Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   centrifuge (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/768218-centrifuge.html)

willbd 08-19-2008 10:08 AM

centrifuge

The Boys' Bugle

Check out this guys home made centrifuge.

fabmandelux 08-19-2008 10:26 AM

Way to go Brian...................As if I don't have enough on my mind with moving my operation 13 miles south. Now you put more ideas in my head!

But.....I have a pile of new 16" gas line pipe (up to 12') that I'v been saving. This pipe is 3/4" thick, and smooth,hmmmmmm. Darn it........Now you've started it!:-banghead

willbd 08-19-2008 11:05 AM

Don,
Your welcome......
13 miles x 150 tons = about a week for your move.

So you should have the new centrifuge done in 2 weeks?
While your building yours just make an extra for me.

You could plan a GTG @ your place on moving day?

fabmandelux 08-19-2008 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by willbd (Post 6462864)
Don,
Your welcome......
13 miles x 150 tons = about a week for your move.

So you should have the new centrifuge done in 2 weeks?
While your building yours just make an extra for me.

You could plan a GTG @ your place on moving day?

Try 200 tons!:eek: I don't think a GTG would work, If I even mention the "M" word all my friends suddenly have somewhere else to be...............:confused:

empiretc 08-19-2008 11:19 PM

a centrifuge sure seems like the way to go. between dewatering, settling the glycerin, and then settling the magnesol, it takes a while to process my batches. i was thinking of going bigger and making 100 gallons each time instead of 40 since it will be the same amount of time.

what are the results like taking your batch from the processor directly to the centrifuge?

fabmandelux 08-20-2008 12:35 AM

I may build a centrifuge later, but right now I'm committed to building a "electrostatic" Glycerol separator first. Since I make 100 gallons per hour, I'd like to separate the glycerol on a continuous basis. Don't be afraid to try large batches! I can process 500 gal in 5 hours, which all go into a large tank where I let it settle.

empiretc 08-20-2008 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux (Post 6465296)
I may build a centrifuge later, but right now I'm committed to building a "electrostatic" Glycerol separator first. Since I make 100 gallons per hour, I'd like to separate the glycerol on a continuous basis. Don't be afraid to try large batches! I can process 500 gal in 5 hours, which all go into a large tank where I let it settle.

if only i could get that much oil- i am collecting ~50 gallons/week and growing it really isn't an option. i have been looking into it, though. i think we are going to build another settling tank that way we can process 2 batches at a time. we have been processing each batch for 1-2 hours and after that the processor is free. i don't want to settle anything in it, so it seems feasible for now.

willbd 08-20-2008 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux (Post 6465092)
Try 200 tons!:eek: I don't think a GTG would work, If I even mention the "M" word all my friends suddenly have somewhere else to be...............:confused:

Ok..... I was off only 50 tons.