Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum170/)
-   -   Spray in bed liners (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/782184-spray-in-bed-liners.html)

Epd444 10-08-2008 07:51 PM

Spray in bed liners

Any of you have one in your truck?
Brand preference? I haven't really heard anything bad about any of the brands out there.
Lookin to get a spray in bed liner just wanna make sure I get one with a good rep

bass-n-fire 10-08-2008 08:40 PM

I have a spray in bedliner in my truck. I don't know what brand it is, but, I know it has been in there for about 8 years now. No problems except the ones that I created. I doubt if I will ever have another truck without one. Just opinion.

BTW, how do you PM someone, I am interested in the 4" skyjacker.

Core250PSD 10-09-2008 12:12 AM

I have seen a few line-x spray in bedliners, and from the looks of it it's pretty impressive. If I could ever pony up the cash that would be the one I would get

884x4broncoII 10-09-2008 12:26 AM

i know a guy that has a linex and its very nice, i just wouldn't go with a diy bed liner

cchildress 10-09-2008 12:48 AM

X2. I wouldnt go with diy bed liner. I think they all bout the same. The low preasure witch is the one that looks wet is better for things that want to slide around the bed and high presure one is more durable to throwing things in the bed and not pealing. Just my 2 cents.

MLCinNCTX 10-09-2008 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Epd444 (Post 6628730)
Any of you have one in your truck?
Brand preference? I haven't really heard anything bad about any of the brands out there.
Lookin to get a spray in bed liner just wanna make sure I get one with a good rep

I have a Rhino Liner in mine. It was installed August 1996 right after I bought the truck and other than a slight fading from the sun it is still in great shape.

One thing I did when it was new was put one of those cheap bed mat in the bed. At the time I was moving a lot of motor blocks and heads and thought the mat would help. The mat is still there also.

LineX is another good brand. Do not think that all spray in liners are the same. For several years the dealers around here were using a Company called Tuff Stuff and it wasn't. A friend went with it so he would not have to take the truck to Rhino and leave it for the day. He had a red F350 XLT CC dually and the dealer talked him into a red liner. 16 months later he put a topper on the truck because of all the crap he was catching from the pink bedliner he had.

You will be surprised at how much quiter the truck is with the spray in liner.

Neal 97 250 10-09-2008 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by bass-n-fire (Post 6628919)
I have a spray in bedliner in my truck. I don't know what brand it is, but, I know it has been in there for about 8 years now. No problems except the ones that I created. I doubt if I will ever have another truck without one. Just opinion.

BTW, how do you PM someone, I am interested in the 4" skyjacker.

In order to PM you have to have so many posts. I think it is 25. You should be able to do it now or in a few posts.

Epd444 10-09-2008 09:22 AM

I definitly don't plan on doing a DIY kit from autozone or wherever. Line X is probably what I will go with I just wanted to hear from the guys with spray ins. There is a rhino liner guy in my town, but I've seen his work and I think its kinda sloppy.

ron86toy 10-09-2008 10:10 AM

About 10 yrs ago I used to spray Permatech Perma-Tech Sprayed-On Technology ...it was some sweet stuff.
We did everything from boat bottoms to dump trucks.....our shop was right next to the GM Tech Center so we did a few concept cars/trucks too.

If I was to get a liner it would be that or Line-x

73strokin 10-09-2008 10:11 AM

I looked at spray-in liners myself over the past year or so, and here's what I've concluded:

My buddy has a brand called Reflex, which is what I would get because it is the most rubber-like and remains grippy even in colder weather.

Line-X seems the most plastic-like to me, not grippy. And the shops around here do bad prep and it doesn't always bond well.

Rhino is somewhere in-between on grippiness. It's probably what I would have got if I hadn't found out about the Reflex.

DIY yourself is garbage and doesn't hold up; wears off easily.

I'm sure other brands are out there that I haven't came across personally.

I don't have any liner yet because I have some bodywork I need to get done first, but then for sure I'd get the Reflex because I want something grippy like a rubber bedmat. Others may like something more plastic like a drop-in liner. It really comes down to what you want.

884x4broncoII 10-09-2008 11:26 AM

if you get a collored bed liner its probably worth it to get the clear coat uv protection sprayed on

ron86toy 10-09-2008 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by 884x4broncoII (Post 6631123)
if you get a collored bed liner its probably worth it to get the clear coat uv protection sprayed on

^ agreed if dont have a cover of some sort.....I know permatech does not need it though....the metallic colors are pretty neat too for color matching.

Of all the ones out there the top three in my mind are(no particular order)

Perma-tech
Line-x
Speed Liner

Epd444 10-09-2008 05:05 PM

I called the Line X place today, they said $525 to do my truck. Gonna call few other companies brands just to see what prices look like but that was in the ball park of what i was expecting

ron86toy 10-09-2008 05:12 PM

Call different line-x places also in the area....as most are independently owned and may charge different prices

allisonmo2 10-09-2008 08:20 PM

what exactly is wrong with the roll in bedliners? are they thinner than the spray in ones? i got a roll in kit off evil bay for 25 bucks and plan on rolling it sunday. all i really wat is to lose the cap, install my tool box and line the bed after a bit of prep. i plan on sanding any rusty spots caused by the bedliner in it now and priming them and rolling in the new liner. i don't usually have much in the bed. unfortunately most of the time the bed is empty, although i do pull a 12k lb tractor every once in a while so it isn't totally a mall crawler. the kit i got is a road warrior kit from rust-oleum. i would hope they put out a decent if not perfect product.