Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   sealed the deal on another 56 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/810192-sealed-the-deal-on-another-56-a.html)

55 f350 01-12-2009 02:24 AM

are you gonna leave any for us bill ????????? i can find 'em as of late , but for one reason or another dont get 'em . bye the way the 55 in lincoln is a 56 f350 bill ya want it ?????? runs , havent made it up yet and talk to him again , and im almost afraid to ask as i paid much closer attention to the place where its at . the guy has a couple of 66-67 fairlanes , one appears to be a gt maybe 390 , a ranchero , new ford truck , a couple of early stangs i think , a early 70's bird .... you get the pic . i was silly enough to let him know i had one wanted another , and drove a 53 daily so it might be a case of bend over ....:eek:

WALFORD'S 56 01-12-2009 09:25 AM

tiger---it is easy to miss the correct year of some of these old trucks. I am still not sure of the different yr differences in the bonus-built ford trucks. I have not had any,and so the interest isn't there.
If I owned 1....then I would bone-up on them and I am sure you will love that 50,after alot of hard work.
The 1956 is a 1 year only truck,and they are beautiful,but so are the fifty....in it's own right.
Bill

WALFORD'S 56 01-12-2009 09:30 AM

55f350
I have been driving the heck out of my 53. You get some real weird looks on the road in the winter,and it is fun!! I am real close to maybe starting a 53-56 ford truck company.
I have been looking at buildings and it would be nice to have a truck shop specializing in 53-56 s and have signs and parts and decor for the enthusiast.
Bill......oh is the 56 F350 A FLATBED or a regular bed? HOW MUCH....haha!!

Brian_B 01-12-2009 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56 (Post 6997353)
Brian
I know you are in Arkansas,but I only got as close as Mississippi,and so when I get closer,will pm you --some day soon.....haha
Bill....

Just E-mail me. blb1408 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

I have not been to Mississippi in like 27 years? I used to live in West Memphis, AR when I was a kid. We were donw there for something all the time.

Now..TN different story. I get down there when I can still.

WALFORD'S 56 01-12-2009 09:37 AM

Brian....I hope to fix up this new 56 to be a nice truck like yours. Most likely keep it white,and all stock and drive it and have fun. ALL my trucks are meant for that. I have 1 car now -63 supercharged avanti ...and it is too nice to drive like that. It is a garage queen and no fun...haha
It is fast though....but I am a truck guy. I will be in Meridian,Mississippi soon and a buddy needs my help. I would like to meet you,and we have alot in common.
Bill

lucas56 01-12-2009 03:24 PM

Hey Bill nice looking truck. Did you find that around here? That 51 dump that you speak of wouldn't happen to be out here by me is it? Haven't been over that way in awhile but I know it is still there don't know whether it runs or not.
Jeff

WALFORD'S 56 01-12-2009 03:39 PM

Hi Jeff. Thanks, no the 56 isn't in Ohio....too solid for Ohio...LOL
The dump truck is near your place. I found it one day when I was looking for your house. Do you know anything more about it? It looks like it was restored a while back. It was sitting in the woods near the house. The place is for sale. Ring a bell?
Anyway---have not heard from you on the Ohio site . Keep in touch.....Bill

lucas56 01-13-2009 02:53 PM

Bill the dump truck next to me has a newer box on it. The owner now lives in New York. They have been there about two years. His son still lives here in town. Honestly I've lived her about 12 years and have seen the truck move down the road MAYBE twice. Jeff

WALFORD'S 56 01-13-2009 03:21 PM

Jeff....Thanks,so it must still run. Good to know.
I just found a set of rear fenders for 53-56 and will snag them soon. I have a buddy that has ALL OEM NOS NORS parts and wants to sell them,as I told you before.
I told a guy on FTE about them,but he is not going to be involved now.
I will post later and see what Number Dummy tells me the value of this stuff and add it all up.
I will post the stuff,once it is tallied up. Most is for 1956 F100.
Bill

daves54 01-13-2009 04:22 PM

Great Truck in massachusetts every boby thinks their stuff is worth gold! Would never find a deal like that.

WALFORD'S 56 01-13-2009 04:42 PM

The deals are out there,and you just have to look. I am ALWAYS on the hunt for muscle cars, and old trucks,etc.
I am always amazed when I find parts or trucks etc., and so close to home!!
Won't be long when there will be alot more of these hobby trucks etc for sale,do to the recession. Trucks are a good investment.....if you get them for cheap,and do not spend every penny on them,and can do most the work yourself.
Bill

timboy 01-13-2009 05:00 PM

Great buy

I'm impressed with a great price on your 56. My fishin' buddy's dad passed a few months ago, so he inherited his 56 ford pickup. He's not interested in trucks so he put it up for sale. He sold it locally for 7750.00 It was licensed and daily driver until his dad quit drivin just a few years ago. So it seems you got a steal. It was a 3spd 1/2 ton 6 cylinder.

WALFORD'S 56 01-13-2009 06:38 PM

Thanks Timboy!
I have decided to try to buy running and driving trucks that are cheap. Mostly 53-56 and especially anything close to home. Most Ohio trucks are rusty and my 53 is an Ohio truck and it is darn nice for a rust-belt truck.
When I buy a truck...price is usually the main concern,and what it will take to get her on the road.
Usually 90% need brakes and this one actually stops ok. Will go over it , aand paint it my self,so the costs stay low. I really like the 223s and have as much get-up and go as the y8. Hope to add more this year if they come up for sale.
The 62 I found this week,is nice enough and a western truck,but till owner gives a clear price...not sure if it will follow me home or not...LOL
Bill