Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   Local Bio Fuel Studies (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/808156-local-bio-fuel-studies.html)

Tom D 01-04-2009 04:24 PM

Local Bio Fuel Studies

This appeared in the local news paper this morning which will interest you all.
www.floridatoday.com (click on "going green")
I would love to get cranked up on the algae production. I will make the effort to visit these places.
Tom

fabmandelux 01-04-2009 05:41 PM

Great article Tom, thanks for posting it!

It reaffirms my commitment to continue my bio work.:-jammin

firemediceric 01-06-2009 06:41 AM

Tom,
I'm always interested in info/studies on the future of alternate fuels. Seeing that the link would bring me to Florida Today, I decided not to click on the link. I refuse to read anything in that fish wrapper.

I did see an blurb on Fox news this morning about making fuel from coffee beans. Now that would be some sweet smelling exhaust

TchTchr 01-09-2009 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by firemediceric (Post 6974002)
I did see an blurb on Fox news this morning about making fuel from coffee beans. Now that would be some sweet smelling exhaust

I hope my wife never gets behind a vehicle burning that - it would just feed her Starbucks addiction!

fabmandelux 01-09-2009 09:50 AM

One of my suppliers is a bakery ( and yes the bio smells like donuts!) If I added the coffee based bio I'd have every cop in town following me around!:-missingt

tazo 01-09-2009 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux (Post 6988104)
One of my suppliers is a bakery ( and yes the bio smells like donuts!) If I added the coffee based bio I'd have every cop in town following me around!:-missingt

Now that's a funny one. I could just see them sucking on your tailpipe.
:-missingt :-missingt :-missingt

TchTchr 01-09-2009 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux (Post 6988104)

Interesting. I had read somewhere that bakeries never changed their oil because the donuts absorb so much of it and they just keep adding new to the fryer; therefore, I never asked any of the bakeries for their oil.

Tom D 01-10-2009 07:01 PM

[quote=firemediceric;6974002]Tom,
I'm always interested in info/studies on the future of alternate fuels. Seeing that the link would bring me to Florida Today, I decided not to click on the link. I refuse to read anything in that fish wrapper.

I don't think Florida Today cares whether you read their paper or not. That's up to you. But if someone directs me to an interesting and educational article that concerns something that I am very interested in, than I don't care WHO publishes it. YOU are the one who is losing out. Tom