Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   3.0L Powerstroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum204/)
-   -   Ford Postponing The 2010 Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/792542-ford-postponing-the-2010-diesel.html)

cobrajet 11-13-2008 12:35 AM

Ford Postponing The 2010 Diesel

Well It's Official In The Detroit News It's Says That Ford Is Postponing The F-150 Diesels And It Doesn't Look Like They Will Be Considered For Future Development Any Time Soon...........

Sangetsu03 11-14-2008 07:29 AM

And you wonder why American cars aren't selling?

adambomb 11-14-2008 11:55 AM

:mad: ahhh man :mad:

i was really hoping that the F150 diesels would come out soon.

tex25025 11-14-2008 12:48 PM

I can see why they would do that, although(and this is going to buck the majority opinion here) I think it is a mistake to do so despite the fact that diesel fuel(for the known future) will be higher then gas, but there are alot of pros to a smaller displacement diesel engine in a lighter truck. If they could just work out the kinks of the epa "stuff" like gassers were able to do after all those yrs of gradual epa regulations then I think it would be one helluva truck.

smokin_h 11-14-2008 06:38 PM

*****!!!!!!!!!!!I was going to be one of the first to buy one...I test drove one of the 09's a few days ago and it was awesome!!! The worst part is that my Ranger is probably going to bite the dust at that point...and I dont plan on driving my f250 for work...ugh looks like im going to be going to the dark side and seeing what chevy has to offer for a diesel in their 1/2 ton.....I think ford is looking down the wrong end of a loaded gun with their finger on the trigger on this one...man this just ruined my night...

tex25025 11-14-2008 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by smokin_h (Post 6769472)
*****!!!!!!!!!!!I was going to be one of the first to buy one...I test drove one of the 09's a few days ago and it was awesome!!! The worst part is that my Ranger is probably going to bite the dust at that point...and I dont plan on driving my f250 for work...ugh looks like im going to be going to the dark side and seeing what chevy has to offer for a diesel in their 1/2 ton.....I think ford is looking down the wrong end of a loaded gun with their finger on the trigger on this one...man this just ruined my night...

Try and see if you can find a small displacement donor engine and put it in a ranger or equilivant.

smokin_h 11-14-2008 08:13 PM

i would but that would probably cost me a fortune!! my ranger is in great shape other than high mileage and would be a good canidate....something to look into....

chris mueller 11-16-2008 04:32 AM

Ditto on what smokin said. After 15 some years of being a ford man, I may be taking a look at what gm and dodge have to offer in the half ton department. My blood is ford blue (I've owned five over the years), but after the bad taste the 6.0 left in my mouth, and the announced delay with the f150, I'll look elsewhere. Ford, are you listening, or do you not give a crap? Dodge has two new cummins engines coming for their 1/2 tons, get with it or fold with gm!!!!! If there are any company spies here, pay close attention-I will NOT, repeat, will NOT purchase a gasoline powered truck, in ANY weight class!! Make the diesel f150 a reality, or I'll spend my money elsewhere. My 6.0 warranty will be up this year, and so will the payments. I only bought it to get the diesel-keep that in mind when you sales execs are looking for a new job.

2003 6.0 11-17-2008 09:56 PM

Ford better wake up fast. Their going to let a great opportunity past right through their hands.

tex25025 11-17-2008 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by 2003 6.0 (Post 6781749)
Ford better wake up fast. Their going to let a great opportunity past right through their hands.

Unfortunately it isn't as simple as that. Sure they might have this opening, but they may not be able to take it, rather they want to or not. Like so many things, it's not always so cut and dry one way or the other.

rockitdog 11-18-2008 07:23 PM

I heard today that Ford, GM, and Chrysler are all postponing any future developments untill they get their money problems fixed. at least the f-150 is still the top selling vehicle in the US!

tex25025 11-18-2008 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by rockitdog (Post 6785118)
at least the f-150 is still the top selling vehicle in the US!

I also heard from some analysts that Ford is in better position to weather this then the other 2 so that gives some hope for blue oval.

smokin_h 11-18-2008 08:25 PM

booo for no small diesel engines in 1/2 tons!!!! At least Ford isnt acting alone on this...now as long as one of those junk imports doesnt take this idea and run....but I would rather die than buy an import...I bleed blue...im glad to see that Ford is doing better than the others...go Ford!!!!

Red2003XLT 11-20-2008 08:45 AM

In past years the F-150 was the best selling vehicle due to fleet sales.

If GM goes through with a diesel for their 1/2 tons, Ford can kiss that best selling label goodbye, permanently

tex25025 11-20-2008 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Red2003XLT (Post 6790948)
If GM goes through with a diesel for their 1/2 tons, Ford can kiss that best selling label goodbye, permanently

I don't think it's quite that simple. While I do believe a diesel in a half ton would be a good sell, but then again I'm a diesel person as well as most people that lurke and/or post in this particular forum, however, diesel engines have a lot of social stigma to them that is going to be hard for it to be overcome. Couple that with still higher fuel costs, premium on the diesel platform, your still going to be selling to the same crowd. It is going to be very difficult to bring in new comers albeit it would be easier in this market then the heavier trucks for those that still want diesel but not that heavy of a truck, it's still going to be hard. More so now then before.

Like I said, it's not that clear cut.