Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Beating the dead horse - new truck advice (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/827597-beating-the-dead-horse-new-truck-advice.html)

sflem849 03-04-2009 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by eric777 (Post 7218790)
The warranty thing is really worring me though. I might just have to get another 7.3

The warrenty on the 6.0 is a hell of a lot better than the 7.3 warrenty.

Incase you didn't get the extreme sacasim, THERE IS NO WARRENTY ON THE 7.3!!! But I am sure your point is it is a more proven motor so you don't need one. :-drink
Let us not forget that the 7.3 can leave you "Found On Road Dead." Shall I start with the CPS? GPR? IPR? #30 Fuse? 4R100 Trans? Or go to the habitual problems? Drain valve o rings? Front end creaks? Power steering/Brake booster? Wimpy stock starter?
I am just enjoying the }> role now }>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>}>
I am with the go with your gut guys. I would never buy a manual, but I think the 7.3 is very high priced. Check out www.craigshelper.com there are A TON of deals out there now. I have seen some older 7.3's for FOUR DIGITS!!!

EDIT - I was hoping for, "You can get a good look at a bull by sticking your head up the butchers ass...NO...You can get a good look at a T-Bone by sticking your head up the bulls ass, but I'll take the butcher's word for it!"

spdmpo 03-04-2009 10:37 AM

I rarely buy something based on whether it has a good warranty. Instead I focus on whether I think I'll need the warranty. I'd rather have a product (or truck) that is good enough it most likely won't need one (yes I realize anything can happen). What I'm saying is most people are pretty sure the 6.0 is going to NEED a warranty; possibly more than once, which is the exact reason I would run away. If you're that worried about it, why would you want it? To quote Tommy Boy, "Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me." What you've bought is a guaranteed POS. }> Just a little humor, I mean nothing by it.
Ok, I've said my peace.

eric777 03-04-2009 02:05 PM

Yeah, you guys make some good points and I understand. The bad thing is, I still don't know what to do though. As for the price, the 7.3's are still kinda high around here. Jody was telling me he has a friend that was selling his 7.3 and 2 guys got in a bidding war and it went for $23K.

littledre1 03-04-2009 10:15 PM

It surely is a rough decision. I really love my truck but your post had me looking at 07 6.0s with super low miles today!!! I wouldn't think twice about owning an 07 with really low miles.

eric777 03-05-2009 06:52 PM

I have almost come to the realization that I can't really afford a new ford diesel w/ low miles. With that said, would you go with an 06 (should have the kink out by 06 maybe) with 110k miles and a pretty good Oasis or the 02 7.3 w/ 86k miles?
Thanks again