Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   07 Expy Second Row Seat Issue...help please (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/817195-07-expy-second-row-seat-issue-help-please.html)

doubledown11 02-01-2009 06:44 AM

07 Expy Second Row Seat Issue...help please

I just bought an 07 EB Expy 4x4 and love it. It seems to have a couple of issues I'm trying to work out. On the second row drivers side after you fold the seat back down I try to pull the lever on the back of the seat to make it flatten out to the floor (I guess this is the cargo position). The lever does not seem to be engaging the mechanism and will not work the seat. Any idea what this could be or how to fix it? Thanks.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

Bopper 02-01-2009 08:22 AM

After you confirm that is not just user error, and before you start pulling it all apart. The 3 year warranty does transfer to you as the new owner of the car. If you feel that it not working properly, think about warranty service. I realize it is fun to mess around with the car and fix it yourself, but this may be covered and fixed for free. Good luck.

chuck s 02-01-2009 09:06 AM

Ya have to pull the lever about 90° to unlock it to fold flush.

-- Chuck

doubledown11 02-01-2009 12:32 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I bought the Expy yesterday, it is an 07 but has 55k miles so warranty is out. Also tried really pulling the lever but it won't budge, the other side pulls and pops no problem. Thinking it may be a stretched cable or a retainer. Guess it will be a pay to play situation with my local dealer. Other than that and a couple other small issues this thing is great.

berry1234 02-02-2009 01:17 PM

The cargo lever as well as the center 2nd row seat lever that fold it down are not great. First, while pulling up on the cargo lever, rock the seat up and down. Lift the lever repeatedly while doing this. If that doesn't work, peal the seat back up a bit and look under to see where the cable attaches. It may need some grease, etc. I did this to my center seat lever and it works fine now.

doubledown11 02-02-2009 01:30 PM

I took it in to the dealer today and they quoted me $347!!!! They said the cable broke as well as a clip parts were @ $150 and labor @$200!!! I think I'll go by an upholstery shop and see if the story changes at all.

berry1234 02-02-2009 02:29 PM

The cable is similar to a bicycle brake cable. When I looked under neath I was supprised at thin the cable is.

doubledown11 02-04-2009 06:58 AM

Berry, I see the cable as well now. It does look like a bike shop could replace it with materials on hand. I have purchased the service manuals and what I was told by two parts people was a complete assymbly (wow, some of these parts aren't documented that well when you go looking for them) that came with a handle, cable, and connector for a grand total of $98. When it gets here we'll see how my upholstry skills are.

doubledown11 02-17-2009 03:55 PM

Well the part came in. It was listed and shown in the illustration as just a cargo handle, but y2k ford helped me figure out it was the cable and all. Looks like it should be sufficient to do the job. Just in case anyone else ever has this issue, the part number is 7L1Z7862419AB.