Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum91/)
-   -   The REAL DEAL OH January B/S session (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/808236-the-real-deal-oh-january-b-s-session.html)

Monster-4 01-04-2009 07:42 PM

The REAL DEAL OH January B/S session

Well I figured I'd start the January thread...

Did next to nothing today. Watch NFL football and also Cavs get beat in the final seconds by Washington. I don't often like to sit around and do nothing but once in awhile it sure is nice.

bigwin56f100 01-05-2009 09:20 AM

Packaged up some parts I sold on E-pay, gathered up more to list but got tired and went to bed!

Kevin Bigwin

Freightrain 01-05-2009 03:15 PM

Well, since it was nice last Monday I took my '69 out for a spin to get parts washer fluid from local distributor. All was good til I got half way there and alt quit charging. Lucky it was cool and the fan wasn't going to run so I knew it would make the trip home.

Pulled it apart, including regulator and headed to Azone. Couldn't test regulator since he couldn't find the right lead, but alt was fried so figured that was problem. He looked at alt and said it looked like a reman unit. I told him I likely got it at another store years back. He looked it up and sure enough 8yrs ago I bought a lifetime unit!!! Yippeee......I got another "premiun" alt for nothing! Got it put on and wow...it charges. Life is good again.

Had to return to work today after 2wks off..............bummer. Back to the grind.

F2504x4 01-05-2009 05:08 PM

Gots love Autozone for there long term memory....:-drink Been using them for longer then i can remember..:-drink

Freightrain 01-06-2009 08:21 AM

I have a friend that works the commercial counter at that store now(I moved before he started there). He says they have ALL the records from back in the beginning(1980's when they came to Canton). He gets hassled from some people saying they lost their records cause they know they bought such-n-such and it's under warranty. Ya, right.

I miss the old tyme parts store I used to deal with as they had REAL parts guys working there and knew what you wanted. They sold out to Napa and most of the good guys left/retired. I still have a couple contacts and it's very helpful(and cheaper)!

bigwin56f100 01-06-2009 09:22 AM

A frind of mine worked at a napa 20 years ago and when they would get new books he would take all the old ones.

Now he has his own shop and he has the books set up just like they used to at the store.

when I need a vintage part I go over and look it up myself (or have him do it for me) and take the part number to napa.

Nothing like BOOKS
Kevin Bigwin

Monster-4 01-11-2009 04:32 PM

Just bumping the thread. Been quite here lately.

bigwin56f100 01-12-2009 08:35 AM

Happy Monday OHIO!

AspenF150 01-12-2009 12:23 PM

I'm saving up for the Roush Off Road Exhaust. Should be ordering it by the end of the month.

I have a few nights off from work until I go back on Wednesday night (3rd shift) boring when everyone else is asleep and nothing to do.

I went out of town this morning to take care of some things and ate at Rally's for the first time in years. I was very disappointed. Sad to say but take out food just isn't all that good to me anymore and the values just down right suck. Burger King for some of there combos want $7 and change for a sandwich, a very small thing of fries and a drink that's half filled with ice! c'mon people.

bigwin56f100 01-12-2009 01:18 PM

Yea I know its $20.00 for me, my wife, and 3 kids, and thats sharing a drink or two.

Kevin Bigwin

AspenF150 01-13-2009 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 (Post 6999914)
Yea I know its $20.00 for me, my wife, and 3 kids, and thats sharing a drink or two.

Kevin Bigwin

Sounds about right. Only two places in town that I see that have good value is Subway (wish we had Quiznos) and Fu Sing, the chinese resturant.

After Wednesday, the temperature is supposed to drop like mad!! Average of 12 during the days and 0's at night. That's just uncivilized :-hair

Monster-4 01-13-2009 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by AspenF150 (Post 7002963)
After Wednesday, the temperature is supposed to drop like mad!! Average of 12 during the days and 0's at night. That's just uncivilized :-hair

Yeah I ws just looking at that on Weather.com. :( Not going to be very warm starting Wednesday night. Looks like it suppose to be back in the 20's by Saturday.

Freightrain 01-13-2009 02:47 PM

Ya, fast food ain't cheap anymore. Enjoy Subway(dont care for Quizno-toasted subs), BK or occasionly a Mcburger. The good thing anymore is self service on pop so you can get POP and not 3/4 ice! I have to laugh at people that pay the $2 for a "bottled" water! Huh! That crap is FREE outta the spigot, why pay that kind of money while out? Anymore when dining out in the evening we get water with the meal and it usually saves $4-5 on the ticket. That's a meal after a couple times out. Just can't afford to throw money away anymore like 10 yrs ago.

We have a new restaraunt that reopened(new name) and they have all you can eat pancakes/french toast for $4.50(all day). I got FILLED up for $4.77(tax)!! Now that's a meal. I did leave $2 tip for the girl since she had to make SO MANY TRIPS LOL!!!

bmuhlbach 01-14-2009 09:36 AM

coupons!!!!!!!! Went to McD's on Sunday wife had buy one get one free and something else totol was $5. and change lots of people useing some coupons while we where waiting for order.

bigwin56f100 01-15-2009 11:49 AM

Dang its cold out today!