Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum74/)
-   -   Mobile version of the site (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/831006-mobile-version-of-the-site.html)

BigF350 03-13-2009 02:51 PM

Mobile version of the site

If you have a mobile browser, we have setup a more friendly version of the site specifically for it (doesn't load images).
Let us know if you have any feedback on it :)

fordboy_52 03-13-2009 05:45 PM

Will check it out now!

Festus Hagen 03-13-2009 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by IB Adrian (Post 7257846)
If you have a mobile browser, we have setup a more friendly version of the site specifically for it (doesn't load images).

Adrian,

What's up with the FBSD Avatar, You connected with FBSD?

Just curious.

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

Monsta 03-13-2009 07:24 PM

I don't see difference on my iPhone when I'm using WiFi. Is it only when I'm using a cell network? Or is it because my Supporter status takes care of the ads?

BigF350 03-13-2009 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Festus Hagen (Post 7258486)
Adrian,

What's up with the FBSD Avatar, You connected with FBSD?

Just curious.

-Enjoy

I am not. I like FBSD though :)

Originally Posted by Monsta (Post 7258801)
I don't see difference on my iPhone when I'm using WiFi. Is it only when I'm using a cell network? Or is it because my Supporter status takes care of the ads?

Based on experience it is disabled for an iPhone.
Because the iPhone has a full browser and a large(r) screen, I think it personally looks better viewing the full version of the site.

sddesigns 03-13-2009 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by IB Adrian (Post 7257846)

Is it a different address with a "M" in it?

BigF350 03-13-2009 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by sddesigns (Post 7258889)
Is it a different address with a "M" in it?

No - it is the same url, its just smart enough to detect what you are browsing the site from, and iPhone excepted it should automatically select the mobile version.

sddesigns 03-13-2009 08:28 PM

Looks the same as it did before. But I too am a supporter, so maybe the ads aren't showing like Monsta said.

On the screen when the site opens I see the top banner and a large Tire Rack Ad, scroll down to the picture of the 2009 Ford F-150 with a slight scroll to the right. As you scroll down to the copyright Internet Brands then the links directly below the top banner shows up in a single row from the Home link to the Advertise link.

I'm using Cingular with the Tilt and 3G phone with Mobile IE, the view sttings are one column, with show pictures, and zoom level default.

If thats any help to you....:-huh

Festus Hagen 03-13-2009 09:11 PM

I have been using FBSD for a long long time, Clear back to the 386BSD Patch days before FBSD. 19 almost 20 years now!

NO M$ Here! FBSD All the way!

hijack over!

-Enjoy

eightrac 04-07-2009 10:11 AM

I cannot get this to work on a blackberry smartphone, palm treo or a HTC smartphone. Is there a problem?

sddesigns 04-11-2009 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by eightrac (Post 7357519)
I cannot get this to work on a blackberry smartphone, palm treo or a HTC smartphone. Is there a problem?

It works on my ATT Tilt, which is a HTC TyTN (Kiser) Windows Mobile 6.1 with IE mobile.

badlar 04-11-2009 11:26 AM

If you have a vga screen phone, it will usually try to show the original page rather than the optimized page. To change this, if you are using Opera, go to Settings/Display and put a check in the box beside Mobile View. I don't use IE Mobile, so I'm not sure on that one, however, it looks like in Menu/View there are a few options to change the way that it is displayed.

eightrac 04-16-2009 10:48 AM

Still doesn't work on all three phones. I started a "ticket" last week and the response I got was that there is no mobile version of the site.

03scf250 05-13-2009 09:11 PM

I'm viewing this from my LG Dare on verizon wireless and have no issues with using the site from it. I can access all the same features as when I am on my home computer.

ford4life69 05-14-2009 04:58 PM

i tried from my lg banter and it looked the same as it did on my scoop long before the "mobile" version of the site was supposedly available. *shrug* i sure would like a mobile version with less mess on it because i keep getting the insufficient memory for this operation message when i'm tryin to reply to a post which makes it virtually useless to try to access the site if you can't post. phone's brand new, nothing extra downloaded, actually i dumped some of the factory crap i didn't like so it shouldn't have a problem. *shrug*