Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wyoming Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum214/)
-   -   September BS thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/771837-september-bs-thread.html)

Scouder 09-01-2008 09:12 PM

September BS thread

I see August is appropriately closed, is there a Sept thread, or is this it?

At any rate, funny, Jim comes my way for the weekend and I go to Pinedale. Had a great time fly fishing the Green River and camping. Sux to have to work tomorrow.

-Scouder

mwvdub 09-01-2008 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Scouder (Post 6503854)
I see August is appropriately closed, is there a Sept thread, or is this it?

At any rate, funny, Jim comes my way for the weekend and I go to Pinedale. Had a great time fly fishing the Green River and camping. Sux to have to work tomorrow.

-Scouder

looks like this is the BS thread. :) had a good weekend 4 wheeling and watching college football. not real interested in going back to work tomorrow.

67nukeford 09-02-2008 08:01 AM

Good Morning Wyoming! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I agree, I did not want to come in to work this morning!! But, hey, at least the Husker's and the Poke's are both 1-0 to start the season!!

mwvdub 09-02-2008 08:06 AM

Good morning all of Wyoming and Nebraska. 41 degrees at 6:15 this morning. Fall is in full swing here.

67nukeford 09-02-2008 08:18 AM

41 degrees......That is waaayyy too cold for september 2nd Miles!! I'm a heat guy, so I'm happy when it's hot! Not a big fan of the humidity, but I'll take that over what it's like here in January/February!!

MichelleF-250 09-02-2008 09:16 AM

Good morning Wyoming, started the wood stove this morning, it was 49 degrees at 6:50 this morning. Have to go to work today, buts that ok. I went dove hunting yesterday, got only 4 doves, but had lots of fun.

BIGKEN 09-02-2008 09:16 AM

Good Tuesday morning to all my cyber friends in Wyoming!!! :-wink Hope all had a great weekend!!!

mwvdub 09-02-2008 09:17 AM

I have a feeling that winter is fast approaching and it is going to be long and cold. the utility company announced a 79% increase over last years prices a few days ago so it should get interesting real quick.

67nukeford 09-02-2008 09:25 AM

That's the one thing that drove me crazy when I lived out there Miles, that the summers were always so short! Oh, goody, natural gas prices are going up!! I really didn't need that money anyway....:-banghead

MichelleF-250 09-02-2008 09:26 AM

We have propane and the wood stove. So hopefully we will only have to fill-up 2 times a year. Thats what we have been doing. But I feel the pain for you with the utility company. Propane is going up too. Also how is your back doing?

67nukeford 09-02-2008 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by MichelleF-250 (Post 6504931)
Good morning Wyoming, started the wood stove this morning, it was 49 degrees at 6:50 this morning. Have to go to work today, buts that ok. I went dove hunting yesterday, got only 4 doves, but had lots of fun.

Hey Michelle. I need to get out and do some shotgun practice for Pheasant season this year.

67nukeford 09-02-2008 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by MichelleF-250 (Post 6504954)
We have propane and the wood stove. So hopefully we will only have to fill-up 2 times a year. Thats what we have been doing. But I feel the pain for you with the utility company. Propane is going up too. Also how is your back doing?

I've been thinking of converting our gas fireplace back to wood. It was originally a wood burner, but the previous house owner changed it over to gas. It's really inefficient, and expensive to operate.

MichelleF-250 09-02-2008 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 6504956)
I need to get out and do some shotgun practice for Pheasant season this year.

I did go and shot some clay pigeons before dove season that was fun.
Are you going pheasant hunting down at springer?

mwvdub 09-02-2008 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 6504951)
That's the one thing that drove me crazy when I lived out there Miles, that the summers were always so short! Oh, goody, natural gas prices are going up!! I really didn't need that money anyway....:-banghead

Originally Posted by MichelleF-250 (Post 6504954)

I used to be a "green" re-modeler so I have done a lot of small things to our town house to help save on gas and electricity. People are amazed to hear how much savings can be had with $100 in materials. It is still painful but at least livable.

My back is pretty good today. I have a doctors appointment today at noon to check it out again. He said if it was still bad this week he would schedule an MRI for later in the week.

MichelleF-250 09-02-2008 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 6504959)
I've been thinking of converting our gas fireplace back to wood.

We had to do something different because propane was killing us. So my husband got the wood stove that his grandma bought when he was 12 and we use that. It is a small box wood stove and I love it. Going to get wood and cutting the wood is a pain but love the heat, and its cheap.