Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   Weekly Sunday dinners (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/784731-weekly-sunday-dinners.html)

BobbyDiesel71 10-17-2008 10:22 PM

Weekly Sunday dinners

Me and a few new Super Duty owners have been going to eat Sunday dinner at a Taqueria in North Aurora called LOS COMMALES, it is located on Farnsworth, just South of INDIAN TRAIL RD. We usually arrive at 6pm or so.

ALL far west burb and Chicago IL FTE members are welcome to come!!!

We are looking at speaking with the owner/manager and setting up a IL event there by the end of the year or early Spring 09

I am really anxious for some new member participation!!!

Stop and say Hello and have a few great tacos!!!!

Please post that you are coming or IM me

jake00 10-20-2008 07:58 PM

I'll come if i'm ever down that way

BobbyDiesel71 10-20-2008 10:21 PM

this location in Aurora is just one place to go
I am very willing to located meetings in other areas, Chicago, included.
Please suggest possible convient locations:

I def encourage all IL members to attend!!!
meet and greet!

bigshooter 11-13-2008 04:52 PM

i would try to come if we can set up a date

olsonsperformance 11-13-2008 08:01 PM

i may be over that way already. Some buddies and I go to Mike and Denise's to watch football games on sunday.

BobbyDiesel71 11-13-2008 08:17 PM

where is Mike and Denise's located?
that could be a spot to meet Sundays
good idea!!!

olsonsperformance 11-14-2008 08:53 AM

It is on farnsworth about a quarter of a mile south of 88 on the west side of farns. They make a mean deep dish and have about 6 projectors with every football game on as well as about 15 other tv's spread out around the place.

SHEFFBOY2 11-14-2008 10:23 AM

seriously, why would you have an illinois chapter meeting in chi? i'll speak for myself when i say that's a bit of a drive...how about meeting more in the middle of the state? some of us country folks don't like driving up by chicago...last time i did...some ******* ran into my car and drove off. but then again, that's my 2 cents. i just don't like cities

olsonsperformance 11-14-2008 10:40 AM

neither do i but my wife dragged me into the burbs:mad:

PreciousOne 12-04-2008 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by SHEFFBOY2 (Post 6767531)
seriously, why would you have an illinois chapter meeting in chi? i'll speak for myself when i say that's a bit of a drive...how about meeting more in the middle of the state? some of us country folks don't like driving up by chicago...last time i did...some ******* ran into my car and drove off. but then again, that's my 2 cents. i just don't like cities

I agree with this one.........it would take 5-6 hours for me to get up there from my current location........

BobbyDiesel71 12-13-2008 11:02 PM

I am sorry if the locations is not ideally suited for some of the southern IL members
I def have supported the idea of a southern IL sub chapter

keep posting here with any and all ideas concerning a monthly meeting suitable for all of us to easily attend

I think next year, when the wether become more amicable, I will try to see who all would be up for a statewide get-together!!!

894fseries 12-16-2008 03:20 AM

I agree with having a meeting more centrally located. I think it would be a good experience to meet members but only time I've been to Aurora was and thats when I got my lightning, and that was almost 3.5 hours and I live alil south west of Peoria. Maybe we could do something down around Springfeild or in that area even. Just a thought

messeswithtrux 12-21-2008 08:14 PM

wow, lots of action in the IL forums nowadays. it used to be dead. im in dekalb, about 30 minutes to aurora. my uion hall (ironworkers) is right by mike and denises, we used to go all the time. anybody got diesel or is it mostly gassers? ive got alot of questions if there are alot of diesel guys. might have to make my way up soon. lmk

Paulford8 12-30-2008 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by 894fseries (Post 6889190)
I agree with having a meeting more centrally located. I think it would be a good experience to meet members but only time I've been to Aurora was and thats when I got my lightning, and that was almost 3.5 hours and I live alil south west of Peoria. Maybe we could do something down around Springfeild or in that area even. Just a thought

I could make a Springfield meet! I live near Peoria IL. Although I do have family in Aurora and I do make up that way from time to time.....

BobbyDiesel71 12-30-2008 10:27 PM

Let's keep this thread going:

Please post meeting ideas and ideal locations

locations can be in a rotation of different areas, N-S, etc