Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Shake rattle and roll (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/762413-shake-rattle-and-roll.html)

imlowr2 07-29-2008 05:13 PM

Shake rattle and roll

Well, first the fires, now a 5.4 Earthquake in CA. I was at work and was about 25 mile from the center of the Earthquake. Definitely caught my attention. Haven't gone home yet to see if there is any damage from debris falling on my truck (Xmas ornaments) Hope my buddies in CA made it through with no problems.

Col Flashman 07-29-2008 05:24 PM

Mate, we live seven (7) miles North of the Epicenter here in the Pomona Valley, talk about an E-Ticket ride. The bleedin' thing lifted the house a good foot or better, then shook it to & fro the same amount in the East/West direction. :-X17

The wifes @ JPL, the Cal Tech people called & told them it was well into the 6's, but no one wants to panic the public.:eek:

ALBUQ F-1 07-29-2008 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Col Flashman (Post 6398244)

The wifes @ JPL, the Cal Tech people called & told them it was well into the 6's, but no one wants to panic the public.:eek:

What difference does it make after the quake?! I thought most CA folks took pride in high numbers anyway?! How did your house and truck fare, any permanent damage?

Col Flashman 07-29-2008 08:32 PM

We were Bounced around rather well, like I stated earlier, it was an E-Ticket Ride.
A good foot or better Up & Down & then Fore & Aft-East/West the same amount.
Doesn't seem to be any real damage to the foundation, house, utilities or cracks in the chimney that weren't there before.
The "Wee Beastie" rode it out rather well, too, just shook, rattled & rolled. :-missingt

We appreciate the concern!

48fordjeffie 07-29-2008 08:40 PM

Shake, Rattle and Roll

Hey,
I'm glad to hear you guys made out ok. I can't imagine living in the earthquake zone. I'm sure you can't imagine living where there you get 130 inches of snow or more a year.
Glad to hear everyone is ok...
Jeff :-drink

havi 07-29-2008 08:54 PM

I'll gladly shovel out my F1 from 3 feet of snow, than watch the ground shake around it, lol. Good news to hear there were no injuries reported.

Earthquakes, tornadoes, straight line winds, hail, SNOW (ok laugh, but how heavy is 3 feet of snow pushing on one's roof?), yeah we all got something to worry about now and then, lol. One more reason for a frostie.:-drink

imlowr2 07-29-2008 09:13 PM

I was born and raised in CA, but you never get use to a earthquake. I was at work and at first it shook slightly to where you wondered, "what was that?" then it broke loose and was more of a rolling motion. No injuries, no damage to my house or truck either. Nerve are a little rattled, but that's it. One thing about an earthquake, you find out what your co workers are made of. My partner took off screaming out the door before I could say anything. The big wimp!!! LOL... We've had 27 aftershocks, which aren't much better feeling than an earthquake. This weekend,I'm clearing the roof of my garage so nothing can drop on my truck. Can never be too prepared.
Havi- You bet I stopped at the market and loaded up on frosties... I'm go to go...
Ed

GreatNorthWoods 07-30-2008 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by 48fordjeffie (Post 6399005)
Hey,
I'm glad to hear you guys made out ok. I can't imagine living in the earthquake zone. I'm sure you can't imagine living where there you get 130 inches of snow or more a year.
Glad to hear everyone is ok...
Jeff :-drink

Give me the snow any day. We have little quakes (3.2 or less) here once in awhile but nothing like you guys have out there. :)

Oz52F1 07-30-2008 07:23 AM

Baaaah......here in Tokyo, people dont even put their chopsticks down for anything under a 7.last week, one went for about 2 mins and shook the bed more than my girl does.......and in just as many directions!...and we were 350 miles from the epicentre!Im used to them.......its not like you're gonna outrun them or something!!