Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   DE January Chat Thread All Welcome (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/806974-de-january-chat-thread-all-welcome.html)

drunkdave 01-10-2009 10:22 PM

I dont think its the right hitch because the PO ground notched the bumper so it will clear a reciver, but it seems like it in to far. On top of that it dosent look right in my opion.

80351 01-10-2009 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by drunkdave (Post 6994167)
Im not sure but if im going to need to take the hitch off, I think its the wrong one any way. And of course, the bolst for the skid plate have nuts that are one size and heads on the bolts that are an other.

I don't think on my big one I have a skid plate but on the BII I couldn't get the polts out of the back by the bumper so I just undid the frontones and kinda pulled it back as far as I could.
I wouldn't look forward to tasking that 32 gallon monster out of the big truck
23 gallon was enough

Sparky83 01-10-2009 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by 80351 (Post 6994190)
Actually its 4 times,

Cut it, Split it, Stack and burn

dont forget the loading and unloading it in the trucks to haul it home... back home my grandfather just goes out and cuts down the trees in his back yard.. but here we ummm... lack some trees lol (city life) so if we want wood we gotta buy it and haul it.. course we dont use our fireplace.. cuz all it does is sucks the heat outta the whole house... doesnt even get the room its in warm really...

80351 01-10-2009 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by drunkdave (Post 6994201)
I dont think its the right hitch because the PO ground notched the bumper so it will clear a reciver, but it seems like it in to far. On top of that it dosent look right in my opion.

I'll tell you without even seeing it what he did and chances are it is the right one. When you get the kit people forget to put the shim packs in between the frame paltes and the frame. Did that kinda work for a few years

80351 01-10-2009 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky83 (Post 6994216)
dont forget the loading and unloading it in the trucks to haul it home... back home my grandfather just goes out and cuts down the trees in his back yard.. but here we ummm... lack some trees lol (city life) so if we want wood we gotta buy it and haul it.. course we dont use our fireplace.. cuz all it does is sucks the heat outta the whole house... doesnt even get the room its in warm really...

I have a Kodiak woodstove in what we call the computer room which use to be the garage at some point. But in the living room is a fullsized fireplace that doesn't have an incert in it but thick glass doors to close it off and a radiator that goes accross the top of the firebox so you don't need a big fire to heat it up and it does work rather well, that and sealing fans through out the house to push the air down.

drunkdave 01-10-2009 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by 80351 (Post 6994207)
I don't think on my big one I have a skid plate but on the BII I couldn't get the polts out of the back by the bumper so I just undid the frontones and kinda pulled it back as far as I could.
I wouldn't look forward to tasking that 32 gallon monster out of the big truck
23 gallon was enough

and the worst part is I filled it up this morning on the way to work. so if I drop the tank tommorrow it will have about 28 gallons in it.

Originally Posted by 80351 (Post 6994222)
I'll tell you without even seeing it what he did and chances are it is the right one. When you get the kit people forget to put the shim packs in between the frame paltes and the frame. Did that kinda work for a few years

cool, that will save me some time and money then, i guess I'll just take a grinder to the bumper and make the notch a little bigger so I can fit one in there.

Sparky83 01-10-2009 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by 80351 (Post 6994236)
I have a Kodiak woodstove in what we call the computer room which use to be the garage at some point. But in the living room is a fullsized fireplace that doesn't have an incert in it but thick glass doors to close it off and a radiator that goes accross the top of the firebox so you don't need a big fire to heat it up and it does work rather well, that and sealing fans through out the house to push the air down.

ours was built with the house... had we known it was gonna be a waste to use it we would have told them no to the fire place... now its blocked off with 3"Styrofoam blocks, thats attached to some insulator board and felt glued to the back of that.. and thats all stuffed into the recess of the fireplace where the inserts at... that way its not still sucking the heat or a/c out of the house... infront of all that is 2 big and full book cases..

80351 01-10-2009 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky83 (Post 6994250)
ours was built with the house... had we known it was gonna be a waste to use it we would have told them no to the fire place... now its blocked off with 3"Styrofoam blocks, thats attached to some insulator board and felt glued to the back of that.. and thats all stuffed into the recess of the fireplace where the inserts at... that way its not still sucking the heat or a/c out of the house... infront of all that is 2 big and full book cases..

Me think thats what the flu is for

80351 01-10-2009 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by drunkdave (Post 6994239)
and the worst part is I filled it up this morning on the way to work. so if I drop the tank tommorrow it will have about 28 gallons in it.

cool, that will save me some time and money then, i guess I'll just take a grinder to the bumper and make the notch a little bigger so I can fit one in there.

That's gonna be a Beocth to get out

80351 01-10-2009 10:45 PM

Well guys got a few other things to do,
Nite all

drunkdave 01-10-2009 10:45 PM

what i was thinking anout doing is, amkeing a frame out of 2x4's to support the skid plat, then put 2 floor jacks under it. unbolt the skid plate and raise the truck off of the tank with a 2 post lift.

drunkdave 01-10-2009 10:46 PM

night dave

Sparky83 01-10-2009 10:49 PM

just me and dave now...

tiny1 01-10-2009 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by 80351 (Post 6994257)
That's gonna be a Beocth to get out

Agreed. If we figure that a gallon of gas is the same as a gallon of water, Drunk Dave will be looking at 230 lbs. of fuel weight alone, so figure another 50 or so for the tank. Either way, not my idea of fun.

drunkdave 01-10-2009 10:51 PM

yeah, just the 2 of us, and Im gonna head out. Im gonna grab a couple hours of sleep and I will be back around 6am.