Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   electric pump noise heard from my 07 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/791627-electric-pump-noise-heard-from-my-07-a.html)

tiger13e 11-10-2008 01:08 PM

electric pump noise heard from my 07

Does an 07 EB edition have air ride suspension? I have noticed once in a while after I park the truck and get out after a little while I will hear some kind of pump or something running for about 30 seconds. I have never got the hood up in time to see where it is coming from. I think it might come from something on the passenger side by the radiator. Just wondering if that is a pump for the air ride and it senses the pressure is low and pumps up the shock's or air bags.

montecarlo31 11-10-2008 05:30 PM

sounds like the air ride to me.

berry1234 11-10-2008 06:02 PM

Not standard, but load leveling is an option.

williamsplumbing 11-10-2008 06:07 PM

Air Ride

I do believe that the compresser for the air ride is located on the front passenger side, in front of the right front tire, below the head light.:-banghead

chuck s 11-10-2008 08:13 PM

The air suspension is an option only on the XLT. Standard on the Eddie Bauer and Limited. I'm kinda surprised you've had the truck for some time and didn't notice how the suspension levels itself. ;)

-- Chuck

berry1234 11-11-2008 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by chuck s (Post 6751294)
The air suspension is an option only on the XLT. Standard on the Eddie Bauer and Limited. I'm kinda surprised you've had the truck for some time and didn't notice how the suspension levels itself. ;)

-- Chuck

Sorry, you are mistaken. It is an option for the Eddie Bauer model.

The option list for the XLT models includes second-row captain's chairs, a manual- or power-folding, third-row bench seat, rear load-leveling air suspension, and a heavy-duty towing package. Options include a navigation system, a premium AM/FM stereo with six-disc CD changer, Sirius satellite radio, and a rear-seat DVD entertainment system.

The Eddie Bauer EL ($39,045) and Eddie Bauer EL 4WD ($41,945) are similarly equipped as the standard wheelbase versions.

Options for the Eddie Bauer models include a lengthy list of practical features including a power-folding, third-row bench seat, rear load-leveling air suspension, a heavy-duty towing package, and second-row captain's chairs. Convenience features include a navigation system, Sirius satellite radio, and a rear-seat DVD entertainment system.

IQ9 11-11-2008 03:39 PM

I have this same problem on my 08 and have been told it is not the air suspension. The sound only happens when the A/C has been running for about 30-40 minutes. You can hear it is the passenger side footwell and in the passenger side of the cargo area. The sounds do alternate from front to rear. I have been told "tech cannot replicate compressor sound/vibrating whrirring noise" I have taken may people out and they have heard it but my old service advisor is gone and he did hear it 2 different time once at Walmart and the other was in the service waiting line. They just can't seem to find it as they have rulered out the air suspension...they no have nothing else to check. Goodluck with your search. I have given up until next summer when my new advisor can hear it and then possibly not roll his eyes but instead say"yep, there is something going on"

tiger13e 11-11-2008 03:40 PM

I just bought this thing, it was used with very low miles. I have all the options listed above except the second row captains chairs and no serious radio.

Thanks for all the help, it sounds like I have an air pump keeping me level.

tiger13e 11-11-2008 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by IQ9 (Post 6754675)
I have this same problem on my 08 and have been told it is not the air suspension. The sound only happens when the A/C has been running for about 30-40 minutes. You can hear it is the passenger side footwell and in the passenger side of the cargo area. The sounds do alternate from front to rear. I have been told "tech cannot replicate compressor sound/vibrating whrirring noise" I have taken may people out and they have heard it but my old service advisor is gone and he did hear it 2 different time once at Walmart and the other was in the service waiting line. They just can't seem to find it as they have rulered out the air suspension...they no have nothing else to check. Goodluck with your search. I have given up until next summer when my new advisor can hear it and then possibly not roll his eyes but instead say"yep, there is something going on"

Have to see if the a/c is what does mine. Let me do some testing and I will reply back.

berry1234 11-11-2008 03:59 PM

It's more than likely the a/c compressor cycling. Turn it off and see if it happens.

benshere 11-24-2008 10:16 AM

Pwr 3rd row

Just rereading this thread----. Did they change for 07 on the 3rd row seats? After all the looking we did and me on this computer monster, I understood the EB came with 3rd row pwr standard. I have the 07 EB EL 2WH.

berry1234 11-24-2008 11:19 AM

Yes, the EB 07 and 08 come with power folding 3rd row. Does yours not have it?

benshere 11-24-2008 11:36 AM

pwr fold

yep, it did. Am sure it is std on EB. We really wanted a 4X4 but got tired of looking (started looking at expys in 05 MY). Finally decided not to go new, let someone else take the hit. Found this 07 EB EL 15.5K. Not really spec'd out. No special radio, No air suspension, (wasnt really wanting it anyway) has DVD, which I would not have spent the bux for. Really wish it had the HD tlr tow. I need to look at the label on the reciever to see if it is lighter than the HD's. May wind up towing a medium sized tlr later.

Like it so far, steering is a little over reactive, does not seem to re center itself very well, like I am used to. Maybe re-alignment will help. I have discovered that not all alignment shops will go "out of recommended specs" to cure a complaint. I realize tire wear is a factor.

In another post, I mentioned my concern about the fuel pump apparently being in the passenger compartment at the rear door-----Oh well------

berry1234 11-24-2008 11:56 AM

What tires does it have?

benshere 11-24-2008 12:21 PM

tars

Parelli scorpion STR 255X70RX18. Read some "ungood" opinions on them----traction. I dont have to deal with snow and ice down here, so they are doing pretty well. I havnt had occasion to drive in heavy rain or on Florida "ice". 16K mi no seemingly excessive wear. I havnt checked tire pressures yet, but some slight wear on edges. At this point I dont know which tire I would go to eventually. I dont want anything with offroad lugs.