Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum147/)
-   -   Hi Fellow Virginias... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/809126-hi-fellow-virginias.html)

Sparky83 01-07-2009 02:12 PM

Hi Fellow Virginias...

Hey guys and gals im new here.. and heres my intro thread...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...-beach-va.html

as it says im from Va Beach Va.. and am currently dreaming of a new truck i hope to own someday.. but i know somedays a good distance away right now..

Like my intro also says... im hoping to eventually get a f-350 with a v10 in it.. but im having a problem finding any V10's at the dealerships to test drive.. from what ive been told they stopped carrying them because they werent selling.. so was wondering if anyone would be kind enought to either let me test drive theirs or just a ride in it? doesnt have to be right away.. like i said im a long way away from ever getting mine.. and can perfectly understand yall wanting to get to know me before doing either...

Franken-Truck 01-07-2009 07:11 PM

Welcome!!

I don't know what else to say, lol :-jammin

Have you eve tried CraigsList? Huge, free online local classifieds. . .awesome stuff. . .few minutes of searching found these 8D

2002 FORD F350 PICKUP

Ford F-250 Super Duty EXTRA CLEAN !!!! >>>>>>

2000 F350 SUPER CAB SUPER DUTY

2000 Ford Excursion Limited - V10 4x4 - White &Tan

Not all necessarily exactly what you are looking for, but you might be able to check one out and drive it to see if the V10 is what you want :-drink

Sparky83 01-07-2009 07:43 PM

i dont care much for craigs list.. have had too many friends get ripped off on there.... and as much as used cars are tempting id rather buy new... cuz then i know what all had been done to and with it.. yeah itll cost me quite a few pennies... but least then i know what im getting... right now im just looking for either a ride in or a test drive of one.. one of the main options i really want too is the quad captain chairs.. cuz i want to use it as a travel truck...

Franken-Truck 01-07-2009 07:54 PM

Don't have to buy from there, just find one close to what you are looking for and check it out. Offer to put a few bucks in gas in it if you can take it for a quick trip. No one should be serious about selling a vehicle and not be willing to let you drive it. Nor should anyone expect the first person to come look at it to buy it :-X22

I hear the gas mileage is on the low side though, especially for a travel truck :-X18

Sparky83 01-07-2009 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Franken-Truck (Post 6981867)
Don't have to buy from there, just find one close to what you are looking for and check it out. Offer to put a few bucks in gas in it if you can take it for a quick trip. No one should be serious about selling a vehicle and not be willing to let you drive it. Nor should anyone expect the first person to come look at it to buy it :-X22

I hear the gas mileage is on the low side though, especially for a travel truck :-X18

true...

ive heard mixed on it... some i hear are pretty decent.. others i hear are oddly low... but sometimes i think those oddly low ones are people figuring in with pulling heavy loads constantly... to me if its getting better than 9mpg than it gets better than the car i learned to drive in... 40 gallon tank with 9mpg... lol usually lasted me 2 weeks..

its gonna be a pleasure/travel/work truck.. will satisfy the I want, comfy, and more than ill ever need category.. my familys problems is when we take family trips we have a hard time finding something to be comfortable in.. comfortable and be able to fit... mainly cuz my brothers 6'4, im 5'10.. my dads 5'9 and moms the small one at 5'3... but my dad and brother are the 2 biggest ones weight wise... my dads got a 03 silverado 1500 but the back seats not all that geat for comfort... so anymore we end up taking 2 cars up.. since the front seats are normally the comfiest...

but i do plan to buy one of them fuel saver tuners when i get the truck.. either SCT or BullyDog.. they both claim to have ones thatll give a lil more umpf.. and help save gas at the same time.. but its not going to be my primary daily driver... thats what i got my stang for..

350steve 01-08-2009 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky83 (Post 6980057)
Hi im new to the site...
As for the future truck i mentioned i want.. Id like to eventually buy a new F-350 super crew/quad cab ect ect what ever youd like to call it.. with an 8 ft bed... 6 wheeled... but would like a v10 instead of the v8 powerstroke.. which was how i came apon the site..

Welcome to FTE..We'll look past that other truck since your looking at a dually...

Sparky83 01-08-2009 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by 350steve (Post 6984143)
Welcome to FTE..We'll look past that other truck since your looking at a dually...

hehe ty.. my dads the GM nut... im the Ford nut... He use to swear hed never have a ford parked in his driveway... lol I bought my stang and as ya can see by the picture there its been parked right in the driveway ever since lol..

as much as i kinda like my current truck.. i want something newer and better... ntm more reliable.. I think its funny.. with the number of "ford" jokes out there about them breaking down all the time.. i think they got it wrong... seems like everytime i get something fixed on that truck it finds something else to break on it within a month of getting the other thing fixed... ive even had to run new wires on it to get it working right again...

Main thing i hate about it is its underpowered... only has 92 hp and 132 ft-lb of tq... ive had the bed loaded up before... and you could tell it was straining to pull it.. but can say it does get what i need it to do done..

Greywolf 01-08-2009 04:11 PM

We have a forum titled "GENERAL AUTOMOTIVE" in the general forums area (I hope you like the way everything is sorted out to make it easier to find things) where your Granddads truck would be welcomed.

I could make a dirty nasty suggestion that you might use it as a test platform to see if a 454 or 455 would fit in an S-10 body - but if it's a money pit already FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT over that idea..... 8D

Shucks, I have a Suzuki Swift out in my driveway that I picked up as a project a while ago. It seems GM was in bed with the Japanese when the Geo Metro was developed. I had a metro - and it was one of the most fun "MINIMAL OPTION CRUISERS" I ever played with. It carried me from Norfolk Virginia to Sarasota Florida and back on about a hundred twenty bucks worth of fuel! :-wow

And as a matter of fact at one point it had a totally FCC NON-COMPLIANT 400 watt C/B radio in it... :eek:

So don't worry about it too much. Especially with a Pony car like that one in your stable.

Sparky83 01-08-2009 04:33 PM

thanks mate... I actually thought of upgrading to a bigger motor when i blew the original one in that truck awhile back... theres a 400 v8 sitting in the garage right now in a crate.. from when it went.. dad swapped the 400 out for a better more powerful v8 350 before we moved down here... i rebuilt that 400 in hs.. but i know i screwed that block up.. (1st yr auto student.. teach wasnt much help.. ) oil galley plugs were frozen into the block... drilled them out.. which was where my mistake was made...

but had thought of putting that 400 in the s10... but decided not to... mainly cuz it was gonna be more work than it was worth.. would have either had to move the radiator.. or beat the firewall back.. ntm strengthen other things... just wasnt worth all the work that it woulda needed...

lol and when i say i blew the motor i mean i blew the motor... cyls #1 and #2 cracked lengthwise down the cylinder walls.. and only ever managed to find half to piston #3... so that original block in my truck was 3/4 dead on its wheels lol..

Greywolf 01-08-2009 04:57 PM

You're talking to a man with ideations of sliding a 351W into a Ranger now - BE CAREFUL!

I've got a garage FULL of spare engines awaiting rebuild, and a wild sense of humor about it....

I grew up seeing rods slammed into S-CURVES - and thinking "Poppa really needs to discover what 'torque pattern' means..." :rolleyes:

Sparky83 01-08-2009 05:00 PM

Ok another question.. this ones for the mods... but if anyone else can answer it thats cool too i dont mind... When i read through the intro newbie threads one of them said you needed a minimum of 25 posts to PM people... and with this post im at 30 posts but still cant pm people... did the minimum number change? or am i missing a setting somewhere?

Greywolf 01-08-2009 05:04 PM

Try this and see if it works. Where my forum "HANDLE" (webname or member name) is on the upper left of my post - click on it and go to my profile.

See if you have the option to send me a PM....

If you do - TRY IT!

It might need to be kick-started or played with to make it obvious.

At the top of the screen where it says "WELCOME Sparky83" there should be some small type saying "private messages"

That's where it shows up, also in your "User CP"

Sparky83 01-08-2009 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Greywolf (Post 6985415)
You're talking to a man with ideations of sliding a 351W into a Ranger now - BE CAREFUL!

I've got a garage FULL of spare engines awaiting rebuild, and a wild sense of humor about it....

I grew up seeing rods slammed into S-CURVES - and thinking "Poppa really needs to discover what 'torque pattern' means..."

nahh i aint putting down people that do it... im just saying mines not worth it... theres alot of s10s with 350-454 swaps.. but from what ive read with the s10's you need the v6 models to do the v8 swaps into them.. cuz the 4 cyls had a different crossmember/engine cradle.. that supposively wont accept a v8.. but im sure if i wanted to i could find a way to make it work on that cradle..

i someday want to get my hands on a 95 GT.. rip the 5.0 outta it and drop a Built and Blown v8 460 with Multi-Port Fuel Injection system on it.. just to see what numbers i could really squeeze out of it.. ive seen the numbers on a N/A v8 460 getting 500 hp with 525 tq.. im curius what kind of numbers i could squeeze out with MPFI and a twinscrew/root blower sitting on top... would definately have some traction issues... but would be fun...

Greywolf 01-08-2009 05:12 PM

I SEE THE REASON for the PM hassle - this is what you need to do:

Go to your User CP, and click on "OPTIONS"

You have not enabled private messaging in it, click on the box you will find in there and SAVE the options you changed. After that it will work. Go do that, and we'll test drive it....

Sparky83 01-08-2009 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Greywolf (Post 6985445)
Try this and see if it works. Where my forum "HANDLE" (webname or member name) is on the upper left of my post - click on it and go to my profile.

See if you have the option to send me a PM....

If you do - TRY IT!

It might need to be kick-started or played with to make it obvious.

At the top of the screen where it says "WELCOME Sparky83" there should be some small type saying "private messages"

That's where it shows up, also in your "User CP"

doesnt have the option or say private messages any of the spots it should be.. even under the user cp it normally has the Private Messages with the arrow on the left with the list of things to do with pm,s isnt even there...