Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   Dec Ford Sales (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/808440-dec-ford-sales.html)

ROUSTYBOY 01-05-2009 01:37 PM

Dec Ford Sales

Down 32%. My guess is akin to what this guy states regarding 09' and incentives?????

Poor industry sales continue to mean good deals for consumers, though. Aaron Bragman, automotive marketing research analyst for IHS Global Insight in Troy, Mich., said large incentives such as zero percent financing and rebates will continue well into 2009 as automakers try everything they can to boost sales.

150ford 01-05-2009 03:59 PM

Yeh that is good news although the 2009 150 is selling really well. Ford said they sold about 14,000 since last month. Not surpirising though. There awesome. Kudos to Ford for producing a heck off a pickup. The looks are killer an the truck itself. Oh man its really something. I test drove one.WOW is all i can say. I got to say its the best looking truck on the road. Makes anything else look bad.

Bsimmer3000 01-05-2009 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by 150ford (Post 6971250)
Yeh that is good news although the 2009 150 is selling really well. Ford said they sold about 14,000 since last month. Not surpirising though. There awesome. Kudos to Ford for producing a heck off a pickup. The looks are killer an the truck itself. Oh man its really something. I test drove one.WOW is all i can say. I got to say its the best looking truck on the road. Makes anything else look bad.

Your not wrong. Had an old guy today about late 50's got me to pull over as i was about to leave walmart and his jaw was on the floor when i got out. He was well impressed with the truck. He has a 07 chevy silverado and he was looking at updating to either the Ford or the Dodge because of how many problems he has had with his chevy. He didn't have to even drive the 09 f150 and he was sold. He loved it and said there's no way he is even gonna get the Dodge after looking over my 09 for 20 mins. He also said that the best price he could get on a loaded ram was $48k and they wouldn't drop it any more. I told him that he could be in a Platinum for around $41k and he was like wtf im going to the dealership now lol.

96sherm 01-05-2009 06:55 PM

reps to you there Bsimmer... :) keep 'em comming to our beloved Fords... :D

ArtsBest 01-05-2009 07:57 PM

I believe the Ram will be the best truck for the price after Chrysler throws major rebates on this model. They have nothing to lose now.

Bsimmer3000 01-05-2009 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by ArtsBest (Post 6972511)
I believe the Ram will be the best truck for the price after Chrysler throws major rebates on this model. They have nothing to lose now.

I wouldn't even pay $35k for a 09 loaded Ram let alone $48k. How on earth they can ask such a premium price for the quality they put out i will never know. After i borrowed that 09 ram for the weekend i was not at all impressed. Felt like a 10 year old truck.

I heard the f150 was the best selling truck and vehicle again for 08 so they must of been selling well still.

Ryan50hrl 01-05-2009 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by ArtsBest (Post 6972511)

I don't know that chrysler can afford to throw huge rebates at it....they've got an awful lot of engineering costs to pay off on that truck....and HAVE to make a profit on each one they sell...

ROUSTYBOY 01-06-2009 08:04 AM

After Chrysler was bought by a bunch of Wall Street fast-buck artists they've been going south. More so than the other car manufacturers. As a result they exactly have nothing to lose as was stated here. Will they recover those engineering costs on the new Ram via higher pricing? Maybe but I wouldn't think so with the state of our nation now. I drove one and must say they're too over priced but are better than their predecessor by a wide margin

msalyer 01-06-2009 03:15 PM

I never liked Chrysler products in the past, BUT I bought a 2006 Jeep Wrangler (I have always liked Jeeps). I have to say I am quite impressed with the overall quality. The fit and finish is very good and I have had no problems. I guess what I'm saying is......If they can build a quality Jeep, they COULD build a quality truck. I still would pick the Ford but Dodge would likely be my second choice.

Bsimmer3000 01-06-2009 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by msalyer (Post 6975789)
I never liked Chrysler products in the past, BUT I bought a 2006 Jeep Wrangler (I have always liked Jeeps). I have to say I am quite impressed with the overall quality. The fit and finish is very good and I have had no problems. I guess what I'm saying is......If they can build a quality Jeep, they COULD build a quality truck. I still would pick the Ford but Dodge would likely be my second choice.

The same cant be said for the 2 last jeeps 1999/2003 our familey owned. I am glad to see the back of that thing. Problem after problem and parts falling of left right and center and the worst rideing suv i have ever been in.

tseekins 01-06-2009 06:21 PM

The F-150 will always be Ford's bread and butter. With improved capabilities and overall general improvements I expect to see to lot of truck buyers who are loyal to no one buy an F-150. Gas is starting to creep north again around here. Good thing Ford has marketed the SFE truck.

Tim

Bsimmer3000 01-06-2009 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by tseekins (Post 6976709)
The F-150 will always be Ford's bread and butter. With improved capabilities and overall general improvements I expect to see to lot of truck buyers who are loyal to no one buy an F-150. Gas is starting to creep north again around here. Good thing Ford has marketed the SFE truck.

Tim

I have noticed that with a few gas stations around here and they seem to be trying it on. Some are at 1.99 a gallon and some are at 1.32 a gallon. Lucky for me i have travel link fuel prices. know where to go to get the best price now.

FTE Ken 01-06-2009 06:41 PM

Its not the gas stations forcing the prices up. Opec scaled back production in December in order to raise prices. At lot of the pricing has to do with when they bought their gas, as the prices are expected to go up fairly rapidly.

150ford 01-06-2009 07:58 PM

Yeh Im sure Opec is about go bust with these low gas prices after making there billions last summer. Right give me a break. It sure puttin the hurt on the ethanol industry. E85 is only .15 cheaper then reg gas. No advantage there. fgas goes up like last summer. It will put the frosting on the cake as fas the economy is concerned. And GM an Chrysler will go under despite the bailouts. An the country will be hurting real bad. Already is.

Bsimmer3000 01-06-2009 08:24 PM

Opec bunch of idiots with to much power.