Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   GeorgiaCarry.org (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/824695-georgiacarry-org.html)

thunder31634 02-23-2009 07:20 AM

GeorgiaCarry.org

Do we have any members here?

tin-man 03-02-2009 05:52 PM

I for one, have you join yet? What is your name?

Half Breed 03-03-2009 06:30 PM

What is it?

tin-man 03-03-2009 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Half Breed (Post 7216350)
What is it?

Half Breed I think he is talking about a club pertaining to firearms, I was talking about our club(fte) :-X25

Half Breed 03-04-2009 01:27 AM

Firearms ! Yep got a couple or so works for me. It's the ammo that's a problem luckly I found some while on the way to new orleans this past week.

tin-man 03-04-2009 10:45 AM

What kind of ammo do you use?

Half Breed 03-04-2009 06:26 PM

Primarily 357magnum ( for my self and my wife ) silver tip hollow points. I target practice with 38 wad cutters since they're the cheapest about $14-$15 per 50. I also use Italian 6.5 which are now about $27 per 20. I also keep a supply of 3" magnum 00 buck on hand with a few #6 or #8 bird shot since they are somewhat plentiful.

tin-man 03-05-2009 05:54 PM

I had'nt had a problem getting any ammo I use, but a friend who sell's firearms said it was going to get rough before long.

Half Breed 03-05-2009 06:42 PM

It's already tough here in sw Ga. I went about 3 weeks ago to 5 differant stores and none of them had any type of 38 or 357 ammo. They did have other calibers but still not a lot of those. That's why when I ran up on some on my trip last week to New Orleans I bought it. The press and the White House say Odamit will not try to srcew with the second amendment which they probably won't The thing is the don't have to put it to a vote about how much they raise taxes on ammo. What will eventually happen is ammo will probably be classified as a sin tax and raised about 500-600 %. Then it the sitituation will go from bad to really worse. I hope everyone is starting to see that he is not what the media put out there during the election. Sorry didn't mean to get started on our great new SAVIOR but I have really pitiful opinion of our SAVIOR. Opps sorry. Later Tin-Man

jerg_064 05-04-2009 04:56 PM

I'm a member of GCO. I'm military and open carry without a permit so I think I may have a run-in with some ignorant LEOs at some point and need some help. Their a great organization and doing great things for not only the state, but the country. I'm also a member of GOA(Gun owners of America) which is like the NRA, but better. The NRA compromises with the gun-grabbers at times and sometimes even agrees with them. Like on HR 2640(as known as the Vetrans disarmament act).

tin-man 05-07-2009 12:57 AM

James I think they all try to see how deep in our pocket they can get.

jerg_064 05-07-2009 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by tin-man (Post 7474447)
James I think they all try to see how deep in our pocket they can get.

I think they fight for us in the courts and legislature so that we don't have to fight on the streets, yet. GCO and GOA are no-compromise and are the best thing we got going that fights for us in the courts and legislature. The NRA however, tend to compromise and they get more media attention. So yes the NRA does simply want to see how deep our pockets are.

GCO and GOA both give me timely updates on what bills are passing through the legislature so that I at least get the chance to write my congressmen before they put out a vote. A small subscription payment for this seems fair enough to me, Along with the fact that they will fight for you personally in the courts. Also if you become a life member of GOA you get a free pass to a Front Sight firearms training course;which is worth more than double the life member fees. I pay attention to whats going on and know where my money is going. I do what I feel helps the most so that a second civil war can be avoided(at least pushed farther into the future).

To each his own.

tin-man 05-07-2009 01:56 PM

I agree that we need all the help we can get in all area's of firearms and our right to keep them. I believe that we have to worry about our ammunition as much, if not more than our gun's. Congress is changing their tactics by calling for the registration of all our ammo.