Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   Shakey doors on supercab (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/803628-shakey-doors-on-supercab.html)

kenwowski 12-20-2008 09:30 PM

Shakey doors on supercab

For those of you with supercab 150s do you find your doors shake when you go over a railroad track or very bumpy road almost like they are not fully closed?

Has any one fixed this issue with success?

Thanks

dnorris80 12-20-2008 10:52 PM

i am glad that you brought this up. i thought it was the NE Texas dirt roads

paul812 12-20-2008 11:23 PM

Sounds like the striker plates need to be bumped in just a little. Since it closes using the rear door, it may need the plates bumped in just a bit also. I dont notice it on mine,,,, but i do notice the paper thin sheet metal flex inward just a little on the fronts. Embarassing. I think someone on a bicycle could hit the door and cause a nice size dent. Apparently theres not much if any body goop between the cross bar in there and the outer panel. paul 05 scab

string54 12-20-2008 11:50 PM

door shake

If the rear doors on mine are not shut tight they do rattle. If you grab hold of the top of the rear door and pull, it won't move if shut tight.

kenwowski 12-21-2008 02:11 AM

Has anyone adjusted the strikers? If it is an easy thing I would like to handle it myself.

I have tried the "slamming little door" technique but it doesn't seem to work and I hate slamming the heck out of the door every time.

LastSplash 12-21-2008 02:42 AM

The strikers are easy to adjust. They are held in place with 2 Torx head bolts (size 45 I think) all you have to do is mark where the striker is now, loosen the bolts and slide the striker back.

slparry 12-21-2008 04:21 AM

Strikers out of adjustment will exaggerate the problem. Supercab unlike crewcabs have no solid post between the doors, you will get some rattling/shake on really rough RR track/roads,ETC.due to the design...It is the nature of the beast..

TOW II 12-21-2008 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by slparry (Post 6909119)
Strikers out of adjustment will exaggerate the problem. Supercab unlike crewcabs have no solid post between the doors, you will get some rattling/shake on really rough RR track/roads,ETC.due to the design...It is the nature of the beast..

I agree. I just took mine to a reputable body shop after not getting the issue resolved at the dealership. This is not only a common problem, but it’s inherent with the design. They were able to realign my door though (after the ford service dept. screwed it up).

xjcamaro89 12-21-2008 02:18 PM

If my rear doors are not shut tight then they rattle, i just make sure i slam the rear doors when i close them. I know they are not tight when i shut my front doors when the door slams it jiggles at the connection of the two doors a little. When they are shut correctly the door closes firmly. Try slamming your back doors and see what happens.