Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum182/)
-   -   Wide tire problem? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/768079-wide-tire-problem.html)

skirk55 08-18-2008 09:04 PM

Wide tire problem?

On my 2005 F350 I have 33x13.50x18 tires with 18x9.5 wheels. My problem is the ford dealer that I use told me they will not pass the truck for inspection next year because the tires stick out past the wheel well by 3". Can anyone please tell me how much can stick out to pass inspection?

quaddriver 08-19-2008 07:14 AM

zero. (subchapter E, 175.80 e, 1, ix)

easy pinch for a cop.

skirk55 08-19-2008 06:34 PM

OH Wonderful! I am most afraid of Maryland State Police on RT.13 I do not drive the truck much now but I hope to be able to travel soon. After all I have it and look at it every day. I move it around on the driveway and park it out back to wash it. I guess because I don't drive it around I have never been pulled over. My wife drives it more than I do. If she gets pulled over I am going to get it:-hair. At times I think just sell it but this is what I worked for all my life and I thank God every day I have on earth. I do not want to spend time trying to make a Ford Dealership do what is right. They ordered the wrong tires and wheels at $2200.00 and instead of me asking for legal tires I wanted them to supply me with $400.00 flares. They told me they will meet me half way I pay $400.00 and the tires will stick out one inch still but they will overlook the problem for me. This is still not eagle. I could order them and the cost is still $400.00 but they cover 2' I need 3" to be legal.I don't know about trusting a dealer now this has been to shady! This is not the right way to treat a loyal customer. :-huh

c00nhunterjoe 08-20-2008 08:14 PM

if they actualy ordered the parts, not you then they are liable. if they dont want to take care of it then threaten to report them to the better busniss bureau, and contact a lawyer, they will eat the cash for flares to keep you happy when they see dollar signs going out the door.

skirk55 08-21-2008 05:00 PM

The layer is my last resort. I tried to work it out with them and they are no help. If I have to put my layer on it she said full replacement Rims and Tires. They do not understand the law and this is not right. Monday I will call back and see if they will be reasonable. I am not trying to get something free. I was never told the tires will not pass inspection and I did not tell them to order that size. But I do like the tires and the looks. I would have paid half but they told me $600 for the flares I was told by the service person to go to the speed shop a block from there shop and ask for Mark. I told him the Ford dealer sent me and he quoted a price of around $400 to $450 and he will install them free. My Dealer is not very at ripping me off! This made me talk to my layer.

c00nhunterjoe 09-26-2008 09:29 AM

what ever happened with this?