Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Projects (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum209/)
-   -   My 56 project (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/782913-my-56-project.html)

redsuperduty 10-11-2008 06:55 PM

My 56 project

Hi guys,
This is the cab and doors from the truck my Dad taught me how to drive in.
It sat behind his barn for 20some years. It was really rusty, but I felt I needed to put the effort into saving it for sentimental reasons. Welded in rockers, corners, cowls, etc... got her close to paint now. It helps I own a body shop. Put a tci coil over suspension in front, 4 link in back and built a cleveland engine for it. Wish I had a customer job like this in the shop so I could work on an effie all day and not feel guilty, It's really a fun build.
Here is a link to some pics. tlrs819/56 Ford F100 Restoration - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tim.

LeadDoggy 10-12-2008 09:17 PM

Great looking project!

SuperSnake 10-12-2008 10:10 PM

I agree it's going to be a beauty when you finish it.

redsuperduty 10-14-2008 03:44 PM

Thanks, I hope to get her done by spring for the supernationals.
Click on tlrs819 when your on the photo page and you will see different albums on the left.
The album "donor car for 56 project" has a lot of pics of the torino I junked for the 351 cleveland, trans, 9" Rear etc. Boy that thing was a heap!

rockher_man 01-28-2009 10:40 AM

Wow...

Originally Posted by redsuperduty (Post 6638766)
Hi guys,
This is the cab and doors from the truck my Dad taught me how to drive in.
It sat behind his barn for 20some years. It was really rusty, but I felt I needed to put the effort into saving it for sentimental reasons. Welded in rockers, corners, cowls, etc... got her close to paint now. It helps I own a body shop. Put a tci coil over suspension in front, 4 link in back and built a cleveland engine for it. Wish I had a customer job like this in the shop so I could work on an effie all day and not feel guilty, It's really a fun build.
Here is a link to some pics. tlrs819/56 Ford F100 Restoration - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tim.

Tim...nice work...too bad you can't charge yourself by the hour!...I especially like the motor mounts...is that your own design?One thing I can NEVER get straight...why was the cowl panel louvered on the passenger side of the cab only...because of the heater?I've got a '56 Effie in the garage also that is "waiting" for the parts pile to get large enough to actually get "sparks-flyin"...I also like your choice of MII IFS...but mine will be bagged...Which 4-link did you decide on??? I went with No Limit's FatBar w/Air Ride...ANYWAY...I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread...you got a really killer '56 Effie goin' there man...it'll be one mean machine...congrats...

Customcab 01-28-2009 01:12 PM

What a nice job; love the red frame; going to be a sharp ride. Keep us posted..

Mitch