Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   2008 Job Numbers and Changes (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/810269-2008-job-numbers-and-changes.html)

GM243 07-27-2008 10:16 PM

question on Job #

People are always saying i have a job 1 or a job 3. What is this? And how do i know what i have? Thanks

mick1955 07-27-2008 11:47 PM

It's the date the truck was built. I think job 1 went to July 07, job 2 till I think Dec 07. Do a search on some of the forums and you'll be able to get the correct dates. Mine in a job 2, and no problems so far. Purchased in November 07 and only have about 5500 miles on it so far.

biz4two 07-27-2008 11:52 PM

Might want to check your build date on the door VIN sticker. Since the '08 SD really was introduced in '07...and FORD makes changes to the production of the '08 Model Year...and thus calls them Build #1, 2, or 3.

You can also look at your MSRP window sticker under "Options" for the "JOB #3 BUILD IDENTIFIER" as an example.

Hope this helps...

biz
8D

caprang 07-28-2008 10:30 AM

The reason for changing the job # is due to changes or improvements done. For example you hear about the front air dam. When the trucks were introduced they had a 2 inch air dam but as they received complaints on MPG they designed a 4 inch air dam that went in Job 2 trucks. Ford had issues with regens at idle so they modified the software to only regen above 30 mph for Job 3 trucks. These are just examples, there are many more updates. I will look up the ordering guide info and post it.

caprang 07-28-2008 10:32 AM

JOB 3 ORDER GUIDE UPDATES – Effective on all
vehicles built on or after Job 3 (01/02/08 – Subject to
change)
• The 60th Anniversary Edition (17A) is now available on XLT
SuperCab and Crew Cabs. It includes a two tone exterior paint
combination in Black with Dark Shadow Grey lower accent or
Dark Shadow Grey with Black lower accent, Chrome billet-style
grille, 5" chrome running boards, chrome exhaust tip, chrome
tow hooks and chrome pickup bed tie-down hooks, chrome
mirror caps, body color front and rear bumpers, accent color
wheel lip moldings, and unqiue 60th Anniversary Edition wheel
ornaments, box decals and badges. The Medium Stone interior
includes Sport Cloth Captain's Chairs, a leather wrapped
steering wheel, unique instrument cluster appliqué, 60th
Anniversary center console badge, serialization plate, and
more. Please see the Packaged Options page for a full list of
package contents.
• There have been changes made to the standard and optional
axles in the Axle Availability chart. Please review the Axle
Availability chart for all axle availability changes.
• The Front License Plate Bracket is no longer standard. The
Front License (153) is available as an option on all trims and is
forced in states where required.
• The Rapid-Heat Supplemental Cab Heater (41A) is now
available with manual transmission.
• The PowerScope™ Trailer Tow Mirrors (54F) are now available
on XLT Regular Cab (require the Advanced Security Group).
• A Winter Front Grille Cover is now standard and only available
with the 6.4L diesel engine in the following states: AK, CO, ID,
IA, ME, MI, MN, MT, NH, NY, ND, SD, VT, WI, WY.
LATEST ORDER GUIDE UPDATES
• The 3.73 Limited Slip Axle (X3L) is now available on F-350
SRW Pickups with the 6.4L diesel engine, automatic
transmission and 17" or 18" wheels.

caprang 07-28-2008 10:35 AM

JOB 2 ORDER GUIDE UPDATES – Effective on all vehicles built on or after Job 2 (07/30/07 – Subject to change)

• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is now standard

• Reverse Camera System (76V) is now optional on XLT, FX4 and Lariat. It includes a reverse camera mounted in tailgate handle bezel and video display contained in interior rear-view mirror. (Requires 90D Power Seats)

• The Harley-Davidson™ Ford F-Series Super Duty® (17H) is back, available on Lariat Crew Cabs. It has a Black monotone exterior or a new unique Black and Vintage Copper two-tone. The interior has black accents, black and dusted copper leather two-tone seats, black and dusted copper leather on the steering wheel, center console lid, and door trim. See the Packaged Options Page for all package contents.

• The Chrome Package (17C) is now available on XLT, FX4 and Lariat SuperCabs and Crew Cabs. It contains a unique chrome billet-style grille, chrome exhaust tip, chrome tow hooks, chrome mirror caps, chrome pickup bed tie-down hooks, and 5" chrome tubular step bars and requires the PowerScope™ Trailer Tow Mirrors.

• The King Ranch with Chrome Package (17R) is now available on Lariat Crew Cabs. It include all the contents of the King Ranch Package, plus chrome exhaust tip, chrome tow hooks, chrome mirror caps, chrome pickup bed tie-down hooks, and 5" chrome tubular step bars.

• The self-dimming rear-view mirror standard on Lariat now includes an integrated compass

• The PowerScope™ Trailer Tow Mirrors (54F) are optional on XLT SuperCab and Crew Cab only and require the Advanced Security Group.

• The Fleet Only Dual Beam Jewel Effect Headlamp option (59R) incl. the underhood service lamp.

• The Advanced Security Group (60F) now includes an auto unlock feature.

GM243 07-28-2008 08:53 PM

Thanks a lot guys. Mine was made 3/8/08 so its a job 3

Maxium4x4 01-11-2009 03:20 PM

2008 Job Numbers and Changes

I will add this to the Tech Folder to help new users identify what Job number truck they have and the running changes that were made.

Try and keep it specific to changes made like the front air dam. If a owner wants to add a Job 2 item list the part number or even better an article with pictures. :)

sdrono 01-25-2009 04:56 PM

If an 08 has no Job # posted on sticker what does that mean?ThanksRon O

kane gray 01-25-2009 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by sdrono (Post 7055461)
If an 08 has no Job # posted on sticker what does that mean?ThanksRon O

Mine did not have it on the window sticker either. Look on the door jamb sticker. It has the build year and month. I was wondering you guys, what is different for 09? How much has changed from job 3 08's to the 09's?

bhd 12-25-2009 11:26 PM

I expected more info here. I've heard of job one torque converters not being as good as later models. This is THE ford trucks forum! Anyone have links to other resources on this?

Larry NCKS 12-26-2009 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by caprang (Post 6393590)
Ford had issues with regens at idle so they modified the software to only regen above 30 mph for Job 3 trucks.

One may have to be above 30 mph to initiate a regen. However, said regen will continue until it is complete or the vehicle is taken out of drive (auto) whichever comes first. I'm not sure how a gear drive works on this.

The vehicle will regen sitting at a stoplight if it hasn't been taken out of park.

Glockem45 05-06-2010 06:10 PM

I am not following this. I am looking at a 2010 F350 and the window sticker says Job-1 on it. What does this mean?

sdetweil 05-06-2010 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Glockem45 (Post 8858965)
I am not following this. I am looking at a 2010 F350 and the window sticker says Job-1 on it. What does this mean?

the 'Job' number is the manufacturing build group number.

first is 1, then there are changes, fixes, new features, that becomes 2, and repeat..

for the 08 model year, the wiring for the tailgate camera didn't make it into Job 1 trucks.. but did on Job 2 and later.

etc..

Sam

Glockem45 05-06-2010 08:00 PM

So Sam, essentially since this one is a 2010 model, then it is the Job1 version of the 2010 models?