Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum80/)
-   -   y-pipe (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/762530-y-pipe.html)

1eagle 07-29-2008 10:22 PM

y-pipe

Hello to all. I am getting ready to have my up pipes changed and the ford mechanic I was talking to said I should also get a y-pipe because more than likely the bolts will break off. Does anyone have suggestions where I could pick up one. He said the dealers are way back ordered. Or if anyone has a shop they would recomend I would appreciate it. I forgot, I have a 2000 PSD.

Thanks

Roger

helifixer 07-29-2008 10:55 PM

maybe bill's wife could help?
or Shawn brown "ragin diesel"
or Nate, Strictly diesel. either one of them should answer your post on azpsg if they have anything.
Bart

Bill W 07-29-2008 11:15 PM

Hi, The wife says Sanderson Ford would be her first try....

Wife works for McCandless, or I 10 International. She is a Parts Gal for them

UP_There 07-30-2008 12:17 AM

Diesel Engine Repair Scottsdale Arizona, Cummins Diesel is a great place to call and ask, they're located out in Scottsdale, and can probably get your part if it's in town anywhere! Talk to Nate or Mike there

UP_There 07-30-2008 01:17 AM

Roger....the more I think about it, the more it bugs me and I had to do a follow up post. I see absolutely NO REASON why you need to replace your Y pipe when it's not broken yet. I'm wondering if this mechanic doesnt have the proper tools, and has broken those bolts off in the past while trying to replace up-pipes. With the right tools, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to keep what you've got to work with the new uppies. Have you had this mechanic do work before for you? I suggest ya call Mike or Nate at Strictly and pick their brain a bit about this......they are the experts. Good luck, and let us know what happens!

1eagle 07-30-2008 06:17 AM

Thanks to all for the ideas. No I have not had this mechanic do any work for me before. I will give Nate a call today. Thanks again

NumberDummy 07-30-2008 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by 1eagle (Post 6399494)
Hello to all. I am getting ready to have my up pipes changed and the ford mechanic I was talking to said I should also get a y-pipe because more than likely the bolts will break off. Does anyone have suggestions where I could pick up one. He said the dealers are way back ordered. Or if anyone has a shop they would recomend I would appreciate it. I forgot, I have a 2000 PSD.

Thanks

Roger

Contact FTEpartsguy for assistance. His link is on this page among the sponsors.

UP_There 07-30-2008 09:09 AM

also Roger.....try posting this in the 7.3 forum, you'll get a TON of responses! :-X22

FTE/PARTS-GUY 07-30-2008 09:29 AM

i've have one of the pipe on order now for over 2 months.

ed

Bill W 07-30-2008 05:39 PM

Thats not a good sign! If you really need 1 :-banghead

liftedgrocerygetter 07-30-2008 05:52 PM

I am confused, maybe it is because I am a girl but why do you need to get another Y pipe when there is nothing wrong with yours?????? Why is the mechanic so sure the bolts are going to break off? Sorry if I sound like a dumb girl.

AzBlueWolf 07-30-2008 07:05 PM

its a good idea to have a back up part...if it breaks, you put the part in, if not, send it back

if it breaks and there is no back up part...the truck could sit idle for months waiting for one

a matter of better safe than sorry...but a little penetrating fluid and some tlc...the bolts shouldnt break

liftedgrocerygetter 07-30-2008 07:18 PM

I understand keep parts on hand just in case. I like to have extra on hand when ever I can but IIRC people have done the up pipes without needing a Y pipe. I was just curious.

1eagle 07-30-2008 07:29 PM

Yep, just being prepared. If I get the pipe I will not need it, if I do not get it the bolts will for sure break off and I will be up the creek. Thanks al for the input. Have a good one.

liftedgrocerygetter 07-30-2008 07:32 PM

Hope it goes nice and smoth for ya Roger!! Keep us updated.