Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Offroad & 4x4 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum63/)
-   -   Newbie Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/778334-newbie-thread.html)

crazyredneckanyhow 09-25-2008 11:10 AM

Newbie Thread

In light of all the recent problems and arguements in this section we have decided to make a newb only thread. If you have basic questions such as : How much lift to clear x" tires? Please post them here. We are trying to cut down on those repetitive type questions. This thread also lets us realize that you as an individual are new to the Offroad Section so that we can take more time and patience to explain things to you.

That is all

CHEETO

Carlene 09-25-2008 04:33 PM

You are correct Ben. This is going to be a frame-free thread regardless and you seasoned ones backing away is an excellent way to handle them.

Truckin4life 09-26-2008 07:00 PM

When making a new thread with a question, try to give as many important details as you can. If your looking for specific answers but your questions leave lots of pieces out, then you will get a very open answer.

The more detailed your question, the more better answers you are likely to get.

For me i keep it simple.... I list the basics of my rig in my sig, then if i have a question i can refer to the sig, and if more info is needed than whats in my sig i will add it.

iggybob44 09-28-2008 03:35 PM

Maybe i can get another screen name for this thread and have some fun! Im thinking "mallcruzer150" 2008 150 Supercrew/Supercharged 5.4 w/NOS/ custom 24" lift/ w/stock Ford Ranger axles/19.5x54x20 swamper boggers on custom Weld racing beadlocks w/ spinners........... here goes,For my 17th birthday, mom and dad just bought me the baddest a$$ 4x4 here in town, ive already raced and beaten a brand new Mustang GT500 kr,on a road course last week....of course the poor dude in the stang didnt know that my truck dynoed at 1372 hp at the rear wheels,and then this week,i found a little mud puddle to play in,no more than 4 feet deep of mud! so i wound up the ole 5.4 to about 11,000 rpm as i hit the mud in 4 low,and just blasted through,of course the mud hole was only a couple hundred feet long,no problem! there was this poor guy in a new Super Duty,with about 10" of lift and 38" tires,and he was stuck! boy was he glad to see me,i just drove on over to him and pulled him out in no time at all,did i mention that my 5.4 puts out 1,873 Ft lbs of torque! THe guy at the Extreme 4 wheel drive store that got $100,000 dollars of mom and dads money,told me to get the ranger axles,i wanted 5 ton rockwells,but he said the ranger axles were better,those 5 tonners are too big,they stick down too far,and just cause unnecessary drag in the kinda mud that a bad-a$$,mud boggin,street racing,supermodel dating,trust fund loving dude like me needs! some of you jealous types probably think that im compensating,but im not! Im an Extreme cage fighter,a 17th degree black belt in Laotian mumbo-jumbo jitsu,an accomplished male model,and i also work part-time as an investment banker on wall street...........Dont hate me cause im Beautiful

Truckin4life 09-28-2008 03:41 PM

bob that really should go into the trust fund wheeler thread... Help get that back on track....

Prozon 09-28-2008 10:12 PM

At first when I read Bob's post I was like..

Spoiled little brat. Then I was like.
Uh.........huh...
Super-Duty's don't need 10 inch lifts to clear 38's. :P

The reason i'm posting here.

I think this is a terrible idea!

If a noob has a question, they should put it out in the forum. If you have a thread with a bunch of people asking questions then they can't really fire back and forth between other peoples answers and questions.

IF anything just make a sub-forum for noobs.

Just my two cents.

Truckin4life 09-28-2008 10:28 PM

This is a place for them to ask the very simple questions. so we dont have 500 how much lift? threads...

The bigger questions move them out to the board....

crazyredneckanyhow 09-28-2008 10:37 PM

'hey Ut how bout posting those links in the tech thread. Bob this is a newb thread not a place to make smart ass remarks. Im tryin to be nice and make this section at least somewhat worth being in.

iggybob44 09-28-2008 11:59 PM

Strictly a joke on my part,the scary part,however is that there are posters here who have claimed nearly the same amazing numbers/facts and gross exaggerations. I was just thinking how much fun it mighta been to develop an alter-ego screen name,and see what transpired with it! Besides,Crazyredneckanyhow,if i cant make smart ass remarks,you better change your signature truck,its equally smart-ass! its all meant as humor,and i agree that the newbies(and everyone else,for that matter) deserve respectable answers.....Bob

Truckin4life 09-29-2008 04:17 AM

I see what your saying, bob. But this isnt the place for that. Dont want to scare off the newbs or anything. Let the humor roll in the general purpose thread... Or the mall crawlwer thread....

iggybob44 09-29-2008 10:15 AM

fair enough,you make a valid point,i will be happy to comply!

Carlene 09-29-2008 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Prozon (Post 6595753)
The reason i'm posting here.

I think this is a terrible idea!

If a noob has a question, they should put it out in the forum. If you have a thread with a bunch of people asking questions then they can't really fire back and forth between other peoples answers and questions.

IF anything just make a sub-forum for noobs.

Just my two cents.

I'm glad you posted this and I agree with your two cents. I've been trying to think of a way to express my opinion so thanks for the head start. :)

I've never like the idea of a Noob Thread. Its insulting to those trying to learn and as we've already seen here, only our seasoned regulars are going to post in here.

I think everyone all around would get more benefit from this site/forum if people were allowed to post their questions and get answers without the fear of being bashed or tagged as "noobie". Everyone has to start somewhere and if they won't ask, how the hell are they suppose to learn the proper way to do things.

And one last thing - this thread was started because its the way they do it on Pirate. Well, guess what, this IS NOT Pirate 4x4 and I won't allow it to become a mini pirate and will not allow excessive pirate pushing.

You guys can make this forum or break it. If you all want this FTE forum to be run (or lack thereof) like those "other" sites, it ain't happening. I'd have it closed before that happens.

BTW - ya all may want to be on your best behavior for the next 7 days, if you know what I mean. Hubby just hides in the garage.:-X05