Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   DE January Chat Thread All Welcome (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/806974-de-january-chat-thread-all-welcome.html)

Sparky83 01-10-2009 08:22 PM

evnin tiny... hows u tonight...

tiny1 01-10-2009 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky83 (Post 6992027)
cool and congrats mate... were ya demoted before? or do yall just switch around from time to time?

Yes and no. My department has annual elections for all of the officers. The chief can appoint the training and safety officers and the EMS coordinator. I was chief for '07 and got voted out last year and now I am back in. Last year it was more of a popularity vote becasue the guy that held it had more of his buds at that meeting. Damn cliques.

Originally Posted by BIGKEN (Post 6992179)
YO...Joisey Steve...why don't YOU show us how to drive in the white crap??? :rolleyes: :-missingt :-missingt :-missingt

:-missingt :-missingt :-missingt }> :-fire :-fire

Originally Posted by drunkdave (Post 6992478)
looks like neil forgot to send the snow to philly.

Originally Posted by fire240 (Post 6992510)
Thats what it is looking like Dave. He was supposed to send some snow to baltimore as well.

Hey guys I can not help it if Ma Nature can not follow directions :confused: I put the request in and at least I got it to go south some so that PA got most of it.

Sparky83 01-10-2009 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 6993592)
Yes and no. My department has annual elections for all of the officers. The chief can appoint the training and safety officers and the EMS coordinator. I was chief for '07 and got voted out last year and now I am back in. Last year it was more of a popularity vote becasue the guy that held it had more of his buds at that meeting. Damn cliques.

gotta hate it when it becomes a popularity contest...

tiny1 01-10-2009 08:30 PM

I am doing pretty good Shawn,,,, woke up about an hour ago after taking a nappy in my recliner sitting next to the wood stove

fire240 01-10-2009 08:31 PM

I know ya tried Neil. 27-7 arizona in the second quarter.

tiny1 01-10-2009 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky83 (Post 6993598)
gotta hate it when it becomes a popularity contest...

that is so true and all volunteer organizations have some sort of popularity involved. for example, with the '07 elections, there were several people that came for the meeting and I am pretty sure that they voted for the past chief. After that they have not made a single meeting since then (we have 2 a month except for July and August when there is 1) or made any of the calls that we had last year.

tiny1 01-10-2009 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by fire240 (Post 6993601)
I know ya tried Neil. 27-7 arizona in the second quarter.

I just had my wife switch over so that I could see who was playing and I saw the score. I was kinda hoping to see one of the PA teams on tonight with all of the snow that they are getting today

tiny1 01-10-2009 08:39 PM

Shaun.... what gps unit did you get awhile back ??

fire240 01-10-2009 08:40 PM

They will be on tommorrow Neil. I am looking forward to the giants game.

fire240 01-10-2009 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 6993647)
Shaun.... what gps unit did you get awhile back ??

I bought the tomtom GO 720 Neil.

Sparky83 01-10-2009 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 6993600)
I am doing pretty good Shawn,,,, woke up about an hour ago after taking a nappy in my recliner sitting next to the wood stove

hope ya didnt roll over and get burned on the stove lol... jk... shame they dont make them wood burning stoves like they use to... my grandfather had an old american eagle wood stove he used to heat the house with.. would throw a giant log in there and be good for the day... but a couple yrs ago the stove cracked and couldnt use it anymore... nore could he find a good replacement for it to fit in the same spot.. so now hes back on the oil furnise..

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 6993617)
that is so true and all volunteer organizations have some sort of popularity involved. for example, with the '07 elections, there were several people that came for the meeting and I am pretty sure that they voted for the past chief. After that they have not made a single meeting since then (we have 2 a month except for July and August when there is 1) or made any of the calls that we had last year.

yeah thats like ROTM on some of my other sites... only time people log on is to vote for their buddys and log off... and you can tell its a big popularity contest by the way the votes go.. if theres not really a particular favorite the votes are spread of evenly.. if theres someone in there that people dont like youll see those votes shift to the other canidates.... while that one guy gets maybe a handful of votes...

Sparky83 01-10-2009 08:46 PM

ive got the megellan mastero.. but was a x-mas gift a couple yrs ago.. but dont really care for it much.. id rather have the tom tom...

tiny1 01-10-2009 09:01 PM

I am asking becasue I have been thinking about getting one for my truck. With being back in as chief, I can very easily end up driving my truck going into neighboring districts for mutual aid calls. As a matter of fact, the department recently purchased three Tom Tom units and I have not had a chance to use them.

I am leaning towards getting a Garmin nuvi 255W as it seems to fit my bill, but am willing to look at other options.

drunkdave 01-10-2009 09:04 PM

I got the garmin nuvi 250W for christmas. It fits my needs.

tiny1 01-10-2009 09:07 PM

Shawn, the wood stove that I have is big enough that we heat the entire house with it. We just put this one in last year but have been burning wood for the last 5 years. Last year we started to keep it going 24/7 around Veterans Day and kept it going until mid April before letting it go out. When it does get down into the low single digits I do need to run the furnace a little bit to take the chill off in the corners of the house.

Here is a picture of my setup......http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...3/100_1109.jpg