Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Not a Happy Camper (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/800520-not-a-happy-camper.html)

preppypyro 12-09-2008 11:26 PM

Not a Happy Camper

So I got to the hotel im getting forced to stay at, and had to park way at the back, in a dark side of the hotel, where no cameras get to, and my truck gets broken into. The moron at the front desk told me to park there and it would be fine, and I would have plug in parking.

So the morons got 35 bucks (canadian:P) out of my ash tray, and my receipt book with fuel receipts in it, and thats about it from what i can see.

The morons at the front desk told me today that there was no camera coverage back there, and im like what the hell why didnt ya tell me that last night? I had to leave the guys sight was I was mad and was gonna just start throwing my big ol fists around.

So they broke my window, and Im hoping that doesnt hurt the power window or lock buttons, and they broke the overhead console, the holder near the middle of the cab, and the little clip thing that holds that holder tray deal in.

So m I looking at a new overhed console to get that rear tray, and the clip that holds it on?

I pray to the good lord that I catch someone messing around outside, as Im gonna go back there later tonight, and beat the hell outta anyone suspicious looking, and deal with the consequenses of my actions later.

liftedgrocerygetter 12-09-2008 11:42 PM

Damn Sheldon that blows..... I have no idea why people feel the need to take someone elses property, it pisses me off. Reading this takes me back to last year when some worthless punk broke into my truck, I feel your pain. Is your ins going to fix/replace everything?

STROKIN'IT7.3 12-09-2008 11:45 PM

Man i hate that kinda stuff Sheldon. Hope it all gets worked out

preppypyro 12-09-2008 11:45 PM

Well since its just the window and "a few plastic pieces" (according to them) it would most likely be cheaper to get the window replaced by myself. I think my deductable is 500 or 700 dollars.

The thought allready crossed my mind to go key the sh17 outta my truck, every inch, from front to back, then add a new paint job into that deductable haha. I mean after all, there is no cameras back there!

Thanks Will.

It just felt good to come on here and vent.

4inchlovin 12-09-2008 11:49 PM

Thats Lame!

Note to Self: Dont go walking around the back of hotels that Sheldon is staying at!

triskit16 12-10-2008 12:13 AM

That really sucks you go to get yourself back to normal and now you have someone breaking into your truck for a couple bucks and receipts of all things. I would rather have someone come and punch me in the face than to mess with my truck. At least that way I could fight back! Hope you get everything fixed up good!

Powerstrokedlariat 12-10-2008 12:14 AM

Sorry to hear that man, what a bunch of crap.

That_Guy 12-10-2008 12:54 AM

Damn that sucks man, Ive gotten luck and havent had anyone break into my truck and I can only imagine how upset you are.

preppypyro 12-10-2008 12:56 AM

Thanks Tristan and Brent.

Chris drive your ass up here, Ill supply the beer, lets go on a rampage of kicking crackheads asses.!

That_Guy 12-10-2008 01:00 AM

Thats a damn tempting idea, but I met with the builder today for the store, and I dont have the extra cash right now. One day my man we will meet up and raise some hell..after all we are related lol

VQ2Fast4U 12-10-2008 07:26 AM

If the truck was on hotel property, then they need to foot the bill for repairs. That's how it worked at the hotel I worked at any way. Just wait till the lobey is full, then start getting louder untill they offer a soultion.

Ponyboychris 12-10-2008 07:29 AM

Damn, Sheldon. That blows. Sorry to hear.

nissandoc 12-10-2008 07:54 AM

I feel your pain Sheldon. Had to go outta town monday and when I got home at 11pm my son had left the back door open so the dogs could go out. I have been working on the living room so everything was piled in the dining room. Last night was putting the tv and surround system back up and couldnt find the sound system anywhere. Some scumbug had walked into my house and taken it. Luckily most everything else was upstairs and the dog wouldnt let them up there. She wont attack but she makes alot of noise. Maybe its time for her to have a little brother Rotty.

bigsteve1969 12-10-2008 09:00 AM

that does suck... ohwell i'd love to help you out!! i'd sho nuff show them a whoopin

RedBoat 12-10-2008 09:12 AM

Sorry to hear about that Sheldon!! That really BLOWS.