Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oregon Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum190/)
-   -   Oregon Chapter Roll Call (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/829292-oregon-chapter-roll-call.html)

fabmandelux 03-08-2009 11:20 AM

Oregon Chapter Roll Call

We presently have 66 members, most of whom DON'T post! I'm getting ready to "purge" the roster of people that haven't posted in over a year. If you would like to remain a chapter member post up here! I will leave this thread open for one month, then reduce the Chapter Rolls to those that still want to be here!!

Old93junk 03-08-2009 01:35 PM

Count me in, Don!.................Lets take inventory!

dchamberlain 03-09-2009 10:22 AM

I'm here. I think.

fabmandelux 03-09-2009 10:27 AM

Well..........That's 3 of us!:-missingt

Tell me Dave, how do we get more members to post in the Chapter? I see members posting all over FTE, but not here. Is it ME???:eek:

Old93junk 03-09-2009 11:31 AM

FTE is pretty vast, I am sure, with all it has to offer, its easy to overlook "home". I think our members need to remember the chapter as the place they can BS about any subject they care to, within reason....Also there are some pretty smart people right HERE!, a lot of tech questions can be addressed right here about Ford, non Ford, marine ,tools, etc. Also a great place to get informed by other Oregonians on local hunting/fishing opportunity's, it could be a great resource about alot of things going on in Oregon for our members!...All of these things have been offered here, but folks seem to wander off and forget about the chapter.......Maybe with the roll call and some PMs to members, we can get folks to pay attention to the chapter!.....And no, its not just you Don, Its frustrating to see chapter members allover the boards but not here!....The Oregon chapter is highly neglected resource, time for folks to take advantage of it.

bertha66 03-09-2009 11:53 AM

I'm here, I think I'm all here, I thought I was all here, am I?:confused:

dchamberlain 03-09-2009 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux (Post 7238911)
Well..........That's 3 of us!:-missingt

Tell me Dave, how do we get more members to post in the Chapter? I see members posting all over FTE, but not here. Is it ME???:eek:

I wish I had a good answer to that Don. I've moderated a few message boards and chat rooms in my time, and I've never really been good at figuring out how to drum up business.

One thing we can and should encourage, is for all of us posting here now to put a link to the Oregon chapter in our signatures. At least that'll get it some more visibility in the rest of FTE.

dchamberlain 03-09-2009 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by dchamberlain (Post 7239342)
One thing we can and should encourage, is for all of us posting here now to put a link to the Oregon chapter in our signatures. At least that'll get it some more visibility in the rest of FTE.

For example, to get the signature like that I have below (which I shamelessly stole from Don), paste the following into your signature.

[color=red][size=3]Oregon Chapter Member:[/size][/color] [color=green]To join the Oregon Chapter, click[/color] [b][url=https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/profile.php?do=joingroup&usergroupid=84]HERE[/url][/b]

Old93junk 03-09-2009 12:49 PM

I shamelessly had my "puter expert" steal it from you ,David..........Thanks!

Bubba828 03-09-2009 08:47 PM

Im new, but im here

fabmandelux 03-09-2009 08:53 PM

Good to have ya here! Are you a wetsider, or a drysider? What kind of Ford ya got? Tell us a little about yourself!:-jammin

Bubba828 03-09-2009 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux (Post 7241834)
Good to have ya here! Are you a wetsider, or a drysider? What kind of Ford ya got? Tell us a little about yourself!:-jammin

Hmmmm wetsider or drysider huh?!?!?:confused: If your asking if i like the mud and rain, then yes im a wetsider, a true Oregonian! Im new to the ford seen, Iv always been a chevy person:eek:. I have a '68 chevy pu thats my baby. Before my ford i had a toyota pu that i loved. It went anywhere i wanted it to, but the engine went out and i decided to get something else. Now i have a 2001 F350 ext cab with the 7.3l engine, lifted 4", 35" toyos, 4" exhaust, cold air intake. And i love the thing. Iv been reading alot on WVO and am hoping to use the vast resources here at FTE to either get it done or talk me out of it.

1984 f-250 03-10-2009 12:33 AM

here for roll call thread #2

bertha66 03-10-2009 10:57 AM

[quote=Bubba828;7241980]Hmmmm wetsider or drysider huh?!?!?:confused:quote]
Just wondering if you are from the "wetside" the valley or the "dryside" the eastern side of the mountians. Or were ya from.

Old93junk 03-10-2009 02:07 PM

Thats a whole 6 of us so far!, everybody posting up for head count after this, please give your locality as well.......................Thanks, Dave