Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum80/)
-   -   Dogs & Frogs! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/756902-dogs-and-frogs.html)

Bill W 07-09-2008 11:09 AM

Dogs & Frogs!

Just got a call from my sister!:confused: My Mom's Dog somehow got ahold of a frog last night :mad: and did not make it to the Vet! Died in route.

Winnie was a brindle Pom, She was such a fun little dog, I know this is going to devastate my Mom! As some of you might remember my Dad passed away last Oct.... The Dog was a suprize for my Mom from my Dad!

This is going to be Tough to get through for my Mom,

Sorry for bad news... But I wanted to post to let everyone know to keep an eye on your outside Dogs!

rugermack 07-09-2008 12:11 PM

Thanks Bill, I have 4 chocolate labs, I'll keep an eye out for them.

liftedgrocerygetter 07-09-2008 04:20 PM

Bill I am so sorry to hear about your moms dog:( I hope she is doing okay.

Thanks for the heads up, I have little dogs also.

UP_There 07-09-2008 06:00 PM

Man that sucks Bill.....I didn't know Frogs were bad for Dogs? I guess they must be toxic in some way? Sorry to hear that.....

pharm_doc 07-09-2008 06:20 PM

Sorry to hear about your dog. I hate them Colorado River Toads!!!

Bill W 07-09-2008 06:26 PM

Yea! That is the Kind of Toad it is! It's not a Frog, They are everywhere right now!
Be careful when you let out your Pets

AzBlueWolf 07-09-2008 07:08 PM

sorry to hear that Bill!

(resisting the urge to make a joke about the frog croaking)

I dont have a dog currently, but thanx for the heads up!

Mark

garbz2 07-09-2008 10:16 PM

Bill

Did the monsoon bring them out? We have been missed here in Glendale of all the rain so far. Sorry about the companion. My ****zu had a stroke last november and is just getting a sembelance of himself back. Like one of my kids sick...

Garbz

helifixer 07-10-2008 12:48 AM

sorry to hear about your mom's dog. I know how hard it can be to loose a pet.

my dog was playing with a toad earlier and then slobbered all over the house. he has done it before so maybe they don't have enough toxin to kill a big dog?
or did you mom's dog eat the toad?
Bart

Az.scarecrow 07-10-2008 10:51 PM

That blows bill, sorry to hear about this. :(

pharm_doc 07-13-2008 05:00 PM

I guess the rains brought out the rodents which brought out the rattlers. I have seen 2 in the last couple of days. One on my neighbors property and one on mine. Unfortunately, yesterday my golden retriever got a little too curious around the second one and it bit him. We did not discover the bite until after we found the snake some 2 hours or so after the apparent event. Our sheltie was trying to tend the the golden and that is when we noticed the bite marks on his muzzle. We took him to the pet hospital and they determined that the envenomation was minimal based upon test results. We have him home with us now on antibiotics and pain meds. His face is swollen, but otherwise he seems to be doing fine.

liftedgrocerygetter 07-13-2008 05:09 PM

Wow Rique... I am so glad to hear that you dog is doing good and is home with you. Glad you caught it when you did.

kermmydog 07-13-2008 06:15 PM

Hey Bill, I'm really sorry to hear the news. I love my dog & I know how hard it will be the day we lose him. He is 11 years old now. For me when I lose my best buddy it is easier for me to get another dog fairly soon. Maybe getting another dog for your mom might help ease the lose. I don't know we are all different. Just a thought.
Again sorry to hear about the loss of any pet. As some of you know we are both pet lovers. Love both Cats & Dogs. I'm a big horse person also. I was a professional farrier in my young days.
Craig

Bill W 07-13-2008 07:31 PM

Thanks Craig, and Thanks Everyone! My Mom has had a hard Year! She has lost her Mom, my Dad and 2 Pets All in just over 1 Year. I hope I can keep her sprits up, She is really down :confused: Sometimes I dont know what to say to her.

Rique Glad to here your dog is OK!! We had lots of snakes where we live at, But not to many now, Ducati Homes Plowed over the Desert behind us, Planed 83 homes with maybe 12 Built and then went belly up on the Project!:mad:

Anyone seen Dave??

AzBlueWolf 07-13-2008 08:12 PM

maybe you need to find her another dog right away, Bill

take some of her sorrow away

Mark