Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wyoming Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum214/)
-   -   Nominations for Chapter Leader! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/762647-nominations-for-chapter-leader.html)

Raider50 07-30-2008 12:37 PM

Nominations for Chapter Leader!

Well everyone now that we are a official chapter we need a chapter leader. :) Im not really sure how choosing one is supposed to happen but i figured that we should get the ball rolling now that we have the forum. Man im pumped, this came together sooooooooo fast im proud that we could come together and get this done. Thanks everyone

Scouder 07-30-2008 12:45 PM

I believe that the person most responsible for making this Chapter happen should be the first nominee for the Chapter leader. I may be mistaken, but I believe that is Raider50. If that is true, then:

I nominate Raider50. :-X22

-Scouder

Raider50 07-30-2008 12:54 PM

thanks ill accept that nomination, it all started with a thread i started a while back and then someone updated it and then it got thinking about it again so then two threads later here we are.

wyo_ford_05 07-30-2008 12:55 PM

Chapter Leader

I agree. Raider50 is most responsible for all of this coming together so nicely. He has my vote

wyo_ford_05 07-30-2008 12:56 PM

Yeah I was the one to reply to the old thread. I sure am glad i did.

Raider50 07-30-2008 01:01 PM

im glad you did too

glruff 07-30-2008 01:02 PM

FYI, here are the current Chapter Guidelines for electing a chapter leader:

3. Chapter Leader Qualifications: In order to qualify as a nominee for the Chapter Leader position, the candidate must be a registered user on FTE for a minimum of 60 days at the time of nomination.

4. The Chapter Leader Election Process: To select a Chapter Leader: After notifying a Regional Chapters Moderator, a thread in your chapter forum shall be opened for 30 days to take nominations from willing candidates to fill the position. When the nomination poll is closed, FTE will provide a list of approved candidates from that poll for the final vote . A 14 day poll will then be opened for the membership to elect their new Chapter Leader from this list of approved candidates.

In the event no one is nominated or elected to the position of Chapter Leader all member approvals will be put on "Auto-Approve". FTE shall be the sole arbiter of the Chapters viability, and will make all decisions regarding it's continued existence.

glruff 07-30-2008 01:05 PM

This is an excerpt taken from the current Chapter Leader Guidelines:

1. Conflict of Interest: An FTE Chapter Leader may not hold the position of Moderator, Chapter Leader, or any other official title on another Ford truck site.

2. Leader Responsibilities: The Chapter Leader is responsible for seeking out new Chapter members on the FTE forums, overseeing the organization of events, meetings and gatherings, facilitating chapter growth and promoting the chapter on FTE. A chapter leader may delegate one or more of these tasks to chapter members.
Any questions please feel free to ask.:)

MichelleF-250 08-07-2008 01:44 PM

Well I don't agree for raider50 to be leader. I would rather have Miles Whintey to be leader. He is the only one that keeps up on the Aug. bs thread. I only seen one other and that was A-Rod and only once. So if you want to be a leader you should show it by keeping up on things like Miles has.

mwvdub 08-12-2008 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by MichelleF-250 (Post 6427262)
Well I don't agree for raider50 to be leader. I would rather have Miles Whintey to be leader. He is the only one that keeps up on the Aug. bs thread. I only seen one other and that was A-Rod and only once. So if you want to be a leader you should show it by keeping up on things like Miles has.

Michelle, I accept your nomination and would be happy to be the chapter leader for Wyoming.

Orin Martin 08-13-2008 12:56 AM

I so glad this all came together but it seemed like after it got started every body dropped out of sight untill mwvdub, MichelleF-250,A-Rod, and I got on here (if I missed someone else in postings I' am sorry as I have been out a lot) along with other fine people from other chapters that wanted to help get us going.

I really dont know much about Chapters aside from what has been written so far but I would only want to be in favor of someone that if nominated for this position would be able to organize and continue something that has started.

As I have seen from mwvdub postings including a short video link to a race this weekend, this man gets around and I think he would be a fine Chapter leader for Wyoming so I nominate Miles Whitney for leader of the Wyoming Chapter.
Oo.:-tap

glruff 08-19-2008 11:38 AM

Are there any other nominees or volunteers for Chapter Leader?

If not, is there a motion to close the nominations/volunteers?

So far you have:

Raider50
mwvdub

MichelleF-250 08-19-2008 12:06 PM

I motion to close the nominations for chapter leader.

Scouder 08-19-2008 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by MichelleF-250 (Post 6463058)
I motion to close the nominations for chapter leader.

Second. Any against?

-Scouder

67nukeford 08-20-2008 08:03 AM

You guys will have to check with the mods, and see if this is okay. The chapter guidelines call for a 30 day nomination period. I know this seems long, but it's just to make sure everyone gets a chance to put in their .02.