Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   new career plans (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/757506-new-career-plans.html)

dawgs150 07-11-2008 06:06 PM

new career plans

well as some of you know Discover Card has decided to close their center in dover... the TRANSITION ( as they call it ) is between Oct 1st and Dec 1st...so after 15 years its time ot look for a new job...so...

i have officially enrolled in Del Tech's Culinary Arts program...i will have to take a couple courses at night until the official closing...

this career field historically doesnt pay a lot but it has been a dream of mine for a long time..

Hopefully this is the official start of Fat Lew's BBQ and Grill...

DAFBFD58 07-11-2008 06:32 PM

Hey you need a part time help????? Kidding lew...... I wish you the best of luck and I will gladly be a taste tester anyday!!!!

savage2211 07-11-2008 06:49 PM

wow lew. I think this is a great move man. You can already cook with the best of them, and now you will have the certification to prove it. Any thing I can do to help you let me know.ummmmmmmmm like testing your homework you know i'm only a phone call or text away man......

This is AWESOME...

SCRWDRVR 07-11-2008 07:00 PM

Its a shame there closing after having so much time in but I think its great your going to get to prasue your dream. I wish you the best of luck and hope it is all you want it to be and like Ryan said just holler if you need a taste tester :)

defyrftr 07-11-2008 08:16 PM

Good luck Lew. Hopefully things will work out for the best.

fire240 07-11-2008 09:02 PM

Lew I hope everything works out for you.

Surge08 07-12-2008 02:53 PM

Hey Lew, when is Fat Lew's BBQ and Grill opening up? I'll be there for grand opening. Hope everything works out.

BigBlueMacDaddy 07-12-2008 08:28 PM

Well, they say that every dark cloud has a silver lining..... Looks like you've found yours, Lew! Like the rest of the guys, I'll be very glad to sample your wares. I'll also be looking for you on "Hell's Kitchen" or the "Iron Chef". I wish you the very best, now "Go Get 'em Lew"!

savage2211 08-31-2008 08:53 PM

Hey Lew, Whens homework due?????? I,m hungry!!!!!!!

cmpd1781 08-31-2008 09:17 PM

Good luck with that Lew......It's an honorable profession, and hell.....Who doesn't like someone who can really throw together a terrific spread?.......

Johnson & Wales opened their culinary university here in Charlotte a couple of years ago....And we're all the better for it.

It's GOTTA be better than working in an office!!! :-drink

tewferford 08-31-2008 09:28 PM

Hey Lew, My stepson has been going to a culinary school for three months now. He just got a job with a major hotel chain, making $15.00 an hour to start. Things have a way of working out. Good luck to ya buddy.

dawgs150 09-01-2008 06:42 AM

sweet.. i am still at discover in my day job, but once they close i am going to get a job in the industry.. the timing is a little off as dover downs has just built and staffed 2 new restaraunts.. oh well i will find something

Surge08 09-01-2008 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by dawgs150 (Post 6501812)
sweet.. i am still at discover in my day job, but once they close i am going to get a job in the industry.. the timing is a little off as dover downs has just built and staffed 2 new restaraunts.. oh well i will find something

good luck Lew

cmpd1781 09-01-2008 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by dawgs150 (Post 6501812)

I just hope you use that new-found professional knowledge to throw us a bone once in awhile here. You know. How to cook the perfect steak.....Or how to make the perfect Hollandaise sauce in a waring blender.......Or Peking Duck in under a day......Or 'French Cooking for Dummies'......

Don't hold out on us, Man.....;)