Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   1955 F100 Frame Width? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/754930-1955-f100-frame-width.html)

OldSchoolRodz 07-01-2008 07:23 PM

1955 F100 Frame Width?

Can anybody tell me how wide the frame on my 55 F100 is.

My trucks off site, and I'm trying to research options for vintage X Braces I could adapt to it.

Thx David

B/B ford 07-01-2008 07:56 PM

should be 34" outside to outside.

fatfords 07-01-2008 08:34 PM

Wayne has it right. If you're like me, I need a picture to understand, so take a look.
http://www.clubfte.com/users/jniolon.../fordspec7.jpg
Thanks to Mr. Noilon
Good Luck!

OldSchoolRodz 07-01-2008 10:47 PM

Thx a bunch Fellas, this should help tremendously! D.

B/B ford 07-02-2008 12:17 AM

It sounds cool OldSchool, when are you going to start a gallery and show it off?

OldSchoolRodz 07-02-2008 05:04 AM

Thx for asking, unfortunatly My Trucks jus a build sheet, 6-8 sketches, a storage unit full of parts I've been collecting for her the last 5 Yrs.

I've accumulated most of the parts In my Build Plan. No parts newer that 1960 to maintain the illusion that she could have been Built / Customized in 1960. Here are a laundry list of modifications I've collected for the custom I'm planning.

I found a good 55 rust free dent free desert cab rolling on an F250 frame, a titled 55 F100 frame / but it's gonna need alot of Repop metal around it. I'm going Mild Custom, not chopping the Cab, Chopped Channeled Raked Express Bed into a Short Bed / 52 Tailgate, 37 Ford Headlights grafted to the ends of my 55 grill bars, Ext Windshield Visor, Spots, Fogs, 50's Caddy Dagmars Front and Rear. I've got a couple pair of Original FoxCraft Fender Skirts / gonna Skirt all Fours and Drop her Old Skool in the Grass, Custom Running Boards.

My Engines coming together with 312 Crank / rods, turned dow to 292, Jahns Street Domed Pistons, Mummert Mild Low Torque Cam, ECZ-G Heads rebuilt with Hardened Seats Stainless Valves and Mummerts Dual Return Springs, High Ratio Rockers and Chrome Moly Pushrods, Blueprinted Oil Pump with an NOS High Vol Pump Return Spring, Edelbrock 573 for 3-94's, Mallory Dual Point Centrifugal Advance Dist and NOS Flashfire 6V Coil, Ramshorns, and Cherry Bombs.

I've collected 4- Truck 3 Spd Overdrives, to cobble a good 1 together, and end up with a few parts for repairs. Minimal modifications to the chassis (No stinkin late model IFS or Bags), Cept a Period Correct X Brace. Dropped Straight Front Axle, Reverse Eye Springs, Blocks Rear, and a Ford 9 inch.

Interior Inc 4 - 53-55 F100 Dashes modifications to Cut and Section mine Kustom, 56 Crown Vic Rear Seat N Trim for my Bench Covered 2 Tone Old School, matching 56Crown Vic Air Temp Control and Clock, 34 Ashtray, Vintage 6V Illuminated Inside Switches, a Beautiful Holywood Suicide Knob with Marilyn Monroes' famous 1953 1st Playboy Centerfold Image, and one sweet peice of Kool for the end of my 3 on the Tree.

I'll be Checkering the Firewall with Two Tone Suede and Gloss Paint (original Seafoam Green and Cream). I cant afford meticulous panel alignment / straightening / blocking / filling / a 10K paintjob and the kind of heartbreak and torment I would have trying to avoid rocks and dings, so it'll be a 3k Paintjob / Driver.

I've Collected a few peices of pre 60's Accy's Inc an NOS Thermador Water Cooler, and alittle bling where the sun dont shine like a Gen Cover, Hildebrand Oil Filter, "say why-and" Rocker Covers, Edelbrock Fuel Block, Regulator Cover.

I intend to deviate from the plan with modern brakes. A/C Hidden for Kool, 12V Battery Hidden for Starting, and Hidden Music.

As you can tell I've been collecting Parts, and invested alot into the build Plan. I'm sure I've got 10 Yrs of Build ahead of me as I can afford it but havin a helluva time in the mean time!

Keep it Kool, Keep it Old Skool... David