Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   BC Chapter August all topics/bs included (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/763441-bc-chapter-august-all-topics-bs-included.html)

warriormama 08-02-2008 09:58 AM

BC Chapter August all topics/bs included

Moved this to where is should be...accidentally put it somewhere else.:-huh

Here is a little video of my son and Al driving a bobcat....

100_3600.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

glruff 08-02-2008 10:19 AM

Great vid Val, thanks for sharing!

Flatdeck 08-02-2008 02:40 PM

Haha, I was wondering why you posted it in the sticker thread. :D
So, I went to Metro Motors in Port Coquitlam a few days ago to get my CPS recall done. Very professional staff. Ron the diesel guru got me slotted in right away and did the swap in 10 minutes. Truck seems to run smoother now too; I should have gotten it replaced back when I first got the recall notice months ago.
Hmm, what else is new. Oil change and rear diff fluid change. My buddy has started building an aluminum under-deck storage box for me (I really need it with the regular cab). Recently got back from a 10-day ATV trip to the Greenwood area where we were exploring abandoned mines. Heading to Osprey Lake tomorrow for more quadding. Sure nice having a reliable PSD for transporting the quads. One more week of vacation left, damn.

warriormama 08-02-2008 06:56 PM

Hey George, how have you been?

I had a blonde moment...and don't even go there with me.....haha

glruff 08-02-2008 10:08 PM

Doing great and you

warriormama 08-04-2008 12:31 AM

Not too bad...working hard 6 days a week, so not much time left for anything else....going camping for 4 days on the 8th...time for some relaxation.

Zip 08-04-2008 06:24 AM

Hey I forgot all about the August BS thread. More than once as a matter of fact. Going to finish instaling my leveling kit tomorrow then on to the injectors on Tuesday.

Pretty nice country out in the Greenwood area. We lived in Christina Lake and Grand Forks a few years back.

warriormama 08-04-2008 09:35 AM

Did you now....I grew up in Greenwood.....

Well, my boss gave me Friday off too, but still not sure what time we are leaving...so how does us stopping in Monday on our way back sound?

Zip 08-04-2008 12:28 PM

Well on Monday I will actually be here and not working.

warriormama 08-04-2008 10:56 PM

Okay then, why don't you pm your phone number and I will call you when we are coming into Princeton monday afternoon.....

Zip 08-05-2008 01:31 AM

Can do that.

warriormama 08-05-2008 09:46 AM

Got it Chris...not sure what time, but will give you a call just as we are coming into town...I guess I should have asked for directions too...Al knows Princeton fairly well....

Flatdeck 08-05-2008 06:09 PM

Zip, which levelling kit did you get, where did you get it, and how much was it?

I am undecided as to whether I want to get a levelling kit or not. I was thinking about the mini-spring packs. My thought was that I'd have to buy U-bolts anyways, and the levelling kit included them, so I wasn't going to install the springs until I decided on whether or not to get a levelling kit.

I picked up a set of V-code springs (not yet installed) to replace my sagging T-code springs. I don't mind a bit of a rake as the truck sits level when loaded up with a couple quads. I think the V-code springs might raise the front end up enough that I won't need a levelling kit, not only due to the existing spring sag, but also because they are rated for an additional 800 pounds.

Zip 08-05-2008 07:48 PM

I am putting in a Procomp. It's the hanger kit which replaces the stock hangers. The Procomp gives 2" of lift. The one I put in my other truck was the replacement springs. I thought this one might be somewhat simpler but it turned out to be about the same.

I went with the hangers because I knew that a 2" kit would give me 2" not 1 1/2" or 2 1/2". My last kit came with all that was needed to do the job. Springs, ubolts, shocks and trackbar adjustment stuff. My hanger kit came with the same except for the hangers instead of springs. I paid $351.00 plus taxes through Lordco. The spring kit was going to run about $300.00 or so more.

I see you have a 99. If the build date is 03/99 or sooner then you will have to change the trackbar. The early 99's have a smaller trackbar diameter. The ubolts are different as well. They are more square across the top. This cost me some time and money with my other truck.

I think most kits whatever the brand would come with ubolts.

Zip 08-07-2008 11:31 PM

Here is one of those mini pack kits that is on ebay.

Pre 3/99 Ford Super Duty F250/F350 2" Icon Lift Kit - (eBay.ca item 230276298825 end time 08-Aug-08 11:11:19 EDT)