Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mississippi Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum215/)
-   -   Mississippi roll call/introduction thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/767598-mississippi-roll-call-introduction-thread.html)

BarryMc 08-14-2009 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by CHIEFEAVES (Post 7828768)
Hello, My name is Harley and I have begun to restore a 1951 F-1. No mechanical experience, but have driven cars, trucks, and tractors for the past 60 years. Yes my first vehicle to drive was a 1951 Ford F-1 at age 11. Retired from Civil Service and 43 years and 9 months of Army life (active, NG and Reserve-joined when I was 16). Just finished restoring a 1939 Farmall tractor (a John Deere diehard). Hopefully, you will accept this 0ld 71 year old as a member of your club.

Yes, we will accept you as a member of this fine club. Sounds like you have your hands full of projects, post some picture of them, we all like pictures. My wife is from Mashulaville, do you know where that is? I bet you do.

BarryMc 08-14-2009 07:22 PM

Harley, You have been APPROVED
:-wink:-newbie:-wink

BarryMc 08-14-2009 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tangi Cowboy (Post 7829142)
Hey Harley, welcome to the Mississippi Chapter, sounds like you have a lot of talent, and you use it, if you ever find yourself coiming down my way hollar, we would enjoy a visit!!

Johnny, Me and the wife are going down to Covington to take a tour of a private car collection, we are going with the local antique car club. If we have time...we might drop by and say Hi, we just don't know what the schedule of events is yet, so we don't know what time we'll be heading back.

F1CORY 08-24-2009 02:53 PM

Cory, Here I live in North Ms close to starkville..building a 55 F100..Going back to school for machine tools/welding..Been building custom trucks for some time now,but my first FORD!

BarryMc 08-24-2009 07:59 PM

Cory, Welcome to the Mississippi chapter, post some pictures of your FORD, we've got a few members from up that way.

CHIEFEAVES 08-24-2009 08:17 PM

Thanks for accepting me into the club. I will try to do some pictures, but may have to wait until my son come home in that I don't know a lot about computers. Failed to tell you all in the first post that I have had a ford or more in my driveway sense my first Fairlane in 1958. We have driven both cars and trucks. Currently I have my second F-250Diesel. The current one is a 2004 6.0 and has 160K miles on it. We purchase my wife a car a month before getting the truck and it has 26K on it and it had 15K when we bought it. Harley

BarryMc 08-24-2009 08:21 PM

Hey Harley, It's safe to say she don't travel much :-dancing1

Tangi Cowboy 08-24-2009 09:10 PM

Cory, welcome to the Chapter, hollar if you get own my way!!

F1CORY 08-24-2009 09:54 PM

don't know..but here's the links if this doesnt work

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...ictureid=14993 https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...ictureid=14992

cwpowell 08-24-2009 10:10 PM

Cory, welcome aboard, glad to hear that you are building a 55 also, I live in Columbus, maybe I can get over your way sometime and take a look at your project.

Charlie

CHIEFEAVES 08-25-2009 08:05 AM

Can't say that in that she goes just about everwhere that F-250 goes. We just feel safer in the truck and it gets pretty good milage as a run around vehicle without a load. Forgot to mention that we are familiar with Mashulaville. In fact we live on Highway 14 about 6 miles east of Louisville so we are pretty close to her home place. Harley

F1CORY 08-25-2009 08:54 PM

Hey CW..

Hey there Cw..I live in columbus also"small world"..Anytime you want let me know..always good to have more ppl with the same kind of projects...

CHIEFEAVES 08-31-2009 05:44 PM

Not sure where to go to ask my first question. Somewhere down the line, the "push rod" for the fuel pump on the 239 flathead has been lost. I have located a new push rod in a couple of catalogs. Also, it list a fuel pump push rod "Bushing". Can anyone tell me if the bushing goes at the bottom or top of the push rod? I am not real sure if I need the bushing but if it goes to the bottom can you install it without tearing down the engine. I prefer to use the orginal fuel pump rather than an electric pumP. Thanks Harley

desperado_18_2000 08-31-2009 05:54 PM

Guess I should have posted here a while back. My name is Tim I'm down here on the coast in Pascagoula. My project is an 83 F-150. Though the family owns several more. Looking forward to Cruising the Coast in October!

bawiy1904 09-21-2009 10:48 PM

My name is Blake. Going to school at MSU here in starkville. I call Kiln Ms home though. Just got a brand new 2009 f250 4 door fx4. Had it for 2 weeks now and love it. Im going to school for landscape contracting and plan to open up a business back home when I get out in a year and a half. Just got the bedliner sprayed in last weekend and a tool box put in. Have some big plans for the truck but trying to keep it useful for working out of it. 1st ford and 1st diesel but I have had many friends and family owning f250's before me. Love looking at the sight.