Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   Super Duty Parts in MI? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/754813-super-duty-parts-in-mi.html)

5.4L to Freedom 07-01-2008 11:19 AM

Super Duty Parts in MI?

Anyone know any good late model junk yards with an abundance of Super Duty's? West MI is preffered but anywhere in MI south of Midland will work.

I need some parts and I'm hoping to find color match. Such as passenger side rear ext cab door, tailgate, and otehr fun stuff.

It'd be nice to get one of them bench seats that fold in the middle too... captains chairs get old... FAST!

But anyhow, in Flint MI all the SD's i've found are all burnt out from that fire problem, and ebay isn;t the best for body panels

Any ideas please let me know!

just another truck 07-02-2008 07:07 AM

Its to bad you put a limit on your travel, I am thinking that I would have called Cooks out in Harrison, but I do believe they will ship. Its a tad North of, but about 30 miles West of Midland.

http://www.cooksautoparts.com/

5.4L to Freedom 07-02-2008 07:11 AM

Well I guess I'm not limiting myself, I just can't really afford to spend a ton of $$$ on gas for trips that aren't 'necessary' in the truck :(

But if anyone has a way to strap quad cab doors on a motorcycle I'll go anywhere!

just another truck 07-02-2008 07:23 AM

Please contact me when you are ready to run the bike with the doors, the mental picture is great, but I am thinking the real thing would be funnier!!

Talyn 07-02-2008 07:59 AM

coooks number is 989 five three nine seven six one seven.

Yes. its so phishing machines do not pick it up.

Let me know if your going up there, i'll meet you there, its only 10 miles from me. hehe.
Cooks specializes in newer vehicles.
he might have a whole super doody sittin there with just a smashed front end, or screwed up bed.
They have a bump shop and will paint the doors for you to match as well.

5.4L to Freedom 07-02-2008 10:42 AM

That was discouraging, Cook's said usually when they get SD's in they are too trashed to claim any body panels off of :(

BUt there is a place in Clare that has the supercab door i need already matching color for $400, does this sound reasonable?

Also, I've been looking to get rid of my lariat buckets for a 40/20/40 bench seat... would be getting one from a salvage yard be a good idea? The place in clare said they had one but the passenger side belt was cut and it needed to be professionally cleaned... does blood come out easily?

Toyman 07-02-2008 12:55 PM

I have 40/20/40 grey cloth I will trade you, everything should just bolt in. I am over by Lansing.

Toyman

5.4L to Freedom 07-02-2008 01:09 PM

Is it for the supercab with the seatbelts in the seat? But we need to exchange pics of each others seats:) pm me, i'll go snap a few

just another truck 07-02-2008 01:59 PM

Good Luck on your parts

Toyman 07-02-2008 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by 5.4L to Freedom (Post 6308672)
Is it for the supercab with the seatbelts in the seat? But we need to exchange pics of each others seats:) pm me, i'll go snap a few

sent you a PM. I can get some pics to you by tomorrow morning.

Toyman

Talyn 07-03-2008 07:48 AM

Who is the place in clare? Is it uhh.. zemkos?
They are a rip off but they have good stuff.
They only do 4x4's
and all their stuff is worth gold.

Sorry cooks doesn't have it. They must just salvage the axles and engine on the SD's

5.4L to Freedom 07-03-2008 07:51 AM

zemkos sounds about right... yeah, everything there costs $400 but it's good to know they have good stuff!

Talyn 07-03-2008 08:52 AM

I woudln't say good, But they have it.

I needed the bracket that goes from the manafold up to my coil pack, its just a strait piece of metal with 2 holes. They wanted 30 dollars for it.
And i coudlnt' remove it myself. They wont let you touch their vehicles.

I will go take pictures of it if you wish though.

Toyman 07-06-2008 06:57 PM

Sorry 5.4L, the internet went down at work I could not get any pics to you. Look for them Monday in the morning. Hope the 4th was good for you and everybody else here.

Toyman

Toyman 07-07-2008 09:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
sent you another PM. I have some pictures for you. It looks to me that they will work. The floor brackets have the mount for the center seat, and they all attach on flat surface with the center hump bracket attaching at the 4 center holes. I will attach the pictures here also.

Toyman