Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   Fall Carlisle (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/780893-fall-carlisle.html)

80351 10-04-2008 07:46 AM

Fall Carlisle

Anybody up for Fall Carlisle this weekend?
The last big swap/sell meet of the season
www.carlisleevents.com

Surge08 10-06-2008 10:27 PM

could not make it, no funds

Uncle Tony 10-07-2008 07:08 PM

I went on Thursday. Was looking for some Eastwood paints and some literature. I also had an eye out for a chrome rear step bumper.

I arrived at around 9 AM and was luckyto find free street parking three blocks away back from the main entrance. The weather was very not good. Gusty winds, intermittent sunshine and occasional blowing rain. After three isles, I found the literature and decided to make it directly to the Eastwood's tent. On the way I stopped by Hemmings and took out a subscription to their Classic Cars magazine. After making my purchase at Eastwood's the sun came out (again!) so I decided to check out the car corral. Halfway there the sun went in, the winds picked up and the rain came in sideways. I called it a day and went to Hoss' Steak and Seafood for a hot lunch.

Looking forward to next year.

80351 10-07-2008 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Tony (Post 6625092)
I went on Thursday. Was looking for some Eastwood paints and some literature. I also had an eye out for a chrome rear step bumper.

I arrived at around 9 AM and was luckyto find free street parking three blocks away back from the main entrance. The weather was very not good. Gusty winds, intermittent sunshine and occasional blowing rain. After three isles, I found the literature and decided to make it directly to the Eastwood's tent. On the way I stopped by Hemmings and took out a subscription to their Classic Cars magazine. After making my purchase at Eastwood's the sun came out (again!) so I decided to check out the car corral. Halfway there the sun went in, the winds picked up and the rain came in sideways. I called it a day and went to Hoss' Steak and Seafood for a hot lunch.

Looking forward to next year.

Want me to bring you a Eastwood catalog?
Pouring that concrete tomorrow so I'll be over

Uncle Tony 10-09-2008 06:16 PM

Sorry I missed you, Dave.

We've had a busy week with a packed daily schedule. When we returned from the courses, Bill told me you were trying to look me up.

Sure would have been great to meet up.

I'll be there the first half of Friday then not till next Tuesday and Thursday.

I've not even had the chance to get over and look at the new "patio"

:)

73f100shortbed 10-09-2008 06:20 PM

I was there on Thurs. as well. Left when the clouds rolled in, but was still worth the trip from NJ to go.

Uncle Tony 10-10-2008 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by 73f100shortbed (Post 6632436)
I was there on Thurs. as well. Left when the clouds rolled in, but was still worth the trip from NJ to go.

That's a bummer having driven that distance then have the weather turn bad on you.

:-X15