Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   Jan truck work (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/818756-jan-truck-work.html)

mojoman 02-05-2009 07:32 PM

Jan truck work

I'll be in the shop the next few days swappin' out u joints front both sides and rears and carrier bearings...gotta get that vibe gone...what are you doin' to chase the shack nasties away????

mojo:-drink

Vinford 02-05-2009 07:37 PM

Its Feb. I already did my Jan. work........................

mojoman 02-05-2009 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vinford (Post 7104720)
Its Feb. I already did my Jan. work........................

yeah....well I'm behind on my maintenance.....hehehe

mojo livin' in the past....again...still....:confused:

Vinford 02-05-2009 08:05 PM

Heres what ive got................
02 needs a HPOP I think.
79 needs a box or a deck plus brakes.
94 Ive got all the injectors tore out and re doing the o-rings.
76 needs brake work and body work.
Wifes Explorer needs brakes and ball joints.
Excavator needs the track tightner fixed.

Zip 02-05-2009 10:31 PM

Well lets see. I changed my oil today. That was a $150.00 hit. Washed the truck and put in some fuel.

BCHauler 02-05-2009 11:17 PM

Changed oil yesterday. Today, installed MSD Blaster ignition coil, 8.5mm Aurora plug wires, new cap and rotor, changed out faulty oil pressure gauge, fixed broken rear slider and installed new latch, installed new KC driving lights, and removed about 30 feet of wiring from under the dash from the PO's remote starter and after market immobilyzer (sp?).

Taking the family up to Tunkwa Lake this weekend and wanted the truck to be ready.

Zip 02-05-2009 11:31 PM

Tunkwa is the one by Logan Lake is it not. We camped there a couple years ago.

mojoman 02-06-2009 01:51 PM

I have friends at Tunkwa...know the owners the caretaker...just tell Richard Dal sez hi....you'll be in....oh...he likes white rum...;))))

mojo

Flying_Dutchman 02-06-2009 04:52 PM

I helped put the lift kit on my truck starting on the 31st and finished on the 1st of feb. So I guess that qualifies for this thread.

on a side note, I used to go to Tunkwa when I was little.

wallz 02-07-2009 01:53 AM

changed the oil last week, today checked the torque on the plugs that I replaced last summer. (I think that qualifies as work)

Even fished tunkwa years back, so that puts me into that elite group.

Zip 02-07-2009 05:55 AM

Some big fish in there. Too bad all the trees in the area are dead.

Vinford 02-07-2009 10:19 PM

So Ive been changing the o-rings on my injectors on the 94.
Things went pretty well other than when it came time to get the oil out of the cylinders.
Someone told me to sit the valve covers back on and crank the engine.
Well I cranked the engine before I remembered the valve covers.
Well at least out found out I have oil pressure , theres oil EVERYWHERE in my shop.
Not much under the truck hood but lots on the walls and ceiling.
Learn something new everday......................

Zip 02-08-2009 06:03 AM

Sorry Ken, but I had to laugh.

mojoman 02-08-2009 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Vinford (Post 7113689)
So Ive been changing the o-rings on my injectors on the 94.
Things went pretty well other than when it came time to get the oil out of the cylinders.
Someone told me to sit the valve covers back on and crank the engine.
Well I cranked the engine before I remembered the valve covers.
Well at least out found out I have oil pressure , theres oil EVERYWHERE in my shop.
Not much under the truck hood but lots on the walls and ceiling.
Learn something new everday......................

I did mine during an oil change...I just left the truck to drain overnight...was very little left in the cyl the next day...oh....got the wheels off Beastor...but took a toll on my back...gonna try ta weasel a buddy to help me today...I'm walkin' funny today....grrrr

mojo

BCHauler 02-09-2009 07:33 PM

Just got back last night from Tunkwa. Got pretty decent mileage for the old 5.8 (about 15mpg) and she got a good workout over the Coq. Got to try out the big Bronco fuel tank I put in last summer. Filled up in Chilliwack and ran all the way up and then all the way back to Port Moody and am still running on that tank. Total distance was 625km. Nice to be able to just fill up once. Didn't even have to use the front tank. Of course, I'll bet dragging 50 gallons of fuel over the mountains wasn't helping the effiency.