Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum147/)
-   -   March Specials (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/799037-march-specials.html)

Talyn 12-04-2008 09:30 PM

March Specials

Making the Shearing run in Feb this year.
If you have sheep and want em sheared. Get ahold of me!!
Otherwise, you can come visit with us and have a drink or what not.
We do a demonstration in Washington DC as well at Monticello.

If you'd like to come out and help for the day with shearing, Feel free to ask. However, I'm deeming it free help. With wool prices being a bit down, producers are going to be a bit tight on cash to pay us shearers as is.
Just askin if you want to come down for the on the farm experience and handle some wool, or run some sheep.
Maybe even just take some pictures.
I'll have to check with the producer first to make sure it's all right though.
I'll post a more definite date later on when time gets closer.

dieselguy2008 12-12-2008 12:08 AM

You dont wear velcro gloves do you???

Talyn 12-14-2008 09:24 AM

hahaha. No.

Actually. I want to make a correction on this. I will be in VA first week of March.

MissIndependent 12-14-2008 08:05 PM

dates, time, directions (and those need to be very specific cuz i get lost easily)!

it's too bad i can't flip sheep anymore...i had to learn the right way in college but i promptly forgot after the exam LOL

Talyn 12-26-2008 02:41 PM

that's the flippin easy thing to do. =)

MissIndependent 12-26-2008 05:51 PM

maybe i'll just watch ;)

Talyn 01-01-2009 10:56 PM

Nobody wants to come play with the sheep?

MissIndependent 01-02-2009 02:03 PM

i told you i'm coming...i wrote it on my calendar remember? ;)

STROKIN'IT7.3 01-02-2009 04:59 PM

Where at in DC?

fordguy21 01-02-2009 11:05 PM

Sounds like, a great place for a meet and great, and a little sheep shearing,I would be more interested in what dates, time, and directions or where this will take place.

Got a Gps unit for Christmas and needing to try it out, lol

STROKIN'IT7.3 01-03-2009 12:39 AM

Well lets make it official and it will be our first meet and greet, get some times and addresses and I'll start a new thread on it. Talyn, PM me some info and i'll get it set up.

Talyn 01-06-2009 10:24 AM

If you guys want to meet at the place in charlottesville virginia, that is more then welcome. I'm not sure on a date though.

Basically the charlottesville thing is at Monticello, which was Thomas Jefferson's home. The guy I sheer with does a demonstration there. I will bite at his heals a bit to get a date out of him, or get him to call and get it setup. You guys are more then welcome to join us there. But i can't have 20 of you showing up at a producers place while we are shearing, they might get a little perturbed. Specially since the one is a dodge guy. haha.

I'm not quite sure everywhere we are going at the moment. The best I can tell you, at this moment, is that we are going to be in VA the first week of march.

Will, is that a picture of your girlfriend? haha

EDITED at William's request:)

Talyn 01-07-2009 08:09 AM

Please re read my previous post. I was an idiot and you should all flame me for my poor locations.

Talyn 01-13-2009 12:15 PM

nobody????

fordguy21 01-13-2009 04:22 PM

Yea I can see getting the white house and Monticello confused, I mean one is White and the president stays there and the other is red made with brick and all , }>,

or

Were u just sleeping in school the day they talked about that stuff:-X18

or

maybe you need to spend less time with the sheep and more time looking at a map:-X16

or

OK ill stop now :-blah:-blah

Well you did ask for it :-fire:-fire:-fire:-fire

OK in all seriousness its OK, never heard anybody say just because your from Michigan doesn't mean you have to know everything :-hair

OK now i got that out of my system, JUST GIVE US SOME DATES, lol

(just don't take what I said to heart, hate coming off as a !bleep! hole before even meeting you in person, :-X0A6