Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   meets (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/829397-meets.html)

rob188 03-08-2009 06:22 PM

meets

anyone in the vancouver area ever meet up?

Fordfanatic4life 03-08-2009 06:45 PM

im fairly new to the site, but if somehow a local (lowermainland) meet ever got off the ground i'd def. try to make it..

the planned April one is a "maybe" for me at this point.. i wanan go but as time gets closer ill know if i can make the time..

rob188 03-08-2009 06:51 PM

same here but thats a long haul for a truck with these gas prices, but i never hear of a local meet, i go to the mustang ones all the time but thats all there is

Arctic Wolf 03-10-2009 04:03 AM

Well... Im all for the April one. Ive got it planed out that Im going to be there.. But..... As for a Lower mainland one.??? That might be a very good idea. How far in the future would you want to plan that for?? Theres 3 weeks left in March.. Which would kinda make it too close to call. If we planed it for the long weekend in May. ( 16,17,18th ) one of those days. Would that be too far off?? If we took that long to plan it we maybe able to come up with other things to do with it. ie go on a trail run, have a BBQ, or something. Id be into that as well. And that much time would let us find a good place to hold it..

rob188 03-10-2009 09:32 AM

yeah sounds like a great idea, shoot for the may long weekend and see where it ends up

Arctic Wolf 03-11-2009 02:11 AM

Ok then. Lets spreading the news that theres another gathering in May

Zip 03-11-2009 03:58 AM

What day is the holiday on?

Arctic Wolf 03-11-2009 09:58 PM

Wife says that its on a Monday Zip.

Zip 03-11-2009 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Arctic Wolf (Post 7242978)
Well... Im all for the April one. Ive got it planed out that Im going to be there.. But..... As for a Lower mainland one.??? That might be a very good idea. How far in the future would you want to plan that for?? Theres 3 weeks left in March.. Which would kinda make it too close to call. If we planed it for the long weekend in May. ( 16,17,18th ) one of those days. Would that be too far off?? If we took that long to plan it we maybe able to come up with other things to do with it. ie go on a trail run, have a BBQ, or something. Id be into that as well. And that much time would let us find a good place to hold it..

If we don't end up with anyone other than myself and you coastal guys then we can always do the April one down there. Just a thought.

Kazdog 03-11-2009 10:23 PM

I"ll come to one in the lower mainland, i'm in alaska the first week of may so anytime before that or after that works, we can all meet up and have a truck wash, I''ll bring the soap :P (j/k) :D

Zip 03-11-2009 10:27 PM

You can start with mine. That's not a joke. Actually I think it may be. I really don't like people touching my truck.:-huh

Kazdog 03-11-2009 10:37 PM

hahaha how about drive through car wash at the easy wash .. its completely touchless .. tho tends to miss the underside of the truck

Zip 03-11-2009 10:41 PM

Naw never been through one of those. My wife says I'm kind of weird when it comes to my truck. I just don't see it though. Lawn sprinkler works well for the underside.

rob188 03-11-2009 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kazdog (Post 7251523)
hahaha how about drive through car wash at the easy wash .. its completely touchless .. tho tends to miss the underside of the truck

those things are dangerous for full size pick ups

Arctic Wolf 03-12-2009 03:09 AM

Well there Zip. Is it still too early to tell who would be coming to Merritt? You had a list of maybes were are they mostly located? The reason I had thought that Merritt might be good is because it was kind of central to you and the Kamloops guys. Sedley even said somewheres along the line that he might drive as far as Merritt. So... Really its in your court where you want to have it. I wouldn't be offended if it wasn't in Merritt. It was just an idea to get the ball rolling on this. Ultimately you have the say of where it is going to be held being the Chapter Leader here. All I know is where ever it takes place.
Ill be there..