Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   West Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum134/)
-   -   A New Idea..... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/769177-a-new-idea.html)

msgtg 08-22-2008 09:00 PM

A New Idea.....

Guys, I spoke with the organizer of a Ford Mustang Club that does an annual show in Charleston in late September.

While I love having just a truck show, there's certainly nothing wrong with us joining them for a show.

Basically it's an all day event with invited venders for food and other things. The show is at the Capital area and according to the organizer, he has about a hundred cars per show.

If we decide to participate I anticipate us having a 10x10 popup or two and our own truck area for show.

I need your thoughs on participating. I also need an idea of the number of trucks we'd have. To make this work, we'd probably need 15 trucks to participate with us. I'm sure with some advertising work in Charleston we could get 5 to 10 walkup truck participants the day of the show.

What do you guys think?

Joe

Paul T 08-23-2008 08:36 AM

That sounds good. Has any date been set yet?

msgtg 08-23-2008 09:07 PM

I'm waiting on the information from him but when I spoke with him last night, he mentioned Sunday the 28....

Don't set that date in stone yet....

Joe

1975StroppeBaja 08-24-2008 09:23 AM

As stated in the other thread, Sept is bad for me, but that show was pretty decent when I attended it back around 1997. I went one year while I was down at WV Tech. Sounds like there's more cars now and back then the swap meet was one guy selling a couple seats and a set of rims, so hopefully that part has grown a little too.

Paul T 08-24-2008 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by msgtg (Post 6476848)
I'm waiting on the information from him but when I spoke with him last night, he mentioned Sunday the 28....

Don't set that date in stone yet....

Joe

I checked the Mustang Club schedule and Sept. 27 is the cruise-in and the 28th is show.

msgtg 08-24-2008 05:06 PM

I assume if we want to participate we'd do so on Sunday? I'mnot sure that we're interested in the cruise-in...although it sound like fun.

Joe

41inWV 08-27-2008 11:38 AM

The Saturday 'Cruise In' typically includes a little parade through Charleston of some sort, I'm not positive they'll do that this year, and the cruise in I believe also at the State Capitol parking lot.

Sunday is the All Ford Show, they often have a display of NEW Ford cars from Bert Wolfe, and then a decent crowds of Fords only for the day long show.

The last time *I* attended with my '41, a young fellow at the gate asked if my Ford had a Ford motor in it before granting me access to the grounds. All the while my little Flathead motor was sitting there chug chug chugging......my guess is the fellow wasn't THAT up on older Fords :)

So no Small Block Chevy power plants :)

msgtg 08-28-2008 06:02 AM

I'd really like to see us attend this one guys. With this being in Charleston the central location would help those driving in.

Need your input though...one guy doesn't make a good truck show!

Joe

Paul T 08-28-2008 01:20 PM

I would be there if I was not going to Fairmount, Indiana to another carshow and visit with relatives, sort of a mini vacation.

JamesDeanDucktailRun.com - The Unofficial Photo Home To The James Dean and Ducktail Run

I went to the Indiana Chapter to see if anyone from there was going and discovered that the chapter leader had quit. Since I was the last post George (glruff) wanted me to put on a G2G for the Indiana chapter at the James Dean Show. I politely declined because my wife would have killed me. Besides, I do not think there is anyone active in their chapter because I had my thread there for over a week and no one responded. Not even a new thread except for George trying to do a roll call and spur the members.

This all Ford show sounds like the perfect opportunity for the WV Chapter to G2G. I just wish it was on a different weekend.

msgtg 08-28-2008 01:38 PM

Yeah I understand Paul...my wife beats me on a regular basis too...LMAO! Maybe next year for you Pal. I don't see them changing the date for us!

Joe

pmasley 09-20-2008 11:17 AM

Joe, the capitol is just a few blocks from me. My stroker is not a show truck, but if you can give me the location, I should not have any problems getting there.

Dave Sponaugle 09-21-2008 07:55 PM

Well mine don't qualify as a show truck either, but I would still drive down if I possibly can.

The fall work crunch seems to be getting worse this year for some reason.