Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   sealed the deal on another 56 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/810192-sealed-the-deal-on-another-56-a.html)

WALFORD'S 56 01-11-2009 11:09 AM

sealed the deal on another 56

I just spent a few days on buying another 56F100.
It is a 223 and 4 speed with no holes in it.....that is rare!!!
My wife okd the deal and so it will be added to the fleet soon. It runs good and even has brakes that work. The guy also has a 53...but the 56 is what I wanted. It is a southern truck and has the weirdest thing on the front....a grille guard and it looks original.
I thought those only came on larger trucks. I now have 6 1956s and 1 1953 and 1 1971 and a 1972 possibly.
I may give up the 72,to make the wife happy. 1000 bucks for the truck and it comes with a set of doors and a hood and rear fender also.
Spare parts the guy has saved up....Thanks /Bill8D:-X25
Here is a picture:http://images.craigslist.org/1271361...6d6f32123b.jpg

Julies Cool F1 01-11-2009 11:39 AM

Bill, You have MORE TRUCKS than I have shoes!!!!!!! (And that's a LOT)!

Congrats on the new arrival.

J!

Hey, how come no Bonus Builts in the collection?

3golfjack 01-11-2009 11:41 AM

Thats a heck of a find with no holes in it. Where in the south did you find it ? I live in Mississippi and hunted parts trucks but what I ,ve been finding are trucks with trees growing tru them.

WALFORD'S 56 01-11-2009 11:44 AM

Julie....thanks
I have a 51 bonus built dumptruck that I have my eye on. I am not getting into any more big trucks,unless a M-H or this dumptruck is cheap enough.
My wife still has more shoes than trucks.....too many.....LOL
She loves shoes.
Thanks.....Bill
ps......bumpsides/fatfenders/are all I need now....bonus builts are cool too!!

WALFORD'S 56 01-11-2009 11:47 AM

3golfjack---I drive the back roads and they are around......but some guys hide their trucks in the woods,and they are hard to spot.
I almost bought a truck in Meridian --but it was a classB camper-van. My buddy lives near there. thanks/Bill

Brian_B 01-11-2009 01:33 PM

Yep..he is the reason none of the rest of us can find a truck for spare parts! :-missingt

Good find!!! I love to see them saved from the scrap yard...even if they give their life to save others (parted out). I am all about organ transplants. I have a kidney that I am thankful for.

I never see any sitting anywhere. Now...there seems like there are old 50s chebies of all sorts sitting around here. Panels, trucks, sedans, etc (no coupes that I am aware of). It is rare to see one on the road though. They are all sitting..hmmm....

If you ever drag one up through AR, Stop here for a rest (so I can get some of the parts I need).

ksmith203 01-11-2009 02:29 PM

Bill you should be turning me onto the 51 dumptruck. I told you I'd stay away from the 56 if you stayed away from the 51's. Let me know if you r not seriously interested in the 51. I would be. I am over half way on the 69. Just got to get the cab back from sandblaster to finish it and mount it.

Kevin

low54 01-11-2009 04:36 PM

way to go Bill, my neck of the woods doesn't have those kind of suprises!...perfect find...

56panelford 01-11-2009 07:29 PM

Good find Bill and good to see your posting pics as well, congrats on both.

WALFORD'S 56 01-11-2009 07:39 PM

Ksmith--This is the same dumptruck I told about before. It is a 1990s restoration,and still darn nice. I just don't need it. I hate to see it rot away.
Brian---you have a beautiful 56 and I will stop in 1 day cause I will be in Mississippi again soon and will be looking for more CHEAP trucks.
I like to buy cheap but worthy old trucks and my motto is: better to have 10 than 1 that you won't drive-cause it could get scratched....haha
Driving around the backroads and having leads of to where to look,is all I need and I will spend days just scouting the areas.
I also forgot that I have a real nice 1974 ranger at the Florida ranch,and it is a 8 out of 10. I had a 78 that was awesome and this 74 reminds me of it.
Low54---finally can talk to you and not have to defend myself. I have come across a 56 panel truck all stock....if you are interested in the mountains. It is missing engine,but all stock and solid. Keep your eyes peeled.
THANKS ALL
Bill---and Terri

WALFORD'S 56 01-11-2009 07:44 PM

Brian
I know you are in Arkansas,but I only got as close as Mississippi,and so when I get closer,will pm you --some day soon.....haha
Bill
56panelford---thanks.....but the wife had to post the pic......she is awesome. Cannot wait to strip the paint off this 56 and refinish her and drive her....even if it has a foot of snow on the ground....haha

abe 01-11-2009 08:03 PM

show us pics of the grille guard. The guards fit all size truck, you just saw them on the bigger trucks I guess because they got into more places that could smash the front end. So if a new owner of a F-100 wanted one you know for sure the dealer would sell him one.

ksmith203 01-11-2009 08:12 PM

Bill, I forgot about that one how much do they want for it. Pm and remind me how much and where it is at. I am ready to do another 51. I bought a 52 panel on ebay, but the guy moved to Florida and took it with him. I am not driving to Florida to pick it up. I missed one of his emails saying he was moving in a week. He had my phone number but did not call. I really hated missing out on that one. Had big plans for it. I was going to make it into a rolling hotel room. New engine and towing kit. I am still looking, I will come acrossed another.

Kevin

WALFORD'S 56 01-11-2009 10:13 PM

Abe.....the grille guard is in nice shape and looks cool,but thought they only came on larger trucks. I am learning every day...haha
Ksmith.....the bonus-built ford dumper is in the woods by a guys place that I know. However this truck is in the woods and no sign except for sale,and no number. I stopped several times....to no avail.
Thanks guys.....Bill

tiger_698 01-11-2009 11:18 PM

WALFORD, I'm jealous. I would love to have a '56. That's my dream truck. I was in Afghanistan and my dad sent me an e-mail saying that he found one for only $500 and in good shape. So I sent him the money and he bought it. I got home only to find a '50. When I'm done fixing this one up, I'll drive it for a while, and then start looking for another one. Except this time it'll be a 56!!!