Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford Inline Six, 200, 250, 4.9L / 300 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum52/)
-   -   Tired of the 300 bashing (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/811735-tired-of-the-300-bashing.html)

6CylBill 02-02-2009 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by 1982bluef150 (Post 7091208)
id love to see a geo metro fry the tires off through 2nd gear once i was just driving around cuz i was bored and i hopped off the highway and was sitting in line at a light and locked the brakes up and just left my clutch out didnt tach and du,p it or anything just acted like i usually do when i pull out... i almost flipped because i thought the clutch was slipping.... then i saw the smoke so it was fine

and on the van... the guy did admit to it dropping to 30mpg when it wasnt completely empty and did you ever stop to think that maybe they did all these tests on a dyno so then wind resistance wouldnt be a factor?

and this isnt a miracle effing plug in toy.... i never said that all i ever said was this thing was HEAVILY MODIFIED

and ill never tell you what kind of car i have ill tell you if youre right when you guess tho and im not completley positive id stand next to a 5.0... nobody ever wants to play no more... well they did but that was only when my car was slow cuz i de tuned it on purpose to break my clutch in...but i did find a 4.6 stang and we played around a little and when it was all over dude gave me a big thumbs up so thats sayin something specailly considering my car is slower than stock because im not even running the correct computer and the more i think about it the more i think that cars a freakin rocket ship considering i slapped a motor from an 85 in there

You're a trip. It's guys like you that I hate to work with. You're a real

5.0Torx 02-03-2009 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by 1982bluef150 (Post 7091471)
oh yea and a turbocharger does wonders for fuel economy and power

O RLY? elaborate, please. Im sure no one here has ever even heard of a turbocharger before.

also its not dudes fault his mustang is gay...

Youre an ass

i just dont like how 90s cars got all smooted and blended...

nobody cares

now weve had this vert mustang in where i work for like 6 months now and that thing has made me almost go shopping for one.... its in the fox body era

nobody cares

ok y'all, im sorry. I admit to being an immature 16 year old who just wants to be accepted in the car community so i talk big **** and dont back it up because i dont actually know what im talking about. I also never punctuate any of my sentances, structure any of my thoughts coherantly, or give a crap when someone calls me out.

The nooby is learning!

6CylBill 02-03-2009 06:30 AM

No, the noob is not learning. No 16 year old I know is that stupid.

MisterCMK 02-03-2009 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by 1982bluef150 (Post 7091208)
id love to see a geo metro fry the tires off through 2nd gear once i was just driving around cuz i was bored and i hopped off the highway and was sitting in line at a light and locked the brakes up and just left my clutch out didnt tach and du,p it or anything just acted like i usually do when i pull out... i almost flipped because i thought the clutch was slipping.... then i saw the smoke so it was fine

and on the van... the guy did admit to it dropping to 30mpg when it wasnt completely empty and did you ever stop to think that maybe they did all these tests on a dyno so then wind resistance wouldnt be a factor?

and this isnt a miracle effing plug in toy.... i never said that all i ever said was this thing was HEAVILY MODIFIED

and ill never tell you what kind of car i have ill tell you if youre right when you guess tho and im not completley positive id stand next to a 5.0... nobody ever wants to play no more... well they did but that was only when my car was slow cuz i de tuned it on purpose to break my clutch in...but i did find a 4.6 stang and we played around a little and when it was all over dude gave me a big thumbs up so thats sayin something specailly considering my car is slower than stock because im not even running the correct computer and the more i think about it the more i think that cars a freakin rocket ship considering i slapped a motor from an 85 in there

lulz, are you actually telling a story about how you thought you were smoking a clutch but instead you smoked the tires?

If you are doing fuel mileage tests on a dyno then all of your results are a moot point. A dyno does not load the engine like a real world highway would nor would it provide wind resistance or temperature variations. What a joke.

MisterCMK 02-03-2009 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by 1982bluef150 (Post 7091445)
i dont care... been there done that you cant tell me what i saw just like i cant make you beleive me...

and i did quit already the dillhole up there with the gay mustang wouldnt let me

Nice, name calling shows how mature you really are...

Freaksh0w 02-03-2009 03:54 PM

My old account, with which I had been here for around a year with, got banned because I called a guy an idiot who said he's going back to Chevrolet because his Ford was a POS.

And THIS faggot is still on here. WTF!?!? Kid, go find another site to troll on. You don't get the mileage you claim, your friend doesn't get 50 mpg in a god damn Dodge van with a 318, and you don't know wtf you are talking about. Your 16, it's obvious you don't have experience under the hoods of vehicles.

1982bluef150 02-03-2009 07:52 PM

thanks for tleling me how old i am and proving to me that all you people just so happen to be dumb as a ****ing rock... im just surprised you all gravitated towards one place like this :confused:

optikal illushun 02-03-2009 07:53 PM

say good bye lil boy!

FARM69 02-04-2009 02:26 AM

I suppose this is a proper place to post this because I can't think of any v8 (off the top of my head) that can last like the 300 can.

My daily driver is a 90' 300 with over 215k on the ticker. Hasn't had any major work to her and doesn't burn a lick of oil. The rear seal leaks a little but nothing that I wouldn't call normal for her with that many miles. She's starting to show her age now days, but heck she's been a good truck.

Sadly, these 300's definitely do not get the reps they should....

6CylBill 02-04-2009 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by FARM69 (Post 7096728)
I suppose this is a proper place to post this because I can't think of any v8 (off the top of my head) that can last like the 300 can.

My daily driver is a 90' 300 with over 215k on the ticker. Hasn't had any major work to her and doesn't burn a lick of oil. The rear seal leaks a little but nothing that I wouldn't call normal for her with that many miles. She's starting to show her age now days, but heck she's been a good truck.

Sadly, these 300's definitely do not get the reps they should....

People put too much credit in the 300's lifespan. It doesn't live that mucch longer than any other V8. I've heard of 200K+ 302's, 300k+ 318's, 200K+ 305s.. A lot of it depends on how the motor was used, and maintainted. What does make the 300 special in this case is how stubborn it is. After 200K+ miles, your 300 is still going to work very hard for you. Really if you think about it, the 300 should live longer than it does, having an inline configuration and two less cylnders, plus it doesn't rev high at all. If you reach 4,000 rpm you're pushing it too hard.

Tis a good motor.

Freaksh0w 02-04-2009 07:42 AM

The 351w, 302, and 300 are all great Ford engines. They will all be tough and last a long time. If my 302 wasn't tough, I'd have blown it up over a year ago. Don't think that you can't look through here and find a 300 with a blown head gasket or a thrown rod. It happens to them just like every other engine. 215k isn't a lot of miles for any well treated 300, 302, or 351w, IMO.

Econoline 150 02-04-2009 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 6CylBill (Post 7092202)
No, the noob is not learning. No 16 year old I know is that stupid.

I'm beginning to think he's too dumb to be stupid. :-missingt

Econoline 150 02-04-2009 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by 6CylBill (Post 7096871)
People put too much credit in the 300's lifespan. It doesn't live that mucch longer than any other V8. I've heard of 200K+ 302's, 300k+ 318's, 200K+ 305s.. A lot of it depends on how the motor was used, and maintainted. What does make the 300 special in this case is how stubborn it is. After 200K+ miles, your 300 is still going to work very hard for you. Really if you think about it, the 300 should live longer than it does, having an inline configuration and two less cylnders, plus it doesn't rev high at all. If you reach 4,000 rpm you're pushing it too hard.

Tis a good motor.

I think a 240 has potential to wind up, the stroke is only 3/16ths more then a 302 and it has the sam bore size with long connecting rods.
The 300 was designed to be a low end lugger with low end torque in mind.
But, 4000 rpms isnt really hard on it, its a gas engine. CAT 3208s will go 3000 rpms and thats a diesel. Some engines internal parts are capabile of more rpms, but if you cut off the breathing to them well before they were to blow up its like a built in safety and longevity factor.
But in the end, yea, most any engine will go 200K plus these days if they are well maintained.

MisterCMK 02-04-2009 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Econoline 150 (Post 7097529)
I think a 240 has potential to wind up, the stroke is only 3/16ths more then a 302 and it has the sam bore size with long connecting rods.
The 300 was designed to be a low end lugger with low end torque in mind.
But, 4000 rpms isnt really hard on it, its a gas engine. CAT 3208s will go 3000 rpms and thats a diesel. Some engines internal parts are capabile of more rpms, but if you cut off the breathing to them well before they were to blow up its like a built in safety and longevity factor.
But in the end, yea, most any engine will go 200K plus these days if they are well maintained.

Those CAT 3208s are also absolute pigs. Horribly horribly slow motor.

Econoline 150 02-04-2009 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by MisterCMK (Post 7097782)
Those CAT 3208s are also absolute pigs. Horribly horribly slow motor.

The trucking company I worked for had a fleet of 3208s in the late 70s. They were blowing up so often, we had to keep several 3208 crate engines in stock to reduce downtime. I believe the turbos were in the 225 hp range.