Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Connecticut Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum227/)
-   -   First Meet Sign-up for Saturday Feb. 21 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/821564-first-meet-sign-up-for-saturday-feb-21-a.html)

Aerocell4x4 02-13-2009 08:37 PM

First Meet Sign-up for Saturday Feb. 21

Originally Posted by POWERSTROKER07 (Post 7135327)
anyone down for some indoor go-kart racing at willy d`s in wallingford??its a good time..plus they have a decent size parking lot so everyone can park and bs.how about next weekend feb.21 (saturday) ?let me kno..who wants to meet up.:-headbang

Originally Posted by gbroehl1 (Post 7135330)
I might be able to pull that off. How much does it cost for me to beat you at go-kart racing? :-duel1

Originally Posted by Zookie400 (Post 7135449)
im not sure about my schedule yet but hopefully i can make that!

Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck (Post 7135512)
This sounds real good to me. Is that the place on Rt 5 (On Track Carting). I HOPE I have my truck by then!!!!

Originally Posted by POWERSTROKER07 (Post 7137364)
yea yea will see about that..i havent been there in awhile so im not sure how much it is..my guess is around 25-30. its not cold in there just wear some pants and ur all good..lol. :-missingt

Originally Posted by 12engine (Post 7137571)
do i have too...lol. seriously though, sounds like fun. ill try to make it up there.

Originally Posted by Aerocell4x4 (Post 7138067)
I'm game for that :-bigparty

The thread is started :-fire

7.3 Rocket 02-13-2009 09:30 PM

I dunno if I can make it, but to answer Andy's question yes On-Track is in the back of a parking lot off Rt. 5. It would probably be a lot easier for non-Wlfd residents to find On-Track than Willy D's.

You guys are gonna be in my neck of the woods.

I'll see if I can make it, but the answer is likely no.

Nice Work Truck 02-14-2009 06:54 AM

I say lets do On Track Carting Sat. Feb 21. In the morning I think there would be less people and then maybe we could do breakfast as well?

gbroehl1 02-14-2009 08:06 AM

I found the website for On Track

OnTrack Karting - Connecticut's premier indoor karting facility and entertainment center

Greg

POWERSTROKER07 02-14-2009 09:02 AM

i thought it would be cool to go to willy ds bc they shut the light off and u drive threw the black lighting..i think that is bad ass.if on-kart is where everyone wants to go im fine with that too..no biggy.either way i wanna drift those things.breakfast sounds good.

12engine 02-14-2009 10:41 AM

i should be able to go. gotta ask my parental units though. should be ok. ill see if i can bring my buddy. ive been tryin to get him to join, so, maybe thisll persuade him more. I just gotta know which track were going to, and the directions from 91N. i imagine its exit 10 area. thats the exit I take to go to my uncle's house in Cheshire, and Wallingford's next door, so...hey, maybe we should have nametags with our screennames so we know who we are. lol

7.3 Rocket 02-14-2009 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by POWERSTROKER07 (Post 7139620)
i wanna drift those things

Methinks you'll be spending a lot of time facing the wrong way until you get the hang of it.

If you just tap the brakes while you're turning you spin in those things.

If you want to lay down a fast time you keep it floored the entire time except for the hairpin turn.

POWERSTROKER07 02-14-2009 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket (Post 7141157)
Methinks you'll be spending a lot of time facing the wrong way until you get the hang of it.

If you just tap the brakes while you're turning you spin in those things.

If you want to lay down a fast time you keep it floored the entire time except for the hairpin turn.

thats for sure..once u get the hang of it..its not that hard to keep it in control.

7.3 Rocket 02-14-2009 08:46 PM

BAHAHAHA! :-missingt:-missingt:-missingt

I was just cruising around the Honda Ridgeline forums because those morons are always good for a laugh. I went to their northeastern section and looked to see where I'd have to go to crash a meet.

They're planning a meet at On-Track Carting on the 21st of February!

2/21/09 - Meriden, CT Meet - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

Let's make sure everyone's rigs are at their shiniest. Possibly bring a chain or two. Might need to drag a couple Ridgelines around the lot. :-missingt:-missingt

rocdril 02-16-2009 05:13 AM

Im confused, (what else is new). Is the GTG at willy ds? or at on-track? Does anyone want to go early, and get breakfast somewhere close by?

Nice Work Truck 02-16-2009 06:47 AM

I have been to On Track and liked it. They have a nice viewing area where we could sit and chat as well as a place to get some food.
Ray I think breakfast first is a great idea. On Track opens at 11 AM. I have a friend that lives in that area and I will ask him for a good breakfast joint.

Aerocell4x4 02-16-2009 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by gbroehl1 (Post 7139472)

Thank you for the link.:-jammin

Can you come up with one for Willy D's :-tap

gbroehl1 02-16-2009 08:41 AM

Here ya go:

Willy D's Indoor Kart Racing -Wallingford, CT -

Greg

Aerocell4x4 02-16-2009 08:46 AM

Breakfast in Wallingford

Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck (Post 7139338)
... maybe we could do breakfast as well?

Originally Posted by POWERSTROKER07 (Post 7139620)
...breakfast sounds good.

Originally Posted by rocdril (Post 7146856)
...Does anyone want to go early, and get breakfast somewhere close by?

Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck (Post 7146942)
... I think breakfast first is a great idea. On Track opens at 11 AM. I have a friend that lives in that area and I will ask him for a good breakfast joint.

Andy, thanks for checking up on breakfast places :-jammin

I propose breakfast at Wallingford's IHOP.

Pete since you live in Wallingford, please recommend some other breakfast places in Wallingford so we can have some options, like Diners. :-tap

I'd rather not go for a breakfast at a fast food place like McD's and the likes.

Aerocell4x4 02-16-2009 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket (Post 7141915)
BAHAHAHA! :-missingt:-missingt:-missingt

I was just cruising around the Honda Ridgeline forums because those morons are always good for a laugh. I went to their northeastern section and looked to see where I'd have to go to crash a meet.

They're planning a meet at On-Track Carting on the 21st of February!

2/21/09 - Meriden, CT Meet - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

Let's make sure everyone's rigs are at their shiniest. Possibly bring a chain or two. Might need to drag a couple Ridgelines around the lot. :-missingt:-missingt

As for washing my van to impress those imports.
I think the more mud I have on the van then the more :eek: they'll be about squeezing between my fat van and their tiny car. :-missingt