good guys. I havent let them work on it yet thou.

Fifty4F100 07-19-2009 06:33 AM

Update:

I took my '02 F350 to Christian Bros. They have a diesel mechanic at the Houston Levee/Hwy 64 shop. He has worked at Diesel Care and Performance in the past. They were recommended by DC&P when I took my truck in to them only to find out they wouldn't be able to get to it for over a week (I left my number with them just in case - they have never called me). Back to Christian Bros. - they got to me that day. What I had was a leaking high pressure hose running from the HPOP to one of the heads. The hose and labor, an oil change (their recommendation - they used dyno Rotella - I usually use synthetic), a fuel filter change (my request) ran $944!

I know that diesel work costs more, so I don't know if that is out of line or not. I've since been told that the powerstrokes run over 2500# PSI so the hose is $$$$$y. But after a week in the Smoky's and back, to and from work for 2 more weeks, I have seen no leaks. And $944 is less than 2 months note on a new F350!

Just an FYI.

lariat97 07-19-2009 03:13 PM

I need to check Diesel performances price on installing ARP headstuds in my truck. I'm afraid to add a good power tune without the studs & a good exhaust. I plan a 4 inch turbo back straight piped unless it drones too much on the highway. I never had a truck that was too loud though I've run long tube headers on some of my trucks.