Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   "07" Crown Vic Conversion in a 1959 s/b (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/831563-07-crown-vic-conversion-in-a-1959-s-b.html)

juang316 12-05-2010 07:18 PM

So is the verdict that this unit will not work for a 53 - 55 f100 or will work with special rims. Im extremely interested in going this route mainly becuase of how clean and simple the install is. If not does it just need to be shortened from the center to shrink the size of the track or overall the over all width?

Sorry for all the question im currently deployed in Iraq and trying to order these pieces for my truck that my father is fabing for me. Also does anyone know a shop in the bay area that does MII installs?

Old F1 12-05-2010 10:53 PM

This is the seconded part of an install on a 1960,.................. same (?) track but wider fenders. What are your impressions?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ap-update.html

juang316 12-05-2010 11:04 PM

Well honestly I dont know my truck that I bought is sitting at my fathers house and im sitting in Iraq. Now if it is just a matter of offset wheels im in I was going to put aftermarkets in anyways. If it just wont fit than well off course we know that answer. I have no problem running out and measuring wheels track the truck inner fenders but my geographical location kinda hinders that.

juang316 12-05-2010 11:13 PM

Well honestly I dont know my truck that I bought is sitting at my fathers house and im sitting in Iraq. Now if it is just a matter of offset wheels im in I was going to put aftermarkets in anyways. If it just wont fit than well off course we know that answer. I have no problem running out and measuring wheels track the truck inner fenders but my geographical location kinda hinders that.

sirhisss 03-15-2011 07:03 PM

I have been looking at this for some time now. Do you guys think that maybe a Mustang II spindle would mount between the A arms of a CV IFS? If so this would bring the wheel mount inward. I think the Mustang spindle does not stick out from the A arms as much as the CV spindle/knuckle assembly.

fatfenders56 03-15-2011 07:23 PM

Sirhisss, measure the height of the spindle at the ball joint mounts if that's close go to the NAPA store and compare the ball joints themselves. Be careful that moving the rotor inward does not let the rotor hit either of the A-arms. Lotsa luck, keep us posted

Romak 03-15-2011 09:18 PM

i never really thought about trying to swap out the spindle but if you can find one with the correct height and the steering knuckle is in the right spot it seems really doable. the ball joint size wouldnt matter as much. if it was smaller it could be machined or reamed to the right taper.

i also have been doing a lil more wheel research and i want to keep the bullets. i found out that the 05 and up wheels are about another 5/8 or so more offset than the 04 and earlier wheels.

but as far as this IFS working on a 53-55 i really have no idea. ive never got the chance to measure out a fatfender and see.

MeerbottF100 03-15-2011 11:00 PM

Romak,
Did you find out the offset of the bullets you have right now?

Romak 03-16-2011 11:43 AM

Not sure on the offset numbers but I know the backspacing on my wheels (01-04 mustang) is 5.72 on an 8 inch wide wheel. The backspace on a 05+ mustang is 6.295 on an 8 inch wide wheel so it'll leave a little more for clearance.

fatfenders56 03-16-2011 12:48 PM

I am using a Lincoln Continental rear steer clip which I narrowed 3 inches,I also took 1 inch out of the a-arms. The stance is bitchin and with a 225-70 15 it steers lock to lock with no interference. I think the clip we were talking about to start with is a front steer. The up side of that is that the Mustang spindle is also a front steer. I have always thought that the front steer box would interfere with the front sheet metal. Maybe somebody who really knows can help with that.

Gregory Armstrong 11-09-2018 06:59 AM

Brad,

Sent you a friend request. I'm doing a similar project.

I have a new project 1958 Ford F100 CVPI swap.

I have 3 donor vehicles.
1958 Ford F100 poor condition (Blue) grandparents truck
1958 Ford F100 poor condition (Black) Wrap-Around Rear Window, uncle's truck
2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.

My hope is to bounce ideas and use the site as a sounding board on this project.

My goal is to have a "Farm Fresh" patena look as possible with any new showing to be a patched appearance.

I'm local to the Kansas City, MO area.

Any help, ideas, or comments are appreciated.

/r

Gregory

Gregory Armstrong 11-09-2018 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jokerman (Post 7264253)
Hi,New to this site,just wondering if anybody has done this conv. with a 4.6? Have a 1959 short box would like to put front susp.& motor in it...Thanks for any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I have a new project 1958 Ford F100 CVPI swap.

I have 3 donor vehicles.
1958 Ford F100 poor condition (Blue) grandparents truck
1958 Ford F100 poor condition (Black) Wrap-Around Rear Window, uncle's truck
2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.

My hope is to bounce ideas and use the site as a sounding board on this project.

My goal is to have a "Farm Fresh" patena look as possible with any new showing to be a patched appearance.

I'm local to the Kansas City, MO area.

Any help, ideas, or comments are appreciated.

/r

Gregory

jose7874 10-13-2020 11:28 PM

1958 f100 223 inline 6 crown vic swap 2003

So I have started the swap but having trouble deciding what wheels to get for it. The front end is the 03 crown Victoria bolt pattern and the rear is the original one that it had back in 1958. I dont mind having different bolt patterns. What would be the best set up. Any help

EBEAR 10-14-2020 08:16 AM

Although I'm not familiar with 58 ( you should put this in the proper section ) this is one of the biggest issues with the non narrowed crown vic fronts . You are extremely limited with rim choices and adding a standard type rear offset really complicates things . My c4 suspension left me with the opposite problem needing a standard 0 offset for the front but needing a vette offset for the very wide rear . I wanted an old school mag type wheel and found American racing torque thrusts were one of the very few without getting custom made wheels .

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...2c16d6bf10.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...6a99e7b110.jpg